Official Louisiana/E Texas Camp n Shoot 24-26 July

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

SharkChild

Re: Official Louisiana/E Texas Camp n Shoot 24-26 July

Post by SharkChild » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:40 pm

Its that big :D
Gunny's O face
Mad Scientist
We got Super DeltaUpsilon. Oh shit! what is Gunny doing to DeltaUpsilon :D
Left to right
DeltaUpsilon, BeerandGuns, Citizen Simon, rich1228, mad scientist, FordGuy 2001, and Gunny
nfa wrote:must...keep...my...fucking...mouth...shut...
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 09

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:09 pm

BeerandGuns wrote:
Citizen Simon wrote:
BeerandGuns wrote: We can always do something further South to give people the total Louisiana experience.
A typical South Louisiana camp and shoot
I am totally fine w/ that, but ZS might have a problem if we post a campout for white people only. Even if it is just for people's own protection.
:shock:
However the real south LA experience campout would be nice. Love the vid by the way.

Next year's location:

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM6AM1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hell, I don't know if I'm white enough for Mamou.

We are on the lookout for a camp. When that comes through, we will have to host one in the Atchafalaya Basin. Range trips will consist of shooting Nutria during the day and Armadillos at night.
I was just about to suggest that we host the next one closer to your neck of the woods. You're organizing the next one. I'll help of course.
I survived Zombie Con 07

AK-9-Pie

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:40 pm

Citizen Simon wrote:
I was just about to suggest that we host the next one closer to your neck of the woods. You're organizing the next one. I'll help of course.
I've got the perfect place. It books up way in advance, like 8 months. If someone throws a general timeframe at me, it will be all set up. Should we shoot for July again?
You want to kill, get a gun. You want to impress other dweebs, carry a knife. Or nunchucks. - War Nerd

It real simple... we live back in here... dis is our home, and nobody don't fuck with us

KotaLu
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Evil Dead Trilogy, Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (both), Re-Animator, Shaun of the Dead, Mortuary, Fido, 28 Days Later, I Sell the Dead (kind of a zombie flick, sort of), Undead or Alive, Fast Zombies with Guns, I Am Legend, ... Zombieland and so many more

Post by KotaLu » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:01 pm

BeerandGuns wrote:
Citizen Simon wrote:
I've got the perfect place. It books up way in advance, like 8 months. If someone throws a general timeframe at me, it will be all set up. Should we shoot for July again?
Sounds good to me.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

RIP HK33k

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:28 pm

KotaLu wrote:
BeerandGuns wrote:
Citizen Simon wrote:
Sounds good to me.
OK, I'll leave it to the number of people who reply to see if we go with the idea.

Lake Fausse, pronounced as either fawse or faw-see.

We stayed there a month ago and it was great. Cabins realistically sleep 6 in beds with a sofa bed. They run $90 a night so if we get enough people, two cabins would be the perfect set up. Area has three hiking trails, shortest is about 0.6 miles and longest is around 3.8 miles. There is fishing from the front of the camp where you will see at least a few dozen alligators. If we get two cabins, we will have the area to ourselves including a fishing pier. Shooting range will be a good drive but can't be longer than the drive from Lakeview to Fort Polk.

So there is the information. Basically the cabin will come up within a month for booking. You can book 10-months in advance and they are booked into 2010. So let me know.
You want to kill, get a gun. You want to impress other dweebs, carry a knife. Or nunchucks. - War Nerd

It real simple... we live back in here... dis is our home, and nobody don't fuck with us

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:48 pm

Just get both cabins. I'll send you money if you need it. We'll worry about filling them later.
I survived Zombie Con 07

AK-9-Pie

KotaLu
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Evil Dead Trilogy, Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (both), Re-Animator, Shaun of the Dead, Mortuary, Fido, 28 Days Later, I Sell the Dead (kind of a zombie flick, sort of), Undead or Alive, Fast Zombies with Guns, I Am Legend, ... Zombieland and so many more

Post by KotaLu » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:57 pm

Citizen Simon wrote:Just get both cabins. I'll send you money if you need it. We'll worry about filling them later.
+1
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

RIP HK33k

SharkChild

Post by SharkChild » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:14 pm

Set it up and they will come. Count me in.
nfa wrote:must...keep...my...fucking...mouth...shut...

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:25 pm

Citizen Simon wrote:Just get both cabins. I'll send you money if you need it. We'll worry about filling them later.
I'll take care of all that. That already gives us 5 figuring that Rich will also go. If we get 10, it's $36 per person for the weekend with two cabins, dropping down the more people we add.

For everyone interested, read up about the place on the link. You can rent boats(non-powered) for cheap and there are plenty of other things to do. Fordguy can walk 10 feet and catch all the catfish he wants.

canaska

Post by canaska » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:24 pm

Hey I'm from Bossier city do you guys meet up anytime sooner than yearly?

Amy Elizabeth

Post by Amy Elizabeth » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:49 pm

... So, will bacon explosion be featured at next year's event? :D

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:50 pm

Amy Elizabeth wrote:
My innards beg for mercy.

Orwell's Oracle

Post by Orwell's Oracle » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:09 am

I'm in.

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:43 am

canaska wrote:Hey I'm from Bossier city do you guys meet up anytime sooner than yearly?
I think we are doing a Texarkana get together in the next few months. I am open for a range day and stuff like that.
I survived Zombie Con 07

AK-9-Pie

FordGuy2001
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn 04. Resident Evil Films. Zombieland.

Post by FordGuy2001 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Citizen Simon wrote:
canaska wrote:Hey I'm from Bossier city do you guys meet up anytime sooner than yearly?
I think we are doing a Texarkana get together in the next few months. I am open for a range day and stuff like that.

It dont look good for one up here in October. We have inventory at 2 diff dealers the last 2 weeks of the month and there are some vaction days somebody is taking the first week of it. Its gonna be crazy all that month. :(

Hey Beer! Count me in for what ever you can get going down there. :D

Amy Elizabeth wrote: ... So, will bacon explosion be featured at next year's event? :D
It Better Be!!!! 8)
Fleet # ZS0021
shrapnel wrote: Pancakes, our cat, is more of a badass than any of the humans in the house.
raptor wrote:
America even in the midst of a recession is a nation of plenty; we should not allow children to go hungry.

DaveJohns
Favorite Zombie Movies: C-SPAN!

Post by DaveJohns » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:24 pm

I am in.
"It could be that the purpose of my life is simply to serve as a warning to others"

KJ4MVP

My FAK
My BoB
My stuff for sale!

KotaLu

Post by KotaLu » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:41 pm

So that's 7 so far... not a bad start

RIP HK33k

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:46 pm

I'll get reservations when the cabins become available and then put up a thread. I'll shoot for close to the same weekend as this trip since the SE group does a Spring and Fall trip and ZCON appears to take place around June.

rich1228
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead

Post by rich1228 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Amy Elizabeth wrote:
If Simon is there, the bacon explosion will be there. You can count on that. Right Simon???
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
The circle of life...what goes around...comes around.
"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy".

DaveJohns
Favorite Zombie Movies: C-SPAN!

Post by DaveJohns » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:35 pm

If he wont do it, I will! Anyway, I owe you guys since I basically mooched the whole weekend. Except for that cheap beer (which nobody drank)
"It could be that the purpose of my life is simply to serve as a warning to others"

KJ4MVP

My FAK
My BoB
My stuff for sale!

KotaLu

Post by KotaLu » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:45 pm

BeerandGuns wrote:I'll get reservations when the cabins become available and then put up a thread. I'll shoot for close to the same weekend as this trip since the SE group does a Spring and Fall trip and ZCON appears to take place around June.
Sounds good 8)

RIP HK33k

canaska

Post by canaska » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:04 pm

If its all the same to ya'll and if I'm in the states I'd like to attend the next get together.

rich1228
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead

Post by rich1228 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:08 pm

DaveJohns wrote:If he wont do it, I will! Anyway, I owe you guys since I basically mooched the whole weekend. Except for that cheap beer (which nobody drank)
Don't worry about that Dave.. We take care of each other, and you did sleep outside one night.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
The circle of life...what goes around...comes around.
"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy".

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:42 pm

canaska wrote:If its all the same to ya'll and if I'm in the states I'd like to attend the next get together.
Knock yourself out. Would be glad to have you.

We will do it on a first come first serve basis. We have 12 sleeping spaces on beds and sofas. After that it's floor space till we have a reasonable amount. Then it's everyone on their own, tent camping, porch, etc.

Return to “Meeting Room”