Official Louisiana/E Texas Camp n Shoot 24-26 July

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Official Louisiana/E Texas Camp n Shoot 24-26 July

Post by Citizen Simon » Thu May 14, 2009 4:00 pm

What? ZS meet n greet. Cabin/campground camping w/ trip to PAW supply store and range

WHEN?
Starting the evening of Friday July 24th ending the morning of Sunday July 26th

WHERE?
Toledo bend - http://www.fortpolkmwr.com/toledo_bend_recreation_site" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WHY?
To meet people, discuss preparations, organize future get togethers, drinking, poker, swapping of lies around campfire, fishing, boating.

WHO?
You and any survival/preparation minded friends/family you have that are 18 years old or older.

Schedule:

Friday evening:
The meet, greet, eat, and drink session. Most people will be arriving late on Friday/early on Saturday, so Friday will be more of an informal ice breaker.

Saturday:
Wake up, groan, ache, take asprin.
Trip to JR's surplus store (possibly the best location ever for buying BOB supplies)
Trip to range
Return to camp
If you do not wish to go to the surplus store or the range, or either then there are still many things to do on the lake. Look at above link for other recreational things.
Texas Hold Em

Sunday:
Wake up, groan, ache, take more asprin
Break Camp
Heartfelt goodbyes
Depart

There are 5 cabins up for rent 5 people per cabin. So a max of 25 people can reserve a cabin. There is also tent camping available. Other arrangements can be made thru me via PM. (IE: Campers)

Restroom facilities and barbecue pits are available and free to use.

Cost for Tents is $5 a night
Cost for Cabins is $10 a night (In case we dont reserve a full 5 rooms in a cabin. If we do end up renting every bed then I will use extra money to buy refreshments)

A response to this thread with 'Cabin' reserves you a spot in a cabin. Post the number of spots you are reserving as well. First come first serve basis. You must make the $10 per person payment by July 10th or you will forfeit you spot to the next person in line. All Payments must be received by 23 July.

Payments will be to me on my pay pal account. (Since I have to rent everything using my military ID) Once you post your reservations I will PM you my information so you can pay with your pay pal or credit card.

A response with 'In' indicates you will be camping in a tent or other arrangement.

Those who posted 'cabin' :
FordGuy - Paid
BeerandGuns - Paid
Rich1228 - Paid

DaveJohns
Orwell's Oracle - Paid
Gunny - Paid
mad scientist
SharkChild - Paid
Doc Simon - Paid

Those who posted 'in' for a tent
SurvivingScott + 1
Blast
TBear - Paid
KotaLu - Paid

Kyle - Paid
Erik - Paid
Last edited by Citizen Simon on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 20 times in total.
I survived Zombie Con 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 09

AK-9-Pie

FordGuy2001
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn 04. Resident Evil Films. Zombieland.

Re: Official Louisiana/E Texas Camp n Shoot 24-26 July

Post by FordGuy2001 » Thu May 14, 2009 5:33 pm

I just got the 24th off. I intend to be there sometime Friday morning so I can fish a bit that day.
Fleet # ZS0021
shrapnel wrote: Pancakes, our cat, is more of a badass than any of the humans in the house.
raptor wrote:
America even in the midst of a recession is a nation of plenty; we should not allow children to go hungry.

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Thu May 14, 2009 6:20 pm

FordGuy2001 wrote:I just got the 24th off. I intend to be there sometime Friday morning so I can fish a bit that day.
You reserving a cabin spot?
I survived Zombie Con 07

AK-9-Pie

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Thu May 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Doc Simon wrote:
FordGuy2001 wrote:I just got the 24th off. I intend to be there sometime Friday morning so I can fish a bit that day.
I am. I'll be there. Rich will probably go also so make that two from Louisiana.

ETA:
Shit, I did not follow protocol.
Two "Cabin" spots. One more person and our first cabin is full.
Last edited by BeerandGuns on Fri May 15, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You want to kill, get a gun. You want to impress other dweebs, carry a knife. Or nunchucks. - War Nerd

It real simple... we live back in here... dis is our home, and nobody don't fuck with us

FordGuy2001

Post by FordGuy2001 » Thu May 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Doc Simon wrote:
Oh yes! "cabin"
Fleet # ZS0021
shrapnel wrote: Pancakes, our cat, is more of a badass than any of the humans in the house.
raptor wrote:
America even in the midst of a recession is a nation of plenty; we should not allow children to go hungry.

DaveJohns
Favorite Zombie Movies: C-SPAN!

Post by DaveJohns » Thu May 14, 2009 11:10 pm

Put me down for a cabin berth. Thanks!
"It could be that the purpose of my life is simply to serve as a warning to others"

KJ4MVP

My FAK
My BoB
My stuff for sale!

Orwell's Oracle

Post by Orwell's Oracle » Fri May 15, 2009 12:07 am

I'm new at this, but I'm in. I want a cabin spot. Since I have not gone to anuthing like this before, I'm open to any suggestions about what to bring, besides weapons, ammo, camping gear, and beer money. I'm not bringing fishing gear as fish hate me and will bite for everyone else in the boat but me even whenI use the same stuff they do. They even insult me by not even stealing my bait.

FordGuy2001

Post by FordGuy2001 » Fri May 15, 2009 5:18 am

Orwell's Oracle wrote: I'm not bringing fishing gear as fish hate me and will bite for everyone else in the boat but me even when I use the same stuff they do. They even insult me by not even stealing my bait.

Don't worry. We will fix that problem for you. I got a good dough bait that works great and as soon as I check the LA laws on fishing, I hope to bring a cast net to catch live bait.
Fleet # ZS0021
raptor wrote:

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Fri May 15, 2009 5:01 pm

DaveJohns wrote:Put me down for a cabin berth. Thanks!
Are you sure you can make it?
You want to kill, get a gun. You want to impress other dweebs, carry a knife. Or nunchucks. - War Nerd

It real simple... we live back in here... dis is our home, and nobody don't fuck with us

DaveJohns

Post by DaveJohns » Fri May 15, 2009 10:47 pm

BeerandGuns wrote:
DaveJohns wrote:Put me down for a cabin berth. Thanks!
Are you sure you can make it?

As sure as I ever can be about anything farther out than tomorrow on my schedule. If someone cals and says "Hey, here's a couple thousand bucks - go do this gig over there" I really have no choice. But right now none of the guys I work with have anything at all on the books for that week. The week AFTER? Yea. But not that week. Of course, things can change in 2 months, but I can always dream, right?

The biggest prob in my line of work is that, if I get a call and turn it down, then I get put at the bottom of the call list for the next one. Not fun, since it pretty much ruins any chance of planning vacations/getaways/time off, but thats just the way this thing goes.
"It could be that the purpose of my life is simply to serve as a warning to others"

KJ4MVP

My FAK
My BoB
My stuff for sale!

mad scientist

Post by mad scientist » Sat May 16, 2009 10:54 pm

Doc, whats the latest we can tell you we're coming? I feel very sure I'll be able to make it, but right now I don't know if the lady or any of my friends will be coming with me.

SurvivingScott
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by SurvivingScott » Sat May 16, 2009 11:23 pm

I say "in" for myself and a friend right now, but I may have to change plans depending on my work schedule.
Meat N' Taters wrote:I'm so tactical that...

I installed a picatinny rail on my penis.

AK/.40/Cake
Happily addicted to MJOTZY

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Sun May 17, 2009 4:34 am

mad scientist wrote:Doc, whats the latest we can tell you we're coming? I feel very sure I'll be able to make it, but right now I don't know if the lady or any of my friends will be coming with me.
You can just show up if you like. However there will probably not be cabin beds available. The latest to reserve a cabin space is the 24th of July, as I have to reserve them a month out.

I personally plan on using this somewhat as a mock bug out. Living entirely out of my motorcycle. (cept for the booze) I am going to do tent camping. I'll soak the the AC during the day by hanging out in one of the cabins with everyone. I am sure there will be poker or spades being played in one of them in the early evening. So, if you have to wait until later that's fine, just tent camp like I am. Maybe there will be an odd number of beds and you can scoop one up too. Either way it wont be the end of the world, and it wont keep you out of the cool during the day.
I survived Zombie Con 07

AK-9-Pie

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Sun May 17, 2009 4:37 am

Also, in case you didn't notice, I am updating the original post to reflect 'in' and 'cabin' reservations.
I survived Zombie Con 07

AK-9-Pie

mad scientist

Post by mad scientist » Sun May 17, 2009 11:24 am

"cabin." For one right now, but I might add more spots later on towards the deadline.

Erik

Post by Erik » Sun May 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Change me to "cabin"!

DaveJohns

Post by DaveJohns » Sun May 17, 2009 1:39 pm

upon further consideration, I think I will follow Doc Simons' lead, and try this as a Mock bug out. However, I am keeping my bunk reservation in the cabin in case I totally wimp out.

This should be fun!

KJ4MVP

My FAK
My BoB
My stuff for sale!

SharkChild

Post by SharkChild » Sun May 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Sup Doc I am in. I will take a cabin. Thanks 1 cabin space for me. If I read correctly the cabin has a kitchen if so; then if you guys want I can make tortillas for luch or dinner. I am slowly getting back in to cooking and Now that I can use both hands I am going to start making tortillas for my family. It is also therapy for my hands. I am a little slow right now but by then they should come out like they use to(hopefully).

Let me know.
nfa wrote:must...keep...my...fucking...mouth...shut...

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Sun May 17, 2009 9:20 pm

SharkChild wrote:Sup Doc I am in. I will take a cabin. Thanks 1 cabin space for me. If I read correctly the cabin has a kitchen if so; then if you guys want I can make tortillas for luch or dinner. I am slowly getting back in to cooking and Now that I can use both hands I am going to start making tortillas for my family. It is also therapy for my hands. I am a little slow right now but by then they should come out like they use to(hopefully).

Let me know.
If you dont make me fajitas I will personally pile drive you into a camping table WWF style.

Anyone else up for a game of Hold Em? $10 buy in and $10 Rebuy? Pot split on top three players 50%, 30%, 20%? I will play dealer (as I dont gamble cards for money, and you dont want me to either (I am a card magician, so gambling for money is not good for my health, the urge to cheat is too great, and my ability to do it without being caught it too easy)). I am also very open for spades. (beware, I will cheat my ass of at spades)

I will be cooking a bacon explosion for everyone and any fish we catch. Other than that I should be cooking for myself out of my BOB mostly mountain house stuff and ramen. I will be available to mix drinks for people as well.

I will be using this as a mock bug out so I will be on my motorcycle, so I will not be able to carry much of anything other than my own kit. Also, my neighbor has many sheep, if anyone wanted to haul one after the trip to the range, we could get one and use it for a class on a kill shot, field cleaning and quartering, field butchering, wilderness cooking.
I survived Zombie Con 07

AK-9-Pie

DaveJohns

Post by DaveJohns » Sun May 17, 2009 9:47 pm

Ok wait, what did you just say about sheep?

KJ4MVP

My FAK
My BoB
My stuff for sale!

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Sun May 17, 2009 9:50 pm

DaveJohns wrote:Ok wait, what did you just say about sheep?
Lamb chops, for eating. Some other stuff, but to avoid PETA protesting us we'll just talk about that when everyone gets here. :) (Nothing sexual you fucking freaks)
I survived Zombie Con 07

AK-9-Pie

BeerandGuns

Post by BeerandGuns » Sun May 17, 2009 10:23 pm

I'll bring burgers for either a lunch or dinner along with some specialty beer.

Blast
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Girl With the Gifts

Post by Blast » Sun May 17, 2009 11:03 pm

It's looking very good for me to attend, assuming my boss doesn't suddenly need to send me off to some God-forsaken place to do a Rotorooter job on some damn Mexican oil well.

If anyone's interested I can hold a edible wild plant class.

-Blast

p.s. I'll be tenting it.

mad scientist

Post by mad scientist » Sun May 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Wow, all this talk about food is making me hungry. I was thinking about bringing my cast iron pot and making some Gonzales style jambalaya... but that makes a lot of food... and it sounds like we're going to have more than enough as is. I really enjoy trying other people's signature dishes, though, so it sounds awesome. Just be aware, I'm might end up spying on you and making notes of all of your secret ingredients so I can recreate the recipe when I get back home. :twisted:
Doc Simon wrote:Anyone else up for a game of Hold Em?
I'm so bad at card games that its depressing. I played poker with a couple of buddies a while back, and managed to loose every hand for an hour straight until I ran out of the substantial pile of chips we had all started with. But since I like winning, and since I'm cheap and hate losing money... card games are just something I can't bring myself to do.
Doc Simon wrote: ...and use it for a class on a kill shot, field cleaning and quartering, field butchering, wilderness cooking.
This is win. Hunting is one of the things I've always wanted to do, and the main thing holding me back has been that I have absolutely no idea how to clean, quarter, and butcher an animal. I've read several articles (some linked from this forum), but I feel like thats not really enough training for me to take a knife to a carcass.

Return to “Meeting room”