Great Deal on Finger Pulse Oximeter for FAK!!!

Discussions of the best (or worst) equipment to have on hand for use in the event of an injury during an emergency.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Veritas

Re: Great Deal on Finger Pulse Oximeter for FAK!!!

Post by Veritas » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Decadron wrote:...if they're blue (called cyanosis) you're up sh*t creek without oxygen and definitive respiratory care.
Not necessarily. Could be entirely benign. Just playing devil's advocate.
Veritas liberabit vos

FAK | IFAK || BOB | GHB

Decadron
Favorite Zombie Movies: All time favorite is Zombieland. I've taken a liking to the new AMC series The Walking Dead, I like 28 Days Later as well. Of course, I'm a fan of the classics and try to catch them whenever they're on (my wife thinks I'm a huge dork when I fight her over the remote to watch zombie movies).

Post by Decadron » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:41 pm

My apologies to the OP, I didn't click the link and just critiqued pulse ox's in general. That is a heck of a steal for a personal FAK. If you've got the extra cash.
Don't kick it! Don't kick it! Awe man, you idiot. You deserved to get bit in the leg.

Raybo

Post by Raybo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:31 pm

Actually, They are more closely related than you think, I do intensive Metabolic work ups for kidney stones, and Hypogonadism that are related to the The endocrine system, However, my real love is Diabetes and Insulin managment.

As for the EM side...I spend a lot of Time in the ER but am NOT an ER doc...I end up training a lot of EMT's and nurses cause I spend so much time picking up a lot of my Pts in the ER with Stones, Urosepsis, and DKA. As for for my background I spent many years in the ARMY and had to learn General medicine...I also do some Housecalls for homebound pts. and it is not uncommon for me to find that the Diabetic or urological Pt I am seeing has other problems. On these Pts I most often do some minor intervention or have them transported to the ER. As you can tell, I love learning and am constantly seeking more training and education...I am an education junkie

Raybo

Return to “First Aid”