Louisiana Camp and Shoot July 16th - July 17th 2010

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

mrkash

Re: Louisiana Camp and Shoot July 16th - July 17th 2010

Post by mrkash » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:24 pm

SharkChild wrote:It appears that I won't be make this camping trip next year. :(
Oh man. I was going just because you were going! We'll miss you.
Mr Kash

It is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it - Burt Gummer

mrkash

Post by mrkash » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:27 pm

BeerandGuns wrote:Updated OP for mrkash having paid. Sorry man, way behind. Baby being born really threw off my schedule. The kid is already causing me trouble.
NP. You still beat me out to look at the post. ;-)
Mr Kash

It is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it - Burt Gummer

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:30 pm

Shit, I just found pics from previous LA/TX camp n shoots...

... ah well he cashed the check already, so I guess I may as well still go.

;)

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:34 pm

JamesCannon wrote:Shit, I just found pics from previous LA/TX camp n shoots...

;)

Who are you again? :D
You want to kill, get a gun. You want to impress other dweebs, carry a knife. Or nunchucks. - War Nerd

It real simple... we live back in here... dis is our home, and nobody don't fuck with us

mr_gs-r

Post by mr_gs-r » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:21 pm

check finally sent, sorry it took so long man i swear it sat on my desk about a month before i finally got it mailed. :oops:

Counting days. Your gonna have to get the basin shoot logistics worked cause that sounds like a blast. Ill be bringing 2 catfish poles, hows the bass fishing down there?

Rich, you aren't gonna back out last min on this like you did on the SE trip right :lol: !

Andy, you gotta come up with some new stories before this trip cause were getting tired of the same old BS :wink: .

KotaLu
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Evil Dead Trilogy, Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (both), Re-Animator, Shaun of the Dead, Mortuary, Fido, 28 Days Later, I Sell the Dead (kind of a zombie flick, sort of), Undead or Alive, Fast Zombies with Guns, I Am Legend, ... Zombieland and so many more

Post by KotaLu » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:03 am

SharkChild wrote:It appears that I won't be make this camping trip next year. :(
:cry: Very not good news!!! We'll miss you Sharkie
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

RIP HK33k

KotaLu
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Evil Dead Trilogy, Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (both), Re-Animator, Shaun of the Dead, Mortuary, Fido, 28 Days Later, I Sell the Dead (kind of a zombie flick, sort of), Undead or Alive, Fast Zombies with Guns, I Am Legend, ... Zombieland and so many more

Post by KotaLu » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:04 am

BeerandGuns wrote:
JamesCannon wrote:Shit, I just found pics from previous LA/TX camp n shoots...

;)

Who are you again? :D

DOH!!!! 8)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

RIP HK33k

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:32 pm

mr_gs-r wrote:check finally sent, sorry it took so long man i swear it sat on my desk about a month before i finally got it mailed. :oops:

Counting days. Your gonna have to get the basin shoot logistics worked cause that sounds like a blast. Ill be bringing 2 catfish poles, hows the bass fishing down there?

Rich, you aren't gonna back out last min on this like you did on the SE trip right :lol: !

Andy, you gotta come up with some new stories before this trip cause were getting tired of the same old BS :wink: .

Gotcha man. Added you and Kaila to the OP. Glad ya'll are coming in.

Probably have bass in the lake. I know there are plenty of catfish out there. Trust me, ain't nothing more fun than sitting out there watching gators and fishing. It was my main activity last time we were there.

OK, two spots left and then I'll probably call it done. Keep the logistics simpler.
You want to kill, get a gun. You want to impress other dweebs, carry a knife. Or nunchucks. - War Nerd

It real simple... we live back in here... dis is our home, and nobody don't fuck with us

The Highwayman
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series

Post by The Highwayman » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:43 am

mr_gs-r wrote:

Oh man, are you in for a treat. I've got a new story for you. Are you ready?

It involves some punk that lives in N. Ga. keeping me on the phone one night till all hours....... :wink:

OR

This other one, that's a work in progress. It involves same punk ass kid from Ga. You see, he hasn't quite learned to respect his elders; so he goes to this campout in the LA bayou. He gets real cockey in front of his girly and others. Then this grumpy older guy (who's one hell of a cool dude, by the way) has enough of him, and picks the kid up and tosses him in the water with all the gators.

Can't wait to see how that one ends..... 8)
Join ZS:17- FL

RIP Hk33k

Terror Tumor
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombieland.
book--day by day armageddon

Post by Terror Tumor » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:00 pm

i know this isnt the place to do this but. HI im Josh and am in shreveport. just wanted to see about getting to know all of you.
The words of a dead man are modified in the guts of the living.

nolacopusmc

Post by nolacopusmc » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Not sure where to post this, but can someone PM me or direct me how to join a chapter? I am in new Orleans. WOuld like to make this campout also. thanks

The Highwayman
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series

Post by The Highwayman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:08 pm

nolacopusmc wrote:Not sure where to post this, but can someone PM me or direct me how to join a chapter? I am in new Orleans. WOuld like to make this campout also. thanks

There isn't an LA chapter currently, however I believe there are a few folks working on getting one up and running in the near future. Maybe put up a post in the meeting room inquiring about it and see who responds. Also, I think one or two of the guys involved with it is going on this trip, so see if you get any responces here.

As for the campout, look at the original post and see what you need to do. I'd recommend sending a PM to BeerandGuns (the OP who set this all up) and see if there's still any openings left.

Good luck and hope to see you there!
Join ZS:17- FL

RIP Hk33k

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:44 pm

DON'T TREAD ON ME wrote:
nolacopusmc wrote:Not sure where to post this, but can someone PM me or direct me how to join a chapter? I am in new Orleans. WOuld like to make this campout also. thanks

There isn't an LA chapter currently, however I believe there are a few folks working on getting one up and running in the near future. Maybe put up a post in the meeting room inquiring about it and see who responds. Also, I think one or two of the guys involved with it is going on this trip, so see if you get any responces here.

As for the campout, look at the original post and see what you need to do. I'd recommend sending a PM to BeerandGuns (the OP who set this all up) and see if there's still any openings left.

I've just been letting this one sit. It's on a back burner since there are only two spots open and I'm considering just closing those and eating the rest of the cost. A smaller group would be easier with the activities and accommodations. Originally it was going to be 16 but that meant cramped sleeping and such. Anyone having an opinion on the matter, feel free to let me know here or in a PM.

rich1228
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead

Post by rich1228 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:43 pm

Hey guys, sorry I been gone for so long. Been working way too hard. Not the case now. Anyway, I'm so looking forward to this trip.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
The circle of life...what goes around...comes around.
"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy".

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:18 am

BeerandGuns wrote:
DON'T TREAD ON ME wrote:

I've just been letting this one sit. It's on a back burner since there are only two spots open and I'm considering just closing those and eating the rest of the cost. A smaller group would be easier with the activities and accommodations. Originally it was going to be 16 but that meant cramped sleeping and such. Anyone having an opinion on the matter, feel free to let me know here or in a PM.
If you decide to close the remaining spots, lemme know. Maybe I'll buy two beds, and make a fort :D

(but seriously, I'll help take up a share of the costs)

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:13 pm

JamesCannon wrote:
BeerandGuns wrote:
DON'T TREAD ON ME wrote:

If you decide to close the remaining spots, lemme know. Maybe I'll buy two beds, and make a fort :D

(but seriously, I'll help take up a share of the costs)
The only problem I'm having now is figuring out a shooting trip. We have three options

We can drive out to the Lafayette parish shooting range which is maybe a 45 minutes drive. It's regulated by range officers. Open Saturday from 8am till 2pm
We can drive to the free public range but I think that's going to be a good hike and probably more time than we want to invest.
We can go into the basin and do some shooting but right now we don't have the boats available. We will see if that changes.

Beyond that, it's going to be a great time. Fishing from the front of the cabins, nice enclosed porches for sitting out at night so we don't get eaten alive once the sun goes down, etc.

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:40 pm

Beyond that, it's going to be a great time. Fishing from the front of the cabins, nice enclosed porches for sitting out at night so we don't get eaten alive once the sun goes down, etc.
Hey man, even if that's all we get to do, that sounds good to me. What kind of fishin' is any good around there? I haven't been fishing since I moved down to this state, sorry to say. I'm still used to Missouri lake fishing, going for catfish, bass, crappie, and bluegill. Do I -have- to use a cane pole ;)

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:24 pm

JamesCannon wrote:
Hey man, even if that's all we get to do, that sounds good to me. What kind of fishin' is any good around there? I haven't been fishing since I moved down to this state, sorry to say. I'm still used to Missouri lake fishing, going for catfish, bass, crappie, and bluegill. Do I -have- to use a cane pole ;)
haha, no on HAVING to use the canepole. Catfish mainly from the cabin, probably bass, unknown what else. I'll have to find out.

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:55 pm

BeerandGuns wrote:
JamesCannon wrote:
haha, no on HAVING to use the canepole. Catfish mainly from the cabin, probably bass, unknown what else. I'll have to find out.
Ok, then nothing crazy. Not sure if I'll fish or not, though, anyways. Don't worry about it on my count. Nothing else, if I get one of these packable fishing kits I thought about putting together from some of these bushwhacker folks postings, I might play with that for practice. Not a big fisherman, personally. I like shooting. Boom.

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:46 pm

Call me slow, but I just now got around to checking out photos.

That's down right luxurious looking. I'm excited. Hooray for enclosed porch.

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:48 pm

JamesCannon wrote:Call me slow, but I just now got around to checking out photos.

That's down right luxurious looking. I'm excited. Hooray for enclosed porch.
That's the set up we will have. Facing the cabins from the water, we will have the one on the left and right of the pier and there are none too close so it's all us. As for enclosed porch, it's still a small bitch because it's wire and the mosquitos come in like Viet Cong but it's nothing like being outside when the sun drops. Screw that.

FordGuy2001
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn 04. Resident Evil Films. Zombieland.

Post by FordGuy2001 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:25 am

Hey Beer! My check to you will hit the mail next week. Been waiting to get past christmas and all. I know I've been out of the loop for a bit, but where the hell is the off topic forum? :?
Fleet # ZS0021
shrapnel wrote: Pancakes, our cat, is more of a badass than any of the humans in the house.
raptor wrote:
America even in the midst of a recession is a nation of plenty; we should not allow children to go hungry.

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:52 am

FordGuy2001 wrote:Hey Beer! My check to you will hit the mail next week. Been waiting to get past christmas and all. I know I've been out of the loop for a bit, but where the hell is the off topic forum? :?

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =2&t=56732" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blkhrt13

Post by Blkhrt13 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:22 am

Is there a spot left? Lemme kow about the funds and such if so.
DAxx wrote:There was a rhythm to the beating wings of brilliance, can't you hear it?
There is terror in the heart of your silence, don't fear it, we will speak it clearly
Counting backwards into darkness from infinity, can't you hear me?

Return to “Meeting Room”