Yeah, say what you like about a game, love it or hate it, but you gotta give Blizzard it's due when it comes to cut scenes- they really tear them up. To the point that I've wondered if they shouldn't start doing CG movies instead. Could be like the dark, evil version of Pixar
This is truth if ever I've seen it written on a message board.
Just picked the game up yesterday (probably the biggest mistake I've made in the past year, what with my summer classes at grad school about to being next week) and I'm playing the hell out of it. About half way through act one at the moment with a barbarian just messing around in single-player to get the hang of the controls and the skills again.
As an avid player of D2, I like a lot of what they did with the game, especially the player convenience and streamlining things, such as:
- Interactive setting beyond just breaking a few jars to look for loot
- Not making me have to inventory manage identify and town portal scrolls which was just a meaningless PITA
- The nice little "jump back to the dungeon entrance" points to save walking time
- Early on opportunities to craft items
- The mana-equivalent stat and how it works on different classes
- The new skill system where I'm not completely screwed if I choose wrong in a build order early on
Of course, there are a few things I don't like. Specifically, it's nice that you can do things like train your minions or expand your stash for gold, but I can see them over-doing the economy and micro-purchase aspects of the game (both for real money and gold) to the point where there are games full of players like GoldFarmer0001 and DiscountCialis69 outnumbering people that just want to enjoy the gameplay. It also seems like ranged and magic characters are very under-powered early on compared to melee characters, but that could just be me. I'm also still missing my Amazon and my Druid from D2.