Minneapolis Mn area

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Tater Raider

Re: Minneapolis Mn area

Post by Tater Raider » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:57 pm

I'm out. an Iowa chapter is forming and it's closer to my location by a over an hour.

doubleohseven

Post by doubleohseven » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Well Fine, Be that way.

I'm back for a bit, will be leaving again soon. How soon, won't know for a little while. Remember I said that.

Who still checks this thread?
Bane is this 3/26 thing still on? I was just at element arms in Becker like 2 days ago.
Last edited by doubleohseven on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ........ » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:08 pm

I haven't heard from any one. I have to work. Still time to save the event if others want to get together but right now its not looking good.

Sochr000

Post by Sochr000 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:29 pm

I have the day off, but unless at least two people let me know by tomorrow that they'll be there, then it's not worth my time/money to drive down. Not to be a dick, but gas still isn't free.

doubleohseven

Post by doubleohseven » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:43 pm

How far is Becker for you? I'm coming from St Cloud, Bane is coming from somewhere not too far ish.

Sochr000

Post by Sochr000 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:14 pm

I'm coming from Bemidji, and unless I'm mistaken, Bane said he wouldn't be there.

doubleohseven

Post by doubleohseven » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:49 pm

Right, I saw that he said it wasn't looking good. I was just curious for my own planning.

If the geography of the active MN people is this spread out any plans made have to be made for the short term and executed violently.

Bane, wth over. coffee? Brainerd this weekend or next Anyone else out there want to come?

Tater Raider

Post by Tater Raider » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:02 am

I won't be there, but I do want to see this succeed. I'm still following this thread.

Post by ........ » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:00 am

I'm free for the next three weeks. Looks like we can pull this off.

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:46 pm

The first week or so of April is a wash for me because I am moving (staying in the city) . On the 30th , I will be taking a Defensive Edge pistol/carbine class .

Other than that , I can probably make something happen with enough notice . I work odd hours (nights) so afternoon/evening works better for me .
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

doubleohseven

Post by doubleohseven » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:51 pm

I've got work on the 9/10th of April, and I'm tentatively going to be in a class in Georgia for about 6 months starting at the end of May.

Up till then I'm pretty open =)

Sochr000 is also down for whatever I'm thinking

Sochr000

Post by Sochr000 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:15 am

I'm typically down for almost anything, although for the next week or three I'm kind of broke... But, after I stop being broke then I can meet up with people!

k9barco

Post by k9barco » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Checking in from Elk River MN. If you guy's deceide to meet, I will try to make it. It would be nice to have like minded resources and support locally. Hope I can be a asset to the group.

Best Regards,
Charlie

dresden scott

Post by dresden scott » Fri May 27, 2011 11:07 am

I've got 6 to 10 friends in the Twin Cities ready to go and start our own chapter. We met in St. Paul last month and plan to meet at Donnie Dirk's Zombie Den next month. We don't know what to do next, though, can someone help us out? No one's replied to our emails about how to make ourselves an official branch. I signed up to get a membership card (might have been a month or so ago) and no word yet.... :)

doubleohseven

Post by doubleohseven » Fri May 27, 2011 12:42 pm

neat.

Organize an event.
make sure you have 3 members.
apply for chapterdum.

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Fri May 27, 2011 4:01 pm

dresden scott wrote:I've got 6 to 10 friends in the Twin Cities ready to go and start our own chapter. We met in St. Paul last month and plan to meet at Donnie Dirk's Zombie Den next month. We don't know what to do next, though, can someone help us out? No one's replied to our emails about how to make ourselves an official branch. I signed up to get a membership card (might have been a month or so ago) and no word yet.... :)
Gotta say I find it a little off putting that you have been here for one day and have one single post and are talking about starting a chapter .

This is a community that you have contributed absolutely nothing to . Likely you have no idea what we are even about .

Who are you ? What are your motivations ?
:?

dresden scott

Post by dresden scott » Tue May 31, 2011 1:38 pm

mk_ultra wrote:
dresden scott wrote:I've got 6 to 10 friends in the Twin Cities ready to go and start our own chapter. We met in St. Paul last month and plan to meet at Donnie Dirk's Zombie Den next month. We don't know what to do next, though, can someone help us out? No one's replied to our emails about how to make ourselves an official branch. I signed up to get a membership card (might have been a month or so ago) and no word yet.... :)
Gotta say I find it a little off putting that you have been here for one day and have one single post and are talking about starting a chapter .

This is a community that you have contributed absolutely nothing to . Likely you have no idea what we are even about .

Who are you ? What are your motivations ?
:?
I've posted an introduction post, hopefully that helps. :oops: I usually avoid forums but after a while (two or three months of researching Zombie Squad) I got the impression that this forum is sort of central to how things are discussed and done.
I'm not just some kid who likes horror movies. :lol: Neither are my friends. Most of them are roller girls. One guy served in Iraq and the other was in the National Guard, I think.
We're all really into disaster preparedness and emergency response - it's sort of what I do for a living, I'm a security guard for an international corporation. I'm trying to move up in the field.
So you might call that my "motivation," if surviving increasingly inevitable scenarios isn't enough :wink:
As a group we could use some pointers, although even after just a few days browsing these forums I've personally learned a lot of interesting stuff!
I've spent the most time of all of us reading materials and watching videos and keeping people talking about ZS stuff (what kinds of things we need to do to qualify etc.)
Sorry if I stepped on any toes! That wasn't my intent.
I'm just not very good with forum protocol.

SteveD

Post by SteveD » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:30 pm

offer up a place and time for a meet?
if all else fails, accelerate!
KC9UMT

jackpine
Favorite Zombie Movies: dawn of the dead

Post by jackpine » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:38 pm

so folks are we dropping this one?? I know I'm a late comer but come on can't we all get along??
If it's not loaded it's just a rock in your pocket.

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:41 am

Seems like there are a few of us interested in getting together . The problem I am seeing is that we seem to be a bit spread out .
Now , i have the means and connections that will make starting a chapter easy . I have considered doing so . Personally , I think that is putting the cart in front of the horse at this point and first of all I think it best to table any talk of chapters at this point and concentrate on simply getting together , getting to know each other and then deciding where to go from there .

So , let's give this another try shall we . :D

My schedule is a bit goofy and currently I am biking only , no car . So , leaving Mpls proper is a pain unless I catch a ride . I am typically available most afternoons and evenings at the beginning of the week . Late week and weekends I can possibly do something in the afternoon but not the evening or morning .

So , I am thinking coffee .

jackpine

Post by jackpine » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:28 pm

I have an inconvenient schedule for you 9 to 5 ers. I work second shift and can meet up for lunch or something Mon thru Wed or I have a little more flexibility on thurs and fri and weekends are tough. If any of you want to grab coffee outside of a official meeting just PM me and we'll work it out

jackpine

Post by jackpine » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:30 pm

I'm starting to thing maybe mid september ish wienie roast? If some one can come up with a camping area we could make it a weekend. If I get a few yes's then I'll start a new thread.

doubleohseven

Post by doubleohseven » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Ha.
I'm still down.

Anyone going to Omega 4?

jackpine

Post by jackpine » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:51 pm

I'd love to do up Omega IV but I have no ammo budget, Take some picks for us!

Return to “Meeting room”