Field Day 2015

Topics on Radio (CB, GMRS, Ham, etc), GPS, Smoke Signals, or whatever else you can use to talk to other people who are not within yelling distance.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Hollis
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil, Fido, 28 days later, Night of the Living Dead,

Field Day 2015

Post by Hollis » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:56 pm

Field Day 2015, June 27 -28. Check the ARRL web site for the field day near you. Good time to meet other HAMs and check out equipment.

I will be in Dallas Oregon W7ORE (club call sign)
Zombies don't ski.

Chicago Zombie
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The only bad zombie movie is an unwatched zombie movie...(& American Zombie, Dead Country, Zombiez, Dead Clowns....)

Re: Field Day 2015

Post by Chicago Zombie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:57 pm

I'll be out at Field Day as well!
Have a great time everybody :D

And if you are not a ham yet, you are still welcome to visit your local ham fest. There is usually an area that helps non-hams get on the air & make their first contact!
ZSC:020 Chapter Officer. IL, WI, or IN resident? Please stop by the ZSC:020 Chicagoland Forum!
CERT & RACES member.
ZS Hall of Fame!
ZS Wiki
Free Prepper Ebooks
May is Ehlers Danlos Syndrome awareness month!
"You can't always decide what happens to you, but you can decide how you react."

KYZHunters

Post by KYZHunters » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:28 pm

I'll be on for Field Day. 80-2 meters if you want to try a sked.
crypto wrote:It's not that you were being "harsh" so much as a "douchebag".

gary in ohio

Post by gary in ohio » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:07 am

Had a knee replaced a couple of weeks ago so will not get to spend much time at the FD site but will be active from central ohio using the call W8NL

Gary

velojym
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido

Post by velojym » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:52 pm

I'm gonna try to make it to the local club's Field Day festivities. They'll have a table set up for us noobs, so I'm hoping I can make it.
Wouldn't it be great if all wars could be fought just by the assholes who started them?
-The Postman

KYZHunters

Post by KYZHunters » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:01 am

Anyone set up for Field Day? I'm ready to go on 80-6 if you want to call.
K2SAX

KYZHunters

Post by KYZHunters » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:15 am

Field Day was a lot of fun this year. The most rewarding part was hearing the bands I worked, 40/20/15, packed wall-to-wall with stations. If anyone is concerned with the state of the institution, I think the amount of activity this year should allay their fears.

I entered as a single operator home-station on emergency power (wind turbine charged forklift batteries) running 100-watts into a trapped dipole at about 30-feet oriented NNE/SSW and the results depicted in the chart below reflect that orientation.

In about 6-hours of operation from central Kentucky I made 104 contacts in 37 states. It could have been a lot more contacts but I spent most of my time hunting for the states/sections I was missing vice running up the number of contacts. I didn't even hear a Alaska, Utah, Washington, North Dakota, South Dakota or Idaho station, but had no problem with everything East of the Mississippi for the entire time I operated with the exception of Delaware, also unheard. I was hoping there would be information posted about the ZCon special event station, maybe next year.

Hope you all had as much fun as I did and encourage everyone to give it a shot next year.

Return to “Communications”