Stupid Little Things That Hurt Like Hell

Discussions of the best (or worst) equipment to have on hand for use in the event of an injury during an emergency.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Thor

Re: Stupid Little Things That Hurt Like Hell

Post by Thor » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Dawgboy wrote:Recent experience, a week ago Tuesday... been fighting a recurring ear infection for 2 years. Finally got into an ENT after yelling at my doctor to stop with the damn antibiotics and check me in. Turns out I have a giant abscess in my skull, in the middle ear and my eardrum is blown out. They busted it open and drained it 3 weeks ago, which was bad enough, but this last one...

Dude cauterized the inside of my ear. It smelled like burning doghair and eggs spilled on the grill... and I was numb for the procedure, but when the numbing wore off, it felt like somebody stuck a red hot poker in my ear. Which they did... I then had a 20 hour headache... Still getting black chunks out too... Only get to do it 3 or 4 more times!
The ear is very sensitive. I was working on my truck and had a fuel line leak, laying on the ground under the truck and ::drip:: a single drop of unleaded falls right into my ear hole. The pain was EPIC and long lasting.

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:31 pm

step on a tiny piece of glass, it hurt, it annoying, you can't walk and for as long as it in your foot it ain't gonna heal. even just a single glass particle is enough.
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Screw around with your multi-tool long enough and the pivot point on the pliers will pinch you. Plier bite is really just a synonym for "blood blister".

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:43 pm

majorhavoc wrote:Screw around with your multi-tool long enough and the pivot point on the pliers will pinch you. Plier bite is really just a synonym for "blood blister".

happened A LOT with my sog powerlock
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

Drunkenhuntswoman

Post by Drunkenhuntswoman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:29 am

Ceramic shards in your feet. Ow. Made even worse when you don't have your glasses on, and have to walk/hop to get them.

Return to “First Aid”