I am Alive

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ultra magnus

I am Alive

Post by ultra magnus » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:24 pm

This is available on XBL today for 1200 MSP. I have not purchased it yet. I played through the demo. Seems pretty cool and promising. Neat health stamina system. There is a lot of climbing to do. As you climb your stamina goes down. If it runs all the way down you have to start button mashing to exert yourself. As you exert yourself your max stamina bar starts to decrease. If it goes all the way down you fall and die. If you get somewhere you can rest before your stamina refills. If you your max has gone down, it will only refill to the point it ran down to. You can replenish your stamina with items and your max stamina with others. The environment seems like a primary enemy. The only weapon you start with is an empty pistol. You can use this to bluff and intimidate enemies. Enemy encounters are serious business. Even later in the demo when you get a machete 2 guys at once are a challenge. You can get killed pretty easy. I only found 1 round of ammo in the whole demo. Supplies in general seem pretty scarce. Continues are limited which is pretty rare these days, and are even more limited in the "survival" mode(I only tried normal mode). Story could go either way from what I played in the demo. Your guy has a video camera that he uses to film stuff which seems pretty silly. This is suppose to take place a year after TEOTWAWKI. Where is he charging this thing at? Battery life on camcorders suck. Other than that it's pretty cool. Not everyone in the game is out to kill you which is pretty neat. A lot of the people you come across will warn you to stay away and keep moving and as long as you do they let you be. They will only attack if you threaten and engage them. I'm thinking I will probably purchase the full game to play on my next day off. Anyone else try this yet?

ultra magnus

Re: I am Alive

Post by ultra magnus » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Forgot to add a few things. I really like the way the map is set up. It starts off looking like an actual map of the city. As you explore it's updated and blocked paths and notations are added in red marker, pretty neat and adds to the atmosphere. Item pick ups are the other thing. They have a glowing pillar of light around them. On one hand this is nice because it keeps you from having to really scour every corner mashing a button, on the other hand it kind of pulls you out of the game and feels like the game is "giving" you items rather than you just finding them.

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:19 am

Played the demo last night . Despite reading a lot of mixed reviews , I will buy it soon . i really enjoyed it . It was challenging and definitely different .
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

Jwinnfield

Post by Jwinnfield » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:12 am

Last edited by Jwinnfield on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On Point

Post by On Point » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:09 pm

I came here to actually start a thread on this game but I see youve beat me to it.
I downloaded the demo & completed the first episode & was pretty much hooked on the storyline.
I purchased the full version from xbox & have completed 5 or 6 episodes now. Its definitely reminiscent of Prince of Persia but thats not a bad thing.
The combat sequences arent the best, but Ill make due. Its something new to hold me over until The Last of Us is released.
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts." - William Shakespeare

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

On Point

Post by On Point » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Well, I completed the game last night with a score of 80%. Im going to play through it again on Survivor mode & see if I cant do a bit better. Great game, great story line.
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts." - William Shakespeare

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

ultra magnus

Post by ultra magnus » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Purchased it today. Played a bit. Overall still really liking it other than the controls being a bit overly finicky sometimes.

PlugUgly

Post by PlugUgly » Tue May 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Is this game only available for download? Or can you buy a disk copy of it?

driftking777
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD (2004), RE 1 -3.

Post by driftking777 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:15 pm

DL only. sucks but at least it cheaper that way, as long as you have a connection to the internet.
Lucas_061287 wrote:I know this much- 1/2" recoil pad on a .375H&H is about as useful as putting inflatable floaties on a Ford Crown Vic loaded with bags of sand that you intend on driving into a lake.

PlugUgly

Post by PlugUgly » Wed May 09, 2012 6:57 am

But then...do you need an xbox live account?? The reason I ask is because at the moment I live in a very VERY rural place, but will be moving soon. I never had much experience with the whole interwebz xbox thing.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Wed May 09, 2012 8:27 am

All you need to downoad the game is an Xbox live Silver account (which is free) and access to the web. Pending internet speed, it may take awhile for the download to complete. Once your Silver accoun is established, sign in at the Xbox dashboard by pressing the center button on your controller and selecting "Sign In". Then head over to "marketplace" and just follow the tabs. You'll reach it.
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

Blitzen2k5

Post by Blitzen2k5 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:19 am

Ok this game is cool. Really nicely done. Now Ubisoft needs to take it to the beginning and make a game starting at the start of a world wide disaster and bugging out...

Blitz
Looking down at this barren land once known as home before. Destruction, all the world. It's an ending we have brought.
Wyatt Earth Lyrics

All the evil in the world can be seen in the eyes of a chicken.

colemoge
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004), 28 Days & Weeks Later

Post by colemoge » Wed May 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Will be getting this one
Those fighters with no losses on thier records are obviously fighting the wrong opponents.

PlugUgly

Post by PlugUgly » Thu May 10, 2012 8:21 am

Molon Labe wrote:All you need to downoad the game is an Xbox live Silver account (which is free) and access to the web. Pending internet speed, it may take awhile for the download to complete. Once your Silver accoun is established, sign in at the Xbox dashboard by pressing the center button on your controller and selecting "Sign In". Then head over to "marketplace" and just follow the tabs. You'll reach it.
Thanks a million!!

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”