Minneapolis Mn area

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

doubleohseven

Re: Minneapolis Mn area

Post by doubleohseven » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:03 pm

I'm working this year, a few guys from the shop are setting up a table and giving away a rifle though. I was just checking

breacher
Favorite Zombie Movies: Deadgirl, resident evil series, 28 days later, night of the living dead

Post by breacher » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:34 am

I'm ok with meeting up I just need to know where and when and an assurance that I'm not wasting my time.

SteveD

Post by SteveD » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:58 pm

Somewhere along the Mississippi? Just say'in. There's a few of us who are hundreds of miles apart trying to get this done.
if all else fails, accelerate!
KC9UMT

Brain245
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, Night of the Living Dead

Post by Brain245 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Checking in from beautiful Duluth, MN. I would be very interested in supporting a MN chapter. I will keep watching this thread and see how it develops. Meanwhile I work on me and mine.

Hope to meet you all soon. :)

coldblooded135

Post by coldblooded135 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:51 pm

I see that chapter coming along nicely, I didn't know so many people were interested in starting one in MN. I got some of the stuff for the chapter in MN but I am more interested in meeting all of you in person first. Do you plan on meeting anytime soon?

kbilly84

Post by kbilly84 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:22 am

........ wrote:Becker.... A gun and survival store just opened there
Where? I'm kinda from Becker (Dual hometown citizenship with St. Cloud), and I've not heard of this.

I would be down for a meet n greet type situation...

MGEH

Post by MGEH » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:11 am

Hey guys. I know this is a late entry (really late) and this is probably my first post but I've been hoping for a MN chapter.

I just started school here in St Cloud and have limited funds but really wish to meet and gain knowledge and experience with other in my interest.

Also need to know who to team up with in the apocalypse.

jackpine
Favorite Zombie Movies: dawn of the dead

Post by jackpine » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:07 pm

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 8&t=83201
OK talks over time to step up folks.
If it's not loaded it's just a rock in your pocket.

Post by ........ » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:38 am

kbilly84 wrote:Where? I'm kinda from Becker (Dual hometown citizenship with St. Cloud), and I've not heard of this.
http://www.elementarms.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by ........ » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:50 am

We have 80 replies on this thread and at least three strings:
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p1859314" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 6#p1859316" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I do not have time to organize a chapter, run a chapter, or much else. That said I'm willing to step up, set a date, time location and make a first meeting happen. It'll have to be on a Sunday (*maybe* a Saturday night), we should get it done before snow or hunting season really kicks in. How much forwarning do you need? Will 9/18 be too soon? 9/25 safer? or 10/2?

I've had this talk in PMs with others. I realize the first meeting is not going to work for everyone (some work on weekends, for some Saturdays are better, for some Sundays are better) but lets focus on these three dates and go from there. Give me your feedback.

SteveD

Post by SteveD » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:30 am

jackpine had a good idea on the location, don't know when bow season is , but 10-2 is doable
if all else fails, accelerate!
KC9UMT

Post by ........ » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:52 am

State Fair Grounds Weapon Collector's Gun Show October 2nd.

Safe to say steveD, jackpine and I can make it?

Any one else?

Vikings, btw, play at noon. Perfect time to go around the block for food and watch the game.

9 - 12 Look at toys
12 - 3 Football

kbilly84

Post by kbilly84 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:05 pm

I believe I'm working that weekend, but only till 1pm both days. I could stop by the gun show after that.

kbilly84

Post by kbilly84 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:22 pm

........ wrote:
kbilly84 wrote:Where? I'm kinda from Becker (Dual hometown citizenship with St. Cloud), and I've not heard of this.
http://www.elementarms.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wow, that's cool! I'm going thru on my way up grouse hunting this weekend, I think a stop just added itself to my trip plans...

Post by ........ » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:09 pm

As you go through town you'll see a sign on the right with an arrow that points down. Thats where your turn is right by the gas station (shell I think). From the highway you can see the back of the building "Guns and Ammo" and when you come around on the front you'll have a video rental store on the left (South East corner) and the gun store on the right (North West corner). They do a lot of AR work there.

kbilly84

Post by kbilly84 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:17 am

........ wrote:As you go through town you'll see a sign on the right with an arrow that points down. Thats where your turn is right by the gas station (shell I think). From the highway you can see the back of the building "Guns and Ammo" and when you come around on the front you'll have a video rental store on the left (South East corner) and the gun store on the right (North West corner). They do a lot of AR work there.
Saw the location on the website. I'm familiar with Becker, but I think this store has been new since I've been thru last. Either that, or I just wasn't paying attention...
Is that where the All-star embroidery (or whatever it was called) used to be? They make, or they did when I was in H.S., the letter jackets for Becker High School.

At any rate, I'm going to check it out Friday. Should be fun. Do they have a lot of the website stuff in store, or are they more of a Red Jacket type?

Post by ........ » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:33 am

You'd have to call and ask. I'm confident you won't be disappointed though, especially if you're already driving through.

marbhán marfóir
Favorite Zombie Movies: sean of the dead, 28 days later, resident evil series.

Post by marbhán marfóir » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:31 pm

admission cost to gun show? just out of curiousity...

I also may or may not be after hoof rats that weekend. not sure yet. I'll know more around the 25th-26th.
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
- Thomas Paine, from his essay “The Crisis”
I live in MN now, we dont have a chapter yet. so no more cool AZ ZS 18 banner. I can still take the heat though :-)

Post by ........ » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:36 am

Not sure, maybe $5.

Looks like we have 5 tenatively planning on going.

kbilly84

Post by kbilly84 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:08 am

So, I checked out that gun shop in Becker on my way north this weekend. Very nice! It's basically a store version of the website. A lot of parts, whole rifles, Magpul stuff galore, used rifles, surplus-store-type-section etc. I was drooling the whole time I was in there.

Sāj
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Sāj » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:24 pm

I am about 75% sure I will be there. Only for the gunshow though. I don't care too much for football. I am still waiting to hear back whether or not my father was still planning on coming with me or not.

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:18 am

Not to shit up your thread, but is anyone interested in joining us for a NE WI Camp & Shoot?

We're just in planning now, no idea about dates yet...
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

Post by ........ » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:34 pm

I'll let you know after this weekends meet.

Remember, 9:00 Am Sunday folks.

kbilly84

Post by kbilly84 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Where's the gun show at? Fairgrounds? I work till 1pm, but I should be able to stop by after that

Return to “Meeting room”