Buying Land?

Discuss lifestyle changes to better survive disasters. This category is for topics pertaining to being self reliant such as DIY, farming, alternative energy, autonomous solutions to water collection and waste removal, etc.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ZapThyCat

Buying Land?

Post by ZapThyCat » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:24 am

I'm assuming a few of you are homesteaders, or have some sort of a BOL or Homestead.

My question for you is: How did you get your land?

Did you inherit it?
Are you renting it?
Are you a member of a commune?
Independantly wealthy?
Find it on Craigslist?
Talk to realtors?

Finding a few rural acres seems to be harder and harder at a decent price. I'm not talking 100 acres either, 10 acres would suffice just fine for a homestead from which you can be self-sufficient on.
~Jarrod~

Regulator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days, Dawn of the dead II, Shaun of the Dead,

Re: Buying Land?

Post by Regulator » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:19 am

http://www.ozarkland.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Hard to beat the deals if you like the area.

Anianna

Post by Anianna » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:30 am

We bought. Mortgage rates dropped and property values fell enough that we would be paying less per month for a mortgage than we were for rent, so we went for it. We wanted more property more than a big house, so we compromised on the house and got a bigger yard. We ended up with 13 acres and a doublewide. Having more space in the house for our family of six would really be nice, but I wouldn't trade it for the wide open spaces that are all ours and we can have chickens and critters without bothering anybody and nobody bothers us. We can be redneck trash back here on our little chunk of property back off the road and nobody gets to say a thing about it. I strongly dislike landlords and homeowners' associations and the like. I want to do what I please on my property and be left alone.

Finding a good bit of property is not easy, especially when realtors don't really believe anybody wants to live off the beaten path and especially if you don't have a lot of cash. We spent months driving down side roads into rural areas that called to us. We had a realtor looking for rural properties with land and we got lost several times looking for listings where his GPS unit had little data. Don't expect to pay cheap for a big, neatly kept spread. The property we found had been on the market for years and was in litigation. The owner had died and the remaining family members didn't keep it up, so it was overgrown and a mess. Several items were in disrepair and we had to take that into account when we were deciding whether to buy the place. If you don't have a lot of money up front, it becomes an issue of what you can live with and what are you willing to sacrifice to get the land and peace you desire. We gave up a bigger house, a shorter commute, and high speed internet. I traded nice, pretty windows for crappy trailer windows. What we got was no more crappy landlord, no more restrictions on modifying our property, lots of room for our kids to run and play, no neighbors close enough to bother us or be bothered by us, and we get to raise our own food. We also have a lot of forage plants here that I learn more about every day. Little by little, we've been turning this place into a little farm. This year, we added chickens. Next year, I plan to dig my root cellar and get some bees. Keep on keepin' on.

Keep in mind that first time buyers get little extras that make it easier to buy than it would for somebody who isn't a first-time buyer. Also, "first-time buyer" is a bit of a misnomer, because you are still considered a "first-time buyer" even if you have purchased before so long as you meet certain criteria. We had purchased a home years ago but had to move and had been renting ever since, so we got that nice "first-time buyer" qualification all over again.
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

“People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We threw away things people kill each other for now.” ~Book of Eli

∩(=^_^=)

ZapThyCat

Post by ZapThyCat » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:43 am

Regulator wrote:http://www.ozarkland.com Hard to beat the deals if you like the area.
Love the area. Deals are fairly easy to beat though, $50k for 10 acres is pretty rich for completely undeveloped land in the middle of nowhere...
~Jarrod~

ZapThyCat

Post by ZapThyCat » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:47 am

Anianna wrote:Keep in mind that first time buyers get little extras that make it easier to buy than it would for somebody who isn't a first-time buyer. Also, "first-time buyer" is a bit of a misnomer, because you are still considered a "first-time buyer" even if you have purchased before so long as you meet certain criteria. We had purchased a home years ago but had to move and had been renting ever since, so we got that nice "first-time buyer" qualification all over again.
Do you get to call yourself a "first time buyer" if you are just buying land? Or did you get the doublewide on it? And if so, how much did that run you (if you don't mind me asking)?
~Jarrod~

Regulator

Post by Regulator » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:04 pm

ZapThyCat wrote:
Regulator wrote:http://www.ozarkland.com Hard to beat the deals if you like the area.
Love the area. Deals are fairly easy to beat though, $50k for 10 acres is pretty rich for completely undeveloped land in the middle of nowhere...
It’s not for everyone for sure. And of course some deals are better than others. I had no problems paying close to 5k an acre for a parcel close to Lake of the Ozarks recently considering a ¼ acre lot on the lake can be 50k.

The main advantages I see with these guys is they offer small parcels of land, extend credit to anyone at least once and do not require a down payment. It seems for many people these are the significant hurdles in purchasing land.

Anianna

Post by Anianna » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:06 pm

ZapThyCat wrote:
Anianna wrote:Keep in mind that first time buyers get little extras that make it easier to buy than it would for somebody who isn't a first-time buyer. Also, "first-time buyer" is a bit of a misnomer, because you are still considered a "first-time buyer" even if you have purchased before so long as you meet certain criteria. We had purchased a home years ago but had to move and had been renting ever since, so we got that nice "first-time buyer" qualification all over again.
Do you get to call yourself a "first time buyer" if you are just buying land? Or did you get the doublewide on it? And if so, how much did that run you (if you don't mind me asking)?
For just land, I don't know. We bought ours with the doublewide on it and my husband dealt with the details while I kept our four kids from being a nuisance. I can ask him some more specific questions about it, though. We paid $160,000 for the property, which is 13 acres and included the doublewide and two outbuildings (a small barn and an open-front shed). I'm sure it would have been more had the property been taken care of while it was on the market. As it was, we had a lot of cleaning up to do. There's still a cargo trailer in the woods that can't be moved because trees grew up around it. We have to leave it or take it apart to get it moved. I may put a new floor in it and just let the kids have a playhouse.
That sounded great until I read their deed restrictions.

http://www.ozarkland.com/ClearwaterMoun ... culars.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(B) All homes constructed on the Property shall be complete on their exterior within 180 days from the date construction above the foundation is begun unless the building site is within sight of the access road, in which case, such homes must be complete on their exterior within180 days after foundation construction is begun. All construction shall be of either whole-log construction*, or native stone construction or any combination of native stone and whole-log construction of not less than 1000 square feet in living area permanently attached to an adequate concrete foundation. An adequate concrete foundation shall be one consisting of poured concrete or mortared concrete block placed in any combination of beams, piers, pilings and/or footings which supports the dwelling sufficiently that no settling greater than one inch in forty lineal feet shall occur. Mobile homes and metal buildings are not permitted on the roads or property of Clearwater Mountain under any circumstance.

* whole-log construction means just that, no half-sided slabs on stud frame walls. This means kits are permissible, but so is building your own with local logs and/or native stone. There is not enough timber on either of these parcels to build a home, so that is not an option.

(C) Camping for more than 14 days in a twelve-month period is not permitted. Camping equipment or trailers may not be left on the property between uses unless kept within a closed building or otherwise covered.

(H) Any animals kept on this property shall be maintained in such a manner that they do not present a nuisance to owners of neighboring parcels. Kennels and feedlots are not permitted.
Screw that. If I'm going to buy property, I want to be able to camp on it, park my clunker on it, keep my rooster on it, and I don't want anybody telling me I can't. If the law allows it, I should be able to do it on my own daggum property. These people want to sell you a plot of land but still have control over it. They're trying to build a glorified rural subdivision. They can have it. I want no part of it.

“People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We threw away things people kill each other for now.” ~Book of Eli

∩(=^_^=)

ZapThyCat

Post by ZapThyCat » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:14 pm

Anianna wrote:Screw that. If I'm going to buy property, I want to be able to camp on it, park my clunker on it, keep my rooster on it, and I don't want anybody telling me I can't. If the law allows it, I should be able to do it on my own daggum property. These people want to sell you a plot of land but still have control over it. They're trying to build a glorified rural subdivision. They can have it. I want no part of it.
That's probably just for that one area, not ALL of the land sites on that site. Although I don't appreciate any of my neighbors opening a landfill or parking junk cars on their property, especially if it's not shielded from view with trees. I also don't want a hog farm or dairy right next to me. As long as they keep their stench and their eyesores on their side of the property line, I'm fine. I don't require anyone else to build a mansion, I just want it to look either undeveloped or rural/tasteful. I don't mind a trailer, I just don't want junk piled high, ya know?
~Jarrod~

Regulator

Post by Regulator » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Anianna wrote:
ZapThyCat wrote:
For just land, I don't know. We bought ours with the doublewide on it and my husband dealt with the details while I kept our four kids from being a nuisance. I can ask him some more specific questions about it, though. We paid $160,000 for the property, which is 13 acres and included the doublewide and two outbuildings (a small barn and an open-front shed). I'm sure it would have been more had the property been taken care of while it was on the market. As it was, we had a lot of cleaning up to do. There's still a cargo trailer in the woods that can't be moved because trees grew up around it. We have to leave it or take it apart to get it moved. I may put a new floor in it and just let the kids have a playhouse.
That sounded great until I read their deed restrictions.

http://www.ozarkland.com/ClearwaterMoun ... culars.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(B) All homes constructed on the Property shall be complete on their exterior within 180 days from the date construction above the foundation is begun unless the building site is within sight of the access road, in which case, such homes must be complete on their exterior within180 days after foundation construction is begun. All construction shall be of either whole-log construction*, or native stone construction or any combination of native stone and whole-log construction of not less than 1000 square feet in living area permanently attached to an adequate concrete foundation. An adequate concrete foundation shall be one consisting of poured concrete or mortared concrete block placed in any combination of beams, piers, pilings and/or footings which supports the dwelling sufficiently that no settling greater than one inch in forty lineal feet shall occur. Mobile homes and metal buildings are not permitted on the roads or property of Clearwater Mountain under any circumstance.

* whole-log construction means just that, no half-sided slabs on stud frame walls. This means kits are permissible, but so is building your own with local logs and/or native stone. There is not enough timber on either of these parcels to build a home, so that is not an option.

(C) Camping for more than 14 days in a twelve-month period is not permitted. Camping equipment or trailers may not be left on the property between uses unless kept within a closed building or otherwise covered.

(H) Any animals kept on this property shall be maintained in such a manner that they do not present a nuisance to owners of neighboring parcels. Kennels and feedlots are not permitted.
Screw that. If I'm going to buy property, I want to be able to camp on it, park my clunker on it, keep my rooster on it, and I don't want anybody telling me I can't. If the law allows it, I should be able to do it on my own daggum property. These people want to sell you a plot of land but still have control over it. They're trying to build a glorified rural subdivision. They can have it. I want no part of it.

I will politely suggest you read a little more on the website. They only have 5 rules for most of their properties. Common sense things like don’t fill your yard with trash, if you gonna have a hog lot, don’t put it by your neighbors fence, you can’t cut down all the trees and sell them before your land is paid for etc.

There are only a couple of areas that require log style structures to be built or additional limitations. I didn’t buy there either :wink:

Anianna

Post by Anianna » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:50 pm

ZapThyCat wrote:
Anianna wrote:Screw that. If I'm going to buy property, I want to be able to camp on it, park my clunker on it, keep my rooster on it, and I don't want anybody telling me I can't. If the law allows it, I should be able to do it on my own daggum property. These people want to sell you a plot of land but still have control over it. They're trying to build a glorified rural subdivision. They can have it. I want no part of it.
That's probably just for that one area, not ALL of the land sites on that site. Although I don't appreciate any of my neighbors opening a landfill or parking junk cars on their property, especially if it's not shielded from view with trees. I also don't want a hog farm or dairy right next to me. As long as they keep their stench and their eyesores on their side of the property line, I'm fine. I don't require anyone else to build a mansion, I just want it to look either undeveloped or rural/tasteful. I don't mind a trailer, I just don't want junk piled high, ya know?
And you are perfectly welcome to live some place with a homeowner's association that will tell you and your neighbors what you can and can't do on your property and what kind of house you can build and what kind of critters you can have. I wouldn't be surprised if the kind of neighbors buying these lots put up a fuss if you put up a laundry line. For the record, a hog or dairy farm would be restricted by zoning regulations unless you choose to live in an area zoned for it and then it's just silly to expect you have any right to be free of such facilities in your community should one choose to move in.

Some people like restrictions imposed by homeowner's associations and the sense of order that brings to a community. I'm not willing to give up the liberty of my property ownership just so some group can tell my neighbors to keep their property the way I want them to keep it.

One problem I have with the Ozarkland thing, though, is its not even a homeowner's association where owners can come together and have some input. It's a deed restriction. You buy the property, but the people you buy it from still control what you can do with it. Not only that, but they make it easy for them to take the property back if they don't like what you do with it. To buy from them, you have to sign over a Quit Claim Deed, which is basically signing your interest in the property back over to them for them to keep in escrow in their own possession. In other words, you give them the right to take your property back whenever they please and there is no third party protection for you. I would be extremely wary of purchasing property from these people.

∩(=^_^=)

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Anianna wrote:We bought. Mortgage rates dropped and property values fell enough that we would be paying less per month for a mortgage than we were for rent, so we went for it. We wanted more property more than a big house, so we compromised on the house and got a bigger yard. We ended up with 13 acres and a doublewide. Having more space in the house for our family of six would really be nice, but I wouldn't trade it for the wide open spaces that are all ours and we can have chickens and critters without bothering anybody and nobody bothers us. We can be redneck trash back here on our little chunk of property back off the road and nobody gets to say a thing about it. I strongly dislike landlords and homeowners' associations and the like. I want to do what I please on my property and be left alone.Watching mortgage rates is a good strategy, if you have the luxury of time on your side. You can get some real good deals by waiting for the right conditions. The sacrifice of house room for property is a common decision- be sure of what your goals are, and stick to that plan- don't jump at something "almost" because it seems like a good deal that won't last long. If you don't have two dozen kids or something like that for housing needs, a trailer can be a good idea, too. Watch the classifieds, online and off, for some good deals on them- but be aware you may need to be the one hauling it, and your Yugo ain't gonna cut it. :wink:

Finding a good bit of property is not easy, especially when realtors don't really believe anybody wants to live off the beaten path and especially if you don't have a lot of cash. We spent months driving down side roads into rural areas that called to us. We had a realtor looking for rural properties with land and we got lost several times looking for listings where his GPS unit had little data. Don't expect to pay cheap for a big, neatly kept spread. The property we found had been on the market for years and was in litigation. The owner had died and the remaining family members didn't keep it up, so it was overgrown and a mess. Several items were in disrepair and we had to take that into account when we were deciding whether to buy the place. If you don't have a lot of money up front, it becomes an issue of what you can live with and what are you willing to sacrifice to get the land and peace you desire. We gave up a bigger house, a shorter commute, and high speed internet. I traded nice, pretty windows for crappy trailer windows. What we got was no more crappy landlord, no more restrictions on modifying our property, lots of room for our kids to run and play, no neighbors close enough to bother us or be bothered by us, and we get to raise our own food. We also have a lot of forage plants here that I learn more about every day. Little by little, we've been turning this place into a little farm. This year, we added chickens. Next year, I plan to dig my root cellar and get some bees. Keep on keepin' on.This entire paragraph pretty much sums it up, and is almost exactly what I'm looking at on a property I have my eye on. I'm planning on goats, who do well on browse, so I plan to let them do most of the clearing for me. Working your way up to your goals in increments like Anianna here is doing, is your best bet. It saves you from getting into anything too far, too fast, and minimizes the risk of losing it all as a result.

Keep in mind that first time buyers get little extras that make it easier to buy than it would for somebody who isn't a first-time buyer. Also, "first-time buyer" is a bit of a misnomer, because you are still considered a "first-time buyer" even if you have purchased before so long as you meet certain criteria. We had purchased a home years ago but had to move and had been renting ever since, so we got that nice "first-time buyer" qualification all over again.
Anianna is giving some very good information and advice here, I'd listen to her.
Another thing you could consider is moving to a state like NY (where I am, so I'm familiar with it- not so much elsewhere), and looking for property inside of something like the Catskill Forestry Preserve. What the preserve means, is that there is no commercial logging, but you COULD clear a space for a home, and if you remained within some pretty comfortable guidelines, gather/harvest firewood as well. Your options could be pretty good, it would just depend on how far away from things you wanted to be- several years ago, I was trying to get ahold of a piece of property for dirt cheap (no pun intended), and it was ideal. 50 acres of wooded land, no noticeable neighbors, bordered state land, and yet was only a 20 minute ride by car from the malls and other "civilized" things. That deal fell through from want of a right of way into it. :gonk: btw, that's something you want to remain aware of- any right of ways involved with the land you're looking at. The farm I'm currently looking at has an underground telephone cable running through it- as far as I can find out, it's no longer in use, but I have to assume, until I know for sure otherwise, that the right of way still exists.
silentpoet wrote: My first two warning shots are aimed center of mass. If that don't warn them I fire warning shots at their head until they are warned enough that I am no longer in fear for my life.

Anianna

Post by Anianna » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:25 pm

Good point on the right of way issue. Our last property had an issue where the previous owner had allowed the neighbor to drive through the property for several years. This neighbor had miles of road frontage and several points of access through his own property to where he absolutely had no need to cross our property. It was simply a convenience. There was no recorded right of way, but a judge ruled it a right of way after we purchased the property. It was a bad situation for us.

Also, some states allow sale of land that has no right of way to it. In other words, it is landlocked and if you don't work out a right of way with a neighboring property owner, you have no legal way to access your property without trespassing.

∩(=^_^=)

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Anianna wrote:Good point on the right of way issue. Our last property had an issue where the previous owner had allowed the neighbor to drive through the property for several years. This neighbor had miles of road frontage and several points of access through his own property to where he absolutely had no need to cross our property. It was simply a convenience. There was no recorded right of way, but a judge ruled it a right of way after we purchased the property. It was a bad situation for us.

Also, some states allow sale of land that has no right of way to it. In other words, it is landlocked and if you don't work out a right of way with a neighboring property owner, you have no legal way to access your property without trespassing.
This was the issue with the 50 acre lot I was lusting after. The right of way was being denied to the previous owner, because the neighbor, who owned three sides, state land being the fourth, couldn't stand the guy! I figured, I might have a shot at arranging something with him, simply by not being the guy he hated. Unfortunately, even after promising me first refusal on the place, the guy who owned it sold it off to someone else, without a word to me. I could have had 50 acres of wooded land, minutes from town, bordering state land for $15,000.00! :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:
silentpoet wrote: My first two warning shots are aimed center of mass. If that don't warn them I fire warning shots at their head until they are warned enough that I am no longer in fear for my life.

bae

Post by bae » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:43 pm

I bought my land and home free-and-clear, with cash.

I did this by working hard, living below my means for years, and not spending money on too many foolish things.

Anianna

Post by Anianna » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:25 pm

That's the best way to do it.

∩(=^_^=)

colinz

Post by colinz » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:44 am

bae wrote: I bought my land and home free-and-clear, with cash.

I did this by working hard, living below my means for years, and not spending money on too many foolish things.
While I would love to be able to do this, it may not be an option for me. The unfortunate side-effect of living in a relatively low population country is the lack of suitable work within a reasonable distance of the properties which fall into this category. :( I may have to settle for having a massive deposit instead.

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:34 am

colinz wrote:
bae wrote: I bought my land and home free-and-clear, with cash.

While I would love to be able to do this, it may not be an option for me. The unfortunate side-effect of living in a relatively low population country is the lack of suitable work within a reasonable distance of the properties which fall into this category. :( I may have to settle for having a massive deposit instead.
Actually, a combination of both these approaches is a real good idea. Obviously, living below your income level allows you to save up money. Stash away as much as you can, whenever you can, while continuing to shop around, do research, etc. When you do finally settle on a place, that stash of money is your deposit, making any mortgage payments required much smaller, because you had to borrow less.

Also, another way to make a property more affordable to you, is to go for a longer mortgage term- the payments on a 30 year mortgage are a lot less than a 20 year for the same loan amount, and the banks love them, because they make more on the interest end.

Vel454

Post by Vel454 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:01 am

A lot of cheap, wooded land in northeast WA too. I've seen ~$10k / 10 acres before. Not too shabby. Just throwing it out there for the PNW peeps.
Aut vincere aut mori...
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...
Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.

Nailz
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead

Post by Nailz » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:48 pm

http://www.unitedcountry.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has great listings all over for solid prices. I'm looking now to purchase but am hesitant to pull the trigger as I'll be moving out of state for Med School in a couple of years...
Murph wrote: Yup, you seaman always get the shaft.

NoahDL88
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness

Post by NoahDL88 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:15 pm

Vel454 wrote:A lot of cheap, wooded land in northeast WA too. I've seen ~$10k / 10 acres before. Not too shabby. Just throwing it out there for the PNW peeps.

As awesome as that is, and I'd love to go in with a few friends and get a couple 3 hundred acres, I Live on the west side, and at what distance does a property become that plot of land you never go to? Now If I could find a job in Spokane it would totally be worth it. :D

Must find Job in Bremerton first. :roll:

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:26 pm

NoahDL88 wrote:
Vel454 wrote:A lot of cheap, wooded land in northeast WA too. I've seen ~$10k / 10 acres before. Not too shabby. Just throwing it out there for the PNW peeps.

As awesome as that is, and I'd love to go in with a few friends and get a couple 3 hundred acres, I Live on the west side, and at what distance does a property become that plot of land you never go to? Now If I could find a job in Spokane it would totally be worth it. :D

This is a good thing to consider, too. If you are paying mortgage payments on a piece of land, be sure you're going to be using it. Even if it just means going once a month or so to mow grass. For one thing, you'll be learning about if you'll want to continue paying for it, and for another, you'll want to be providing a record of regular visits. Visiting regularly, even if it's just for a day, will keep you clued in to what, if anything, is going on with the property. We had a member here who neglected to do this, and then found that locals were using it as the local party spot. Had he been visiting regularly, he could have addressed this early on. Waiting just creates bigger problems.

Vel454

Post by Vel454 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:28 pm

KnightoftheRoc wrote:
NoahDL88 wrote:

This is a good thing to consider, too. If you are paying mortgage payments on a piece of land, be sure you're going to be using it. Even if it just means going once a month or so to mow grass. For one thing, you'll be learning about if you'll want to continue paying for it, and for another, you'll want to be providing a record of regular visits. Visiting regularly, even if it's just for a day, will keep you clued in to what, if anything, is going on with the property. We had a member here who neglected to do this, and then found that locals were using it as the local party spot. Had he been visiting regularly, he could have addressed this early on. Waiting just creates bigger problems.
Definitely agree on keeping an eye on it. Mine would serve as a go-to spot for camping w/ the family. Though I couldn't imagen making payments on anything. If I can't buy it outright, I don't but it.
Aut vincere aut mori...
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...
Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.

thorian

Post by thorian » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:23 am

The first farm we bought was 20 acres 5 of that fenced with a stupid large pole barn 4 car garage/shop and 2 other small animal sheds. ( 1 one car garage sizeset up for horses. one 3 car garage size set up for sheep paid 90k and found it on the classified board of the local grocery store. Forsale by owner.

The last place 10 acres with a moble and a commercial mower with 1 outbuilding for $72500 was a word of mouth deal. and we sold it on another word of mouth deal for a little more then we payed for it.
VOL FF 1 & 2, EMT-B, Hazmat Ops, Vehicle Extrication Technician, High angle rescue technician, and that is just the hobby...

ZapThyCat

Post by ZapThyCat » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:43 pm

I want to know where you found wooded land in PWN for $1000 an acre. Unless it's "Christmas Valley Oregon", aka in the rain shadow of the Cascades (and thus desert) then I haven't seen land at ANY kind of a cheap price there. And I've been looking, believe me...
~Jarrod~

Return to “Self-Sufficient Living”