Australians in the house FTW!

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

EeRie
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them

Re: Australians in the house FTW!

Post by EeRie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Tetra Grammaton Cleric wrote:. Look at ZS Vegas, Eerie basically got that up by himself.
-
All i can take credit for is bringing the first few members together beyond that our chapter has been a great group effort! but thanks getting the momentum is hard keeping it is harder...
LasVegasWeekly.com wrote:“If you can survive a zombie apocalypse, you can survive anything,” said Eerie. As the founder of the Vegas chapter/comic relief/skirt chasing degenerate/drunk... Eerie established ZS 009 in January as a way for more colorful members of our community to get involved in activism.
ZSC:009
"Don't gamble with your life, Be Prepared!"

Indiana

Post by Indiana » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:31 pm

I dunno from what I've seen having a meet seems to be an excuse to then go out and buy a fuckton of new gear. Meets play havoc with the personal finances, or maybe they are good for stimulating the economy lol.

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:56 pm

Indiana wrote:I dunno from what I've seen having a meet seems to be an excuse to then go out and buy a fuckton of new gear. Meets play havoc with the personal finances, or maybe they are good for stimulating the economy lol.
Speaking of which...

It's here! It's here! Fuck everything else - My Assault Pack is here! It's here! IT'S HERE! :lol:

-
"I shoot the dead." - Harlen Maguire, The Road to Perdition.

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:52 pm

Tetra Grammaton Cleric wrote:It's here! It's here! Fuck everything else - My Assault Pack is here! It's here! IT'S HERE! :lol:

-
Okay. It's been quite a few hours now.

I probably should marry this bag now. Y'know... do the right thing by it and all that.

:lol:
-

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

phoenixmastm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Land of the Dead, Undead, 28 weeks later.

Post by phoenixmastm » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Tetra Grammaton Cleric wrote:
Tetra Grammaton Cleric wrote:It's here! It's here! Fuck everything else - My Assault Pack is here! It's here! IT'S HERE! :lol:

-

I probably should marry this bag now. Y'know... do the right thing by it and all that.

-
Did she enjoy it too? ;)

Oh, and just for the records: if any Aussie ZS member is up my way, free drinks/room/board on me. :D
Up onto the overturned keel
Clamber, with a heart of steel
Cold is the ocean spray
And your death is on it's way
With maidens you've had your way
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

Kaylan

Post by Kaylan » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Tetra Grammaton Cleric wrote:

-

-

I demand pics. Of the ceremony, of the ceremony! It's too early in the day for brain bleach. :lol:

So you love the bag, then? Made the right choice? ;)

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:48 am

Yes I love it - I forgive you for the peer group pressure*. :wink:

*you're my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

Pics to come as soon as I unfuck my headache and unfuck my e-mail server.

-

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

Kaylan

Post by Kaylan » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:51 am

Tetra Grammaton Cleric wrote:Yes I love it - I forgive you for the peer group pressure*. :wink:

Works for me. :lol: I'm sure I'll be able to use you guys as an excuse sometime ("But Zombie Squad made me do it...") so it's all good. ;)

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:05 am

Kaylan wrote:
Tetra Grammaton Cleric wrote:Yes I love it - I forgive you for the peer group pressure*. :wink:

Works for me. :lol: I'm sure I'll be able to use you guys as an excuse sometime ("But Zombie Squad made me do it...") so it's all good. ;)
Again... all the more reason for an official chapter - so we can say Zombie Squad officially sanctioned me to do it. :lol:

-

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:03 am

Using the same idea as the recent British designs...

ZS Store. Platatac Store.

-

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

TheGunslinger
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheGunslinger » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:05 am

Hell. Yes.

That's awesome!
Bureaucracy destroys initiative. There is little that bureaucrats hate more than innovation, especially innovation that produces better results than the old routines. Improvements always make those at the top of the heap look inept. Who enjoys appearing inept? ~A Guide to Trial and Error in Government, Bene Gesserit Archive

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:11 am

TheGunslinger wrote:Hell. Yes.

That's awesome!
It has some degree of win about it, I agree. :)
-

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

Kaylan

Post by Kaylan » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:37 pm

Om nom nom. I likey! But is it going to go with your new pack, or are you doing to need a camo coloured version? :D

SaladFingers
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil: Extinction, Rambo First Blood, Shaun of the Dead, The Edge, I am Legend, Pet Semetary, Shooter, Serenity, Cast Away and Army of Darkness.

Post by SaladFingers » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:22 am

Hi everyone.

Just popping my head in to ask a question, yes, google is my friend, so is the search which I used.

Are there any topics in the forum about Australian businesses online that sell gear?

I assume a topic would have recommended links, based upon people's experiences (value and range etc), rather than an unrated list, or is this the place to ask?

Steve :)

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:04 am

SaladFingers wrote:Hi everyone.

Just popping my head in to ask a question, yes, google is my friend, so is the search which I used.

Are there any topics in the forum about Australian businesses online that sell gear?

I assume a topic would have recommended links, based upon people's experiences (value and range etc), rather than an unrated list, or is this the place to ask?

Steve :)
Hi back! Yes dude. This might as well be the place to ask. :D

No dude, I don't think there is. You should start one. :D

I have scattered references to kitbag (kitbag, redwolf, combat ready), SORD, platatac, drizabone, wellington's, burke's outfitter's, bcf and the like (even North Queensland Tactical IIRC) throughout the equipment forums and I've seen mtaylor and chocco drop some platatac & other gear around as well.

And... Yes. You should start one.

Survival Equipment ---> Bug Out Gear ---> Your Thread. = Win.

I'll contribute. Promise.

-

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:34 am

Kaylan wrote:Om nom nom. I likey! But is it going to go with your new pack, or are you doing to need a camo coloured version? :D
You know, sad as it is I actually did that particular mental exercise already. lol

If it were to go on my bag with the two badges side by side as shown I'll need the velcro IFF/ANF doodads and donate some molle real-estate for the cause.

I think the dimensions of the Platatac badge is outta wack.
We could get our own badges made up with the silowhite Aussie flag on black *as shown* with AUSTRALIA in white below *as shown* and ZOMBIE SQUAD in white above *not shown* on a patch the same size as the ZS one.

The ZOMBIE SQUAD (words), FLAG, AUSTRALIA patch design could be by defacto a chapter logo. It would look awesome on black backgrounded media accompanied by the ZS logo.
-

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

SaladFingers
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil: Extinction, Rambo First Blood, Shaun of the Dead, The Edge, I am Legend, Pet Semetary, Shooter, Serenity, Cast Away and Army of Darkness.

Post by SaladFingers » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:42 am

Topic posted. Gauntlet thrown down.

Going postal in Australia - mail order and online shopping
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=44739

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 pm

SaladFingers wrote:Topic posted. Gauntlet thrown down.

Going postal in Australia - mail order and online shopping
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=44739
My integrity is intact. :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=44739&p=930853#p930853

-

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

Kaylan

Post by Kaylan » Thu May 21, 2009 2:11 am

Lookit, lookit, I got my member badge! Whee!

How's everyone going? I'm so busy with school at the moment that I barely have time for eating and sleeping. Bonus, though: one of the things I'm teaching is a survival unit for a bunch of fourteen-year-olds (we talked about zombies in the first lesson; they came up with some really awesome zombie survival ideas). Hooray!

What's happening in everyone's locales? We had torrential rain yesterday, flash floods everywhere. It was hellish to get home. I was hoping we'd get the rain equivalent of a snow day but no such luck.

TheGunslinger
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheGunslinger » Thu May 21, 2009 6:16 pm

Not a lot happening down here.

As is usual, once ANZAC day passed, it became damn cold. It's so weird - 21 degree days and pretty nice weather from March through to the 25th.

26th of April until today - top of 16/17, down to 0 or -1 at night.

Boo!

Stay safe up North, Kaylan!
Bureaucracy destroys initiative. There is little that bureaucrats hate more than innovation, especially innovation that produces better results than the old routines. Improvements always make those at the top of the heap look inept. Who enjoys appearing inept? ~A Guide to Trial and Error in Government, Bene Gesserit Archive

Kaylan

Post by Kaylan » Sun May 24, 2009 1:26 am

I'd forgotten about it until Friday, but a few months ago I booked in to go to the shooting range with a group of women (it's a thing the city council has started, gives women a chance to try a whole lot of stuff that they might not otherwise try, like scuba diving or archery) to go and try out a whole lot of different stuff all day on Saturday. I had an absolute ball!

We got to try rim fire and centre fire pistols, rim fire and centre fire rifles, shotguns and black powder pistols. My favourites were the rifles and the centre fire pistol. I didn't like the shotgun much, but I did get one clay pigeon (out of five shots); it was just so freakin' heavy!

I think I need to go shooting again sometime soon. I was also wondering if something like this might be a decent fundraising idea. It was definitely popular, they've booked out the last two times they ran it (I know because I tried to get into one before and they were no places left). *ponders*

Any of the other SE-Qlders up for a range day? Whee!

SaladFingers

Post by SaladFingers » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi everyone,

Got my food storage on the go and am now starting water. A few local knowledge questions. Most of what I read about water is from lakes or rivers, add 1/2 tsp chlorine bleach to 8 gallons or so to make it potable/stablie.

I'm not sure about other countries but isn't town water here chlorinated, so should I be dropping in less than what most US sites recommend?

Secondly, if I buy bottles of spring water (1.5L), they're fine as is for how long?

scarymonkey
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days

Post by scarymonkey » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:23 am

Hi all.

Im new,only joined this forum a few days ago. I was in a couple of Oz survival forums but got sick of the bitchyness, Im sure youve all been there done that.
Im in Sydney.
Prepare for the worst and dare the good Lord to dissapoint you.

Kaylan

Post by Kaylan » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:26 am

Hi scarymonkey, welcome to ZS!

SF, I thought someone else would answer your questions; I'm not the most knowledgeable but I'll give it a go.

Re: purification - 1/2 teaspoon in 8 gallons is only 2.5ml going into 30 litres. How much further would you want to reduce it? A search for chlorine concentration in town water, and doing the maths to work out what 2.5ml into 30 litres is so that we can compare, would let you figure out whether you'd reduce the amount (maths isn't my strongest suit). But I'm thinking it won't make that much of a difference, you're talking about only a few drops in a 2 litre bottle.

Re: bottled water - I know that opened/refilled bottles go bad after a while, or at least the ones rolling around in my car for emergency car re-hydration do. The heat might contribute? I've had a couple of sealed bottles in the boot with my GHB for at least a year now, though, and they still look fine. Might crack one open soon and see how it tastes.

Return to “Meeting room”