How to stock up on prescription medication.

Discussions of the best (or worst) equipment to have on hand for use in the event of an injury during an emergency.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

How to stock up on prescription medication.

Post by moab » Wed May 08, 2019 9:36 pm

If you want to stock up on your prescription medication. Start going to a Kroger pharmacy.

I started using Ralphs pharmacy. Which is a Kroger grocery store pharmacy. They go by other names too. Kroger is the major grocery chain on the west coast. And I think nationally. I'm not sure. But here is a list of all the Kroger stores with pharmacies:

Dillons
Baker's
Gerbes
Fred Meyer
Harris Teeter
Fry's
King Soopers
City Market
Kroger
JayC
Owen's
Pay Less
QFC
Ralphs
Roundy's
Copps
Mariano's
Metro Market
Pick 'n Save
Smith's

They have this program where they automatically refill your prescriptions as soon as insurance will pay for them. (They also sync your prescriptions so they are all ready on the same day. So no more going to the pharmacy multiple times a months.) Which also means after several months of going there. I have a substantial backup to my prescription meds.

I have something like one to two months of all my prescription medication stocked up. In a relatively short time. I don't recall exactly. But I don't think it's been over a year. All because of the way they handle your prescriptions. Normally pharmacies might refill on the 30th day. And sometimes you have to call to get them refilled. But Kroger actively fills as many prescriptions - as soon as possible and as soon as insurance will pay - every month. And then texts you when they are ready. Always filling them all on the same day.

I've used a few other pharmacies. But none have this program where they fill all your prescriptions on the same day and as early as possible. It's a great way to stock up on prescription meds easily.

You have to pay attention to your bottles and try to use the next bottle by date. And I'm sure it's motivated to sell as many prescriptions as they can. But after a couple years I will probably have a good back up to all my prescription meds. None of the other pharmacies I've been with do this. Like Rite Aid, Walgreens or many others. But if you know of one list it in this thread. It's imperative you have your medication when the lights go out. And this is a great way to stock up.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Return to “First Aid”