All right, bring it on! Allthough you alle seen my FAK's before, these are my contestants
My standard FAK:
This is the bag (Eagle Creek all-aboard). Notice the shoulder-strap I sewed on.
The rear of the pack has a hook to hang up the bag if needed (it's a toiletry-bag)
- First-Aid guide
- Rite in the rain waterproof note-book with pencil
The bag opened up:
- 60ml syringe with butterfly-catheter for irrigation]
- quart Ziplock
- small mirror
- 4 pairs of nitril gloves
- roll of sports-tape 2.5cmx10m
- roll of duct-tape 1m
- Pocket Mask
- 25 hand-desinfection-wipes
- Betadine ointment gauze
- 3 ABD-pads
- 8 gauze-pads 10x10cm
- 8 gauze pads 7.5x5cm
- 8 gauze pads 5x5cm
- 2 tampons (nose-bleeds)
- 3 Vaseline pads 7.5x5cm
- HemoCut (Hemostat/Scissors)
- 2 Elastic-bandages 4cmx4m
- 1 Elastic bandage 8cmx4m
- Betadine-solution 10ml
- 2 quick-dressings no2 ( 8x10cm)
- 2 quick-dressings no1 (6x8cm)
- 2 triangulair-bandages
- 2 instant cold-packs
- 2 ACE-bandages
- packet of H&H PriMed-gauze
- 10 Compeed blister-patches
- 1 thermometer
- 2 tongue-depressors
- WaterJel 60ml bottle
- disposable safety-razor
- Betadine-Ointment 30gr.
- Click-Away itch relief
- suction-cups in different sizes
- 20 Betadine adhesive bandages
- 10 Kliniplast Border bandages
- scalpel-handle and #22 blade
- tube of super-glue
- emergency dental-filling
- dental-mirror & application tool
- 5 blister-needles
- 3 cotton-pellets
- 3 tooth-picks
- dental needle
- 18g. Angiocath
- 1 Raptor constriction-band
- Ethicon 3-0 suture & needle
- 10 Steri-strips
- 7 butterfly-closures
- 2 throat-sweets
- 5 syringes 5ml.
- 5 SC-needles
- 5 IM-needles
- 14g. needle
- Saline-ampule 30ml
- Dextro-energy tablets
- 50 Norit-tabs ( activated charcoal)
- 4 ORS (Oral Rehydration Salts)
- 10 Acethaminophen 500mg
- 8 Aspirin 500mg
- 4 Ibuprofen 600mg
- 6 Antacid
- 20 Immodium (Loperamide HCL 2mg)
- 7 Cetirizine 10mg (anti-histamine)
- 10 Cinnarizine 25mg (motion-sickness)
- 10 water-purification tablets
My trauma bags:
My trauma-backpack. The pack is made by Spencer, but I believe it isn't made anymore:
The front-pouch contents: NaCl-bottle, splints, Purrell, emmersons-basin, chemical-gloves, garbage-bags Not pictured, but included is a roll of duct-tape, more gloves, space-blankets and 2 complete 500ml IV-kits.
Some small stuff like a CPR-mask, alcohol prep-pads, adhesive bandages, etc. There are 2 EMT-sheers in the bag.
- Yellow pouch: a lot of quick-dressings (no1,2,3,4) and burn-gauze
- Red pouch: ABD-pads, Pri-Med gauze, gauze,more gauze...
- Blue pouch: ACE-bandages, triangulair bandages, instant-cold-packs
Tape (on a key-cord), gauze pads, suture-strips, etc, etc
More and larger gauze-pads, vaseline-dressings, burnshield, water-jel, more tape, cling-film.
These are some pics of my largest kit, again Spencer. The lettering on it is from his previous job with a helicopter medical team:
I won't list all the items, but these items are included:
- Intubation / tracheotomy gear
- O2-cylinder with masks
- Res-q-Vac (suction-device)
- IV-bags, kits,needles,etc.
- Roll of duct-tape
- small FAK-pouch
- Trauma pouch with kerlix, ABD's, chest-seals, etc.
- 'surgical-pouch' with stuff like chest-drains, NG-kits, sutures, surgical-tools, catheters, etc.
- BP-cuff and stethoscope
- garbage-bags, emt-sheers, flashlights, hand desinfectant,etc.
- gloves and tape (a lot more than pictured)
I'll post some pics of my disaster-resupply kit later..but I doubt it would still be nessicairy....I think we can shut down the thread right now...
Doc Simon, I believe I kicked your ass for now...
And take a look at my post-count...start respecting please...