Louisiana Camp and Shoot July 16th - July 17th 2010

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

DaveJohns
Favorite Zombie Movies: C-SPAN!

Re: Louisiana Camp and Shoot July 16th - July 17th 2010

Post by DaveJohns » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:24 pm

OK, thats it! NOBODY sober is allowed to post in this thread; it is WAAAAY more fun with the drunken posting!
"It could be that the purpose of my life is simply to serve as a warning to others"

KJ4MVP

My FAK
My BoB
My stuff for sale!

I survived LA Camp and Shoot 09

rich1228
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead

Post by rich1228 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:45 pm

DaveJohns wrote:OK, thats it! NOBODY sober is allowed to post in this thread; it is WAAAAY more fun with the drunken posting!
All righty then!!!!! Since I been drinking beer for 7 hours, I guess it is ok to post..... Thanks Dave! :lol:
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
The circle of life...what goes around...comes around.
"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy".

rich1228

Post by rich1228 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:45 pm

DaveJohns wrote:OK, thats it! NOBODY sober is allowed to post in this thread; it is WAAAAY more fun with the drunken posting!
All righty then!!!!! Since I been drinking beer for 7 hours, I guess it is ok to post..... Thanks Dave! :lol:

rich1228

Post by rich1228 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:46 pm

OOPS!!

KotaLu
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Evil Dead Trilogy, Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (both), Re-Animator, Shaun of the Dead, Mortuary, Fido, 28 Days Later, I Sell the Dead (kind of a zombie flick, sort of), Undead or Alive, Fast Zombies with Guns, I Am Legend, ... Zombieland and so many more

Post by KotaLu » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:58 pm

Rich... LOL. That is all
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

RIP HK33k

FordGuy2001
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn 04. Resident Evil Films. Zombieland.

Post by FordGuy2001 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:55 pm

Is it July yet?
Fleet # ZS0021
shrapnel wrote: Pancakes, our cat, is more of a badass than any of the humans in the house.
raptor wrote:
America even in the midst of a recession is a nation of plenty; we should not allow children to go hungry.

KotaLu
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Evil Dead Trilogy, Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (both), Re-Animator, Shaun of the Dead, Mortuary, Fido, 28 Days Later, I Sell the Dead (kind of a zombie flick, sort of), Undead or Alive, Fast Zombies with Guns, I Am Legend, ... Zombieland and so many more

Post by KotaLu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:14 am

Right?!? lol

Needs another vacation, like NOW!
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

RIP HK33k

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:58 am

I will update after the Georgia trip. Couple of people there I want to touch base with.
You want to kill, get a gun. You want to impress other dweebs, carry a knife. Or nunchucks. - War Nerd

It real simple... we live back in here... dis is our home, and nobody don't fuck with us

KotaLu

Post by KotaLu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:05 am

I wish I could make the Georgia trip...

RIP HK33k

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:29 am

I see I'd make 13. Floor boards are ok by me! Nice to see that there -are- people around these parts in ZS.

rich1228

Post by rich1228 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 pm

jtnieman wrote:I see I'd make 13. Floor boards are ok by me! Nice to see that there -are- people around these parts in ZS.
Dude! you have no idea. Me and B & G want to start a Lafayette Chapter. Right B & G?????????????

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:34 pm

rich1228 wrote:
jtnieman wrote:I see I'd make 13. Floor boards are ok by me! Nice to see that there -are- people around these parts in ZS.
Dude! you have no idea. Me and B & G want to start a Lafayette Chapter. Right B & G?????????????
Ummm, no.
You want to kill, get a gun. You want to impress other dweebs, carry a knife. Or nunchucks. - War Nerd

It real simple... we live back in here... dis is our home, and nobody don't fuck with us

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Why not?

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:15 pm

jtnieman wrote:Why not?
A: There's three of us.

B: It involves a lot more than Rich knows about. If he's willing to go do volunteer work, sure thing.

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Ah, didn't know there was only 3. I figured it'd be more of a Southern Louisiana thing, including Baton Rouge, and New Orleans, since we have fewer people.

The volunteer work part isn't as much of a concern to me. I would enjoy doing food drives and blood drives and the like, and I'm sure it's not too much trouble to get 97.3 and 96.5 and the like to shout about it, in addition to a little poster-plastering.

I'm the noob, so I'm not pushing anything. Just curious.

KotaLu

Post by KotaLu » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:29 pm

we haz a noob in our midst?!? Very cool!

Hi ya noob :) Welcome to the madness!

RIP HK33k

Cybrludite
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Cybrludite » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Dang. It's the weekend after LibertyCon. Getting consecutive weekends off is problematic...
“There are only two ways to sleep well at night, be ignorant or be prepared” – Simon Black

Readiness is all. — William Shakespeare

Senectute Et Perfidia

mad scientist

Post by mad scientist » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:01 pm

So, is there any way I could throw my hat in the ring for this trip tentatively? There's no way I'm organized enough to make plans this far in the future.... but theres a good chance I'll decide a couple weeks ahead of time that I MUST be there.

KotaLu

Post by KotaLu » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:04 pm

Sure... we'll save you a spot under the table ;)

RIP HK33k

mad scientist

Post by mad scientist » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:06 pm

KotaLu wrote:Sure... we'll save you a spot under the table ;)
Safest place in the whole cabin! I'll need to remember an air mattress this time, tho...

KotaLu

Post by KotaLu » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:17 pm

mad scientist wrote:
KotaLu wrote:Sure... we'll save you a spot under the table ;)
Safest place in the whole cabin! I'll need to remember an air mattress this time, tho...
True that lol

RIP HK33k

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:33 pm

mad scientist wrote:So, is there any way I could throw my hat in the ring for this trip tentatively? There's no way I'm organized enough to make plans this far in the future.... but theres a good chance I'll decide a couple weeks ahead of time that I MUST be there.
I prepaid to hold the cabins. I know it's far out but Lake Fausse books up 11 months in advance for the summer. It's just that damn popular. So basically I'm going to PM everyone who expressed interest. When we get to 16 people paid up, cabin spots are closed. So it just depends on how long it takes to fill up the spots. Cabins hold a max of 8 people each by park regulations so we won't go over that amount because it's a state park enforced by a park ranger. If anyone wants to tent camp after that, they are more than welcome to make plans for it. Tent camping is a good ways from the cabins and it's not car camping. You have to hike down a trail to get to the tent spots.

KotaLu

Post by KotaLu » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:18 pm

BeerandGuns wrote:
mad scientist wrote:So, is there any way I could throw my hat in the ring for this trip tentatively? There's no way I'm organized enough to make plans this far in the future.... but theres a good chance I'll decide a couple weeks ahead of time that I MUST be there.
I prepaid to hold the cabins. I know it's far out but Lake Fausse books up 11 months in advance for the summer. It's just that damn popular. So basically I'm going to PM everyone who expressed interest. When we get to 16 people paid up, cabin spots are closed. So it just depends on how long it takes to fill up the spots. Cabins hold a max of 8 people each by park regulations so we won't go over that amount because it's a state park enforced by a park ranger. If anyone wants to tent camp after that, they are more than welcome to make plans for it. Tent camping is a good ways from the cabins and it's not car camping. You have to hike down a trail to get to the tent spots.
Yay!! Hurry up so we can pay ya already LOL

RIP HK33k

rich1228

Post by rich1228 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:38 pm

BeerandGuns wrote:
jtnieman wrote:Why not?
A: There's three of us.

B: It involves a lot more than Rich knows about. If he's willing to go do volunteer work, sure thing.
Actually, I was just kidding. If B & G doesn't want a local chapter, then there won't be a local chapter.....cuz I aint doing any extra work!
I'm retired ya know? Anyhow, I am looking forward to next July. I hope I make it.

Return to “Meeting Room”