HAM RADIO on my motorcycle

Topics on Radio (CB, GMRS, Ham, etc), GPS, Smoke Signals, or whatever else you can use to talk to other people who are not within yelling distance.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

jeepinbandtrider

HAM RADIO on my motorcycle

Post by jeepinbandtrider » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:33 am

[youtube]yeb1PjllFAQ[/youtube]

Hmmm for some reason the youtube tags aren't cooperating. Anywhoo link below to a short video I shot in the garage on my Motorcycle Mobile radio setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeb1PjllFAQ

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Re: HAM RADIO on my motorcycle

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:58 pm

jeepinbandtrider wrote:[youtube]yeb1PjllFAQ[/youtube]

Hmmm for some reason the youtube tags aren't cooperating. Anywhoo link below to a short video I shot in the garage on my Motorcycle Mobile radio setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeb1PjllFAQ

Fixed it for you.

That's a nice set up there. Looks like the actual Baofeng UV-5R might be one of the cheaper components on your mobile rig. That Sena wireless gear isn't cheap.

Nice paint job on your VStrom, btw.

jeepinbandtrider

Re: HAM RADIO on my motorcycle

Post by jeepinbandtrider » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Thanks :) 150 for the headset and I paid 90 for the SR-10 bluetooth hub used. They are about 170 new. So the bluetooth setup new is about 10 times the cost of the Baofeng haha. That gear is built for motorcycle use so is a bit more hardened against vibrations than the average HAM radio and I'm not willing to risk 150 dollar FT-60R when I can risk a 27 dollar UV-5R that out of our group here has worked just as good as the other guy's "name brand" gear.

Return to “Communications”