Need input on new zombie mobile app

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Maverick315
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Need input on new zombie mobile app

Post by Maverick315 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:53 am

hey fellow zombie enthusiasts.

Brand new on here, really looking forward to helping the community as a whole.

That being the case, i've been secretly working on a new zombie mobile app that will integrate many different aspects of the zombie community: integrates your location, your friends, allows the user to increase stats, have a certain role in a group of survivors...
i sorta imagine it being like an app created by an organization that sends groups of survivors out into zombie infested land to accomplish goals.

If you were in a group of survivors sent out to complete quests, what sort of information would you want to see on your screen? a map of your location? notifications of zombies in your area or nearby safe zones?

Thanks in advance for all of your wonderful ideas.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of the working landing page*

http://markivee.com/mike/uzh/UZH%20Landing%20Page.jpg

-Maverick315

(If this is posted in the wrong area i apologize)
-Maverick315

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Re: Need input on new zombie mobile app

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Moved to simulations.

Hopefully this isn't just marketing spam.
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

Maverick315

Post by Maverick315 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Thanks for the move.

Definitely not a marketing scam or anything like that, just a fellow zombie enthusiast trying to get some feedback. :)

-Maverick315
-Maverick315

OCR
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: ZOMBIE LAND, BLACK SHEEP, SHAWN OF THE DEAD

Post by OCR » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Depending on the type of game play, the ma0p should only get revealed as you explore it. Have a designated distance of sight. Have ammo stashes un-common or rare. Have melea stashes common or un-common.

Just what type of ideas are you looking for? I have tones of ideas. Idk if my ideas are good fr a modal app. They would be good for a comp, Ps3 or XBOX 360.
What is LIFE you ask? Well LIFE is that thing that takes a BIG FAT DUMP on all your HOPES and DREAMS. That is what LIFE is.

Maverick315

Post by Maverick315 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:37 am

those are damn good ideas! i'd love to hear what else you come up with.
-Maverick315

Maverick315

Post by Maverick315 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:17 am

It's an MMORPG for your mobile device, so i guess it'd be an MMMORPG (get it?)

it'll use your current location via GPS to show you local solo missions you can do, similar to what you were saying: find ammo stashes, rescue survivors, etc....

but it'll also have a "campaign mode" of sorts that allows you to interact with a team of players all over the world and complete these missions together, since these missions will require certain classes to complete certain parts of the mission before the rest of the team can complete it. I.E. a Scout may have to scout ahead to get a layout of a certain mission, and report it back to the team. That sorta thing.

It's all click based (tap based, since it'll be on your phone), and (im still working out all the kinks) somehow the GPS will be integrated into all the levels or some of the levels or just the solo levels, I dont really know right now.

there's more to it than that, but i dont want to give away everything just yet.

Let me know what you think.
-Maverick315

OCR
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: ZOMBIE LAND, BLACK SHEEP, SHAWN OF THE DEAD

Post by OCR » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Have missions to build stuff or gather stuff for missions. An example mission would be to lour a bunch of Zeds onto an open strech of road or highway, then smash through em with a Semi. To lour the Zeds there, you have to go find a tornado siren and get it down. Once you have it, you find a way to power it in a remot location. Take it to the road/highway and place it some where that the zeds won't get to it and you won't hit it. Turn it on for 30 seconds every 5 min to lour the Zeds without them all loosing intrest in a never ending noise.

For the truck, find a good Semi and make the front end as vishious/dangerous as posable to be hit by. You could use spikes, a plow, a mix of both or whatever else you think up.
What is LIFE you ask? Well LIFE is that thing that takes a BIG FAT DUMP on all your HOPES and DREAMS. That is what LIFE is.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”