My Clothesline (pics)

Discuss lifestyle changes to better survive disasters. This category is for topics pertaining to being self reliant such as DIY, farming, alternative energy, autonomous solutions to water collection and waste removal, etc.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Anianna

Re: My Clothesline (pics)

Post by Anianna » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:53 am

This clothesline has been super strong since I put it up. My children treat it like a jungle gym and hang on it when they think I am not looking and it has stayed firm. We did find something that could do it damage, though - hubby hit one of my posts with a tractor, snapping it below the dirt line. At the time, I thought it was the line sagging and not the post since hubby hadn't told me he had damaged anything and it took a while for the broken post to shift in the dirt, so it wasn't obvious that it was the post that was leaning until I had already purchased new line. I really like my green coated wire line, but had seen white coated wire line and thought they must be the same thing, just a different color, and maybe a change of color would be nice.

They are not the same thing:

The white one kept kinking up on me and was a real pain to work with. I felt like I couldn't get it straight or taut without a lot of work. It seems to sag low with laundry on it and I attribute that to having difficulty getting it taut in the first place. My personal preference is for green coated wire.

Also, I spotted this while up on the stepladder stringing line:

There's a fungus amongus!
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

“People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We threw away things people kill each other for now.” ~Book of Eli

∩(=^_^=)

Return to “Self-Sufficient Living”