Welcome To Mortiston, USA

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Fenris

Welcome To Mortiston, USA

Post by Fenris » Sun May 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Welcome to Mortiston, USA is a zombie apocalypse campaign setting book licensed for use with ModernPath for Pathfinder, Rotworld, Outbreak: Undead, Savage Worlds and OGL Modern. The book details the events of a mysterious apocalypse that suddenly arises in a medium-sized American town. Cut off from the outside world in a mountain valley town 50 miles in any direction from other civilization, the surviving citizens of Mortiston barricade themselves into their homes. Some of them even make it through the night. Factions form as survivors come together, escape from the valley becomes impossible and survival becomes critical as resources begin to dwindle in the world after Z-Day.

Welcome to Mortiston, USA is an 76 page campaign setting and resource guidebook for use with nearly any modern apocalypse role-playing game. The guidebook contains 20 detailed npc survivors with their motivations, desires, equipment and stats in numerous systems. It also contains 30 detailed locations with backgrounds, descriptions and equipment. Additionally it contains a timeline and other materials covering the events of Z-Day and roughly the first 200 days after Z-Day. The book takes into account dwindling resources and dying survivors over the time period so that the GM could, for example, know how much gasoline is likely to remain in a given gas station on Z-Day+75.

Please check it out at http://www.mortiston.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
"How quickly a man takes on the qualities of darkness. Men who live by night; the soldier, the thief, the traveller by night, the vagabond... theirs is a different way of thinking, and they do not fear the dark nor what may come upon them by night because they themselves are of the night, a part of it." ~louis lamour

365zed

Re: Welcome To Mortiston, USA

Post by 365zed » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:13 am

Thanks so much for posting about Welcome to Mortiston, USA. For those of you who do not know, this RPG book was the result of a successful Kickstarter project and we at Scrying Eye Games truly appreciate the support we got for the project. Now that we are back from Gen-Con, I am excited to announce that we will soon be releasing the first of our Extended Electronic Packages (EEPS) to supplement the game world. I'm told to keep hush about its contents for now, but everyone at http://www.scryingeye.com/ is pretty sure that zombie/post-apocalypse RPG players are gonna love it. I know that I am excited to see what people think of the new material.

I am sorry it took me so long to respond to this, but I did not know about this site. It has been a lot of fun poking around and reading over some of the stuff here. This is a most excellent site; I will be mentioning it in my blog later today. Thanks again and I hope to see you in Mortiston real soon. :)

Mark Cookman
writer/game designer
http://www.365zed.com

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”