TT Intermediate Treatment Bag - Car FAK

Discussions of the best (or worst) equipment to have on hand for use in the event of an injury during an emergency.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Gurthy

TT Intermediate Treatment Bag - Car FAK

Post by Gurthy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:24 pm

This is partly an initial review of the TT Intermediate Treatment Bag and partly a post on my car FAK.

Tactical Tailor Intermediate Treatment Bag

Firstly I'll start with the bag. As one would expect from Tactical Tailor the quality is outstanding: the material is tough 1000d cordura, the stitching is strong and precise, and the straps, buckles and zippers (YKK) are all top quality. The bag dimensions (which I couldn't find anywhere on the interwebz before purchasing the bag) are:
  • Overall 14"w x 11"t x 5"d
  • Main compartment 10" x 9" x 5"
  • Side compartments 10" x 2.5" x 5"
  • Removable pouches 7" x 2" x 4.5"

The bag is well thought-out and designed. It can be worn over the shoulder like the old CLS bag via the 1.5" shoulder strap (with an excellent shoulder pad) or as a waist pack using the 2" waist strap with quick release buckle. Of course both straps can be used in conjunction for extra stability when moving, and both the shoulder and waist straps can be removed if one desires (I opted to remove the waist strap and run w/ just the shoulder strap). There is also a nice carrying handle. There are three main zippered compartments; the side compartments have several elastic straps for securing equipment and the main compartment has a zippered mesh pocket on the lid. There is also a small zippered outer pocket. The bag comes with two removable pouches with elastic loops on the inside...I'll be using these to organize other bags I think.

The bag is thin and therefore low profile, which makes it easy to carry and store. It cannot easily be used while strapped to the body - the bag is definitely designed to be removed and laid flat on the ground to be used. I actually prefer this but some may not so I thought it worth mentioning.

Contents

Now onto how I have it set up. As the title suggests I am using this as a car FAK (it is replacing my trusty old M3 CLS bag). I intend for it to cover all of the minor injuries that are typical at work, while traveling, etc. It is also a supplement to my blow-out kit on my LBE, which means I can provide BLS treatment for one major trauma or GSW (or a couple of minor injuries from it as well as some minor medical problems) from it. All of my FAKs are set up with color-coded compartments: blue is for airway/CPR/PPE and red is for "oh shit,` he's bleeding BAD!"

“Blue” Compartment (Airway and PPE)
Pocket mask
OPA set
(2) N95 masks
Biohazard bag/sticker
Nitrile glove
Hand Sanitizer

“Red” Compartment (Bleeding)
CAT
6” Izzy
4” Izzy
More nitrile gloves

Middle Compartment
Boo-bbo and minor wound kit-
  • (2) 5x9 ABD Pads
  • (10) Gauze 4x4s
  • (2) Gauze 2x2
  • Non-stick 2x3
  • (20) Assorted bandages
  • (10) Steri-strips, tweezers
  • (6) wound cleaner wipes
  • (6) Alcohol pads
  • Tweezers
  • 18ga Needle
  • 23ga needle
OTC Meds Kit
  • (20) Ibuprofen 200mg
  • (10) Acetaminophen 500mg
  • (6) Diphenhydramine 25mg
  • (6) Lopernamide 2mg
  • 1oz diphenhydramine cream
  • .5oz Eye drops
  • 15gm Oral glucose
Field Dressing
(3) Kerlix
(2) 3” gauze rolls
(2) 2” gauze rolls
3” Ace wrap
2” Ace wrap
2” Tape
1” tape
4oz sterile water
Instant cold pack
Cravat
Emergency “space” blanket
SAM splint

Inner Mesh Pocket
Pen light
10cc Wound irrigation syringe
More nitrile gloves

Outer pocket
Trauma shears

Showtime

Re: TT Intermediate Treatment Bag - Car FAK

Post by Showtime » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:40 pm

Good looking kit and great bag. This is about the size of the bag I'm looking for. Other then the TT one are there any other close to this size shape?
"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive."

SteelWolf

Post by SteelWolf » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:38 pm

Very very cool bag... I may just want one.

Wonder why it doesn't have a dedicated shears pouch on the exterior of the bag? A lot of bags like this do. If you read this TT, PLEASE ADD ONE. (Using other pockets works... its just nice to have a dedicated slot for them. Also... no PALS webbing on front? (WTF TT!?) Well... its meant to be compact that explains no PALS.

Still cool. GREAT idea woth the colored 550, I do that on some of my kits too. That really helps when you get super stressed. May I reccomend some cord ends ala Countycomm http://countycomm.com/CORDLOCK.htm ? It makes it easier to zip it open / closed.

Looks well stocked... all I'd reccomend is 1 more CAT... and a pair of eye pro in your BSI pouch (I usually carry some cheapy hardware store clear glasses... just to keep shit out of my eyes. GOOD on the masks tho - very few people carry them (odd, I know) And plenty o gauze and tape too, thats good. Plenty o gloves. ALso good.

I think I may just get one for my truck, mount it right behind my headrest.

Thank you for taking the time to put this up, I didn't even know TT made something like this.
Last edited by SteelWolf on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEMS / Flight Paramedic. NRP, FP-C, TP-C.
OIF / OEF Combat Veteran
Owner / Chief Instructor of Archangel Dynamics, LLC. Come visit us for all of your Medical Preparedness needs!
Do you live in or around Arizona? Come train with us! Firearms, Medical and Survival courses.
https://archangeldynamics.com/

SteelWolf

Post by SteelWolf » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:42 pm

Showtime wrote:Good looking kit and great bag. This is about the size of the bag I'm looking for. Other then the TT one are there any other close to this size shape?
Theres a couple...
I'd reccomend either the bag in this post... also:

http://www.originalsoegear.com/vehiclemedbag.html original SOE gear vehicle medical bag

or

TT first responder bag (bit smaller... I own two and use my black one at work)
http://www.tacticaltailor.com/firstresponderbag.aspx

Edited because I apparently cannot spell...
Last edited by SteelWolf on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEMS / Flight Paramedic. NRP, FP-C, TP-C.
OIF / OEF Combat Veteran
Owner / Chief Instructor of Archangel Dynamics, LLC. Come visit us for all of your Medical Preparedness needs!
Do you live in or around Arizona? Come train with us! Firearms, Medical and Survival courses.
https://archangeldynamics.com/

Gurthy

Post by Gurthy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:43 pm

SteelWolf wrote: Wonder why it doesn't have a dedicated shears pouch on the exterior of the bag? A lot of bags like this do. If you read this TT, PLEASE ADD ONE. (Using other pockets works... its just nice to have a dedicated slot for them. Also... no PALS webbing on front? WTF TT!?) Well... its meant to be compact that explains no PALS.
YES!! I agree 100%...even if it just had PALS one could mount a shears holster to it. Drop the velco and add some PALS TT!
SteelWolf wrote: Still cool. GREAT idea woth the colored 550, I do that on some of my kits too. That really helps when you get super stressed. May I reccomend some cord ends ala Countycomm http://countycomm.com/CORDLOCK.htm ? It makes it easier to zip it open / closed.

I am terrified of CountyComm...there is no way I'm ever going to be able to get out of there w/o a $100 order! LOL!
SteelWolf wrote: I think I may just get one for my truck, mount it right behind my headrest.

Check your PMs.
SteelWolf wrote:Thank you for taking the time to put this up, I didn't even know TT made something like this.

NP!

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 pm

Excellent work Gurthy!
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

BobtheBreaker
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD 04
LotD
Resident Evil
Evil Dead Trilogy?

Post by BobtheBreaker » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:48 pm

The bag looks pretty slick. I agree there should be some way to mount a set of two of shears or rescue hooks. One thing I never really grasped about these ultra boutique bag manufacturers is how the hell they can charge so much and still make such generic stuff.
.22LR/.357/Cheese Cake/SAK/Grey Wire
If you can't laugh at yourself, you're in trouble.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Security Guard/Wilderness First Aid/CPR for the Professional/HAM Technician

Packin' Heat

Post by Packin' Heat » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:50 pm

Luv It! I need one stat.
Glock 23: Check
Mossberg 590A1 12ga: Check
VEPR AK 7.62x39: Check
Saiga 12: 12g check

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:11 am

I was thinking of doing the same, but I never got around to getting one of these bags.

Thanks for the review and pics, I didn't know there were elastic loops in the side pockets.

I'll have to get one when I have the cash.
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

Return to “First Aid”