What are you playing?

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Re: What are you playing?

Post by DJH » Tue May 29, 2012 7:58 am

Rev wrote:I've been playing Fallen Earth a little. It's interesting and not computer intensive in the slightest.
Seen that one a while back, and now checked it out again... says "Free to Play" - interesting. I may try it out now.

I have a real problem with games that I buy charging me even more to play them by the month, seems wrong to me.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Tue May 29, 2012 11:54 am

Skyrim.

I am lost in the world of Tamriel. :gonk:
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

Smü
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Videotape of my 13th birthday ...

Post by Smü » Wed May 30, 2012 2:13 am

Played Call Of Duty: MW3 for 3 hours yesterday. Feels like being part in a Bruckheimer movie rather than playing a game.
"Never use actual experience within an internet debate."
- Woods Walker

If you find typos, you may keep 'em.

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Wed May 30, 2012 10:59 am

Smü wrote:Played Call Of Duty: MW3 for 3 hours yesterday. Feels like being part in a Bruckheimer movie rather than playing a game.
One does not play a COD game anymore so much as watch it.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

Steve74
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004), Walking Dead show

Post by Steve74 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:37 pm

PC, Fallout 1-2-3. (Ghouls are like zombies, right? :mrgreen: )

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Steve74 wrote:PC, Fallout 1-2-3. (Ghouls are like zombies, right? :mrgreen: )
I always thought so. lol

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 pm

The Witcher 2 is awesome .

It is like an old school RPG before they dumbed them down for 12 year olds with ADD.
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

US_Army_Z28

Post by US_Army_Z28 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Played the witcher 2 for a little bit couldnt gget into like i thought i would. Recent games for me have been(all that follow are 360) skyrim, forza 4, prototype2, minecraft, tom clancys ghost recon future soldier, and planning to get dragons dogma in the near future. I start work at gamestop on tuesday lol
maldon007 wrote:
My thoughts are, super zombie, whatever it is, sounds stupid, and you should leave Storm Crow's thread before he forges your skull into something useful

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:41 pm

ARMA 2 and the DayZ mod.

DayZ is fun, but man as a social experiment it is hilarious. People being murdered left and right for no better reason then "hey may have saw us, we can't have him following us" :shock:

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:45 pm

Sckitzo wrote:ARMA 2 and the DayZ mod.

DayZ is fun, but man as a social experiment it is hilarious. People being murdered left and right for no better reason then "hey may have saw us, we can't have him following us" :shock:
Hey. It's true... and two people said it was okay! :D
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Czechnology wrote:

dude I was so drunk that I freaked the hell out, I had no idea Wtf was going on just that people were shooting and screaming and TS was going nuts lol

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Dogan wrote:Skyrim.

I am lost in the world of Tamriel. :gonk:
But I can craft potions with 600-800 percent profits with the right enchantments.

And why are giants and Charus's harder to kill than dragons?
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:33 pm

Sckitzo wrote:
Czechnology wrote:

dude I was so drunk that I freaked the hell out, I had no idea Wtf was going on just that people were shooting and screaming and TS was going nuts lol
I might have to get drunk before I play the game next, so I'm less nervous. I creep the fuck out whenever I'm playing. Actually my paranoia increases when I'm playing with people, it's like when I'm flying solo my life doesn't matter at all, but with a buddy I fucking hate dying, because I feel like I'm punking out.
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:27 am

You gotta find that magic level, get to wasted and your a liability, but it does help with the paranoia :lol:

spacetyrant

Post by spacetyrant » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Diablo III for now, but ARMA II with the DayZ mod is on deck (and installed).

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:56 pm

----------------------------------Begin Transmission-----------------------------

SSBoYXZlIGFjcXVpcmVkIG9uZSBleHRyYSBjbG9zZWQgYmV0YSBrZXkgZm9yIFRoZSBTZ
WNyZXQgV29ybGQuIElmIHlvdSBhcmUgaW50ZXJlc3RlZCBwbGVhc2UgbWFrZSBzdXJlIHl
vdXIgc3lzdGVtIGNhbiBoYW5kbGUgaXQgYW5kIHRoZW4gc2VuZCBtZSBhIFBNIHdpdGggd
GhlIHdvcmRzIENPREUtWi4gRmlyc3QgUE0gZ2V0cyBpdC4=

----------------------------------End Transmission-------------------------------

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by DJH » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Hey Spacetyrant, I thought this might excite you a bit...

http://www.razerzone.com/artemis

...it's designed for a very specific upcoming game release... :twisted:

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 am

Kommander wrote:----------------------------------Begin Transmission-----------------------------

SSBoYXZlIGFjcXVpcmVkIG9uZSBleHRyYSBjbG9zZWQgYmV0YSBrZXkgZm9yIFRoZSBTZ
WNyZXQgV29ybGQuIElmIHlvdSBhcmUgaW50ZXJlc3RlZCBwbGVhc2UgbWFrZSBzdXJlIHl
vdXIgc3lzdGVtIGNhbiBoYW5kbGUgaXQgYW5kIHRoZW4gc2VuZCBtZSBhIFBNIHdpdGggd
GhlIHdvcmRzIENPREUtWi4gRmlyc3QgUE0gZ2V0cyBpdC4=

----------------------------------End Transmission-------------------------------
Damnit Kommander, don't tell me to check a thread then make it in code :lol:
DJH wrote:Hey Spacetyrant, I thought this might excite you a bit...

http://www.razerzone.com/artemis

...it's designed for a very specific upcoming game release... :twisted:

Ohh shit, MWO? Is there a release date for it yet?

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:39 am

The code is not that hard,in fact it's quite easy compared to some of the other stuff I have been recently doing in game.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:13 am

Kommander wrote:The code is not that hard,in fact it's quite easy compared to some of the other stuff I have been recently doing in game.
Damnit man, trying to enjoy a beer and game of thrones, but now its going to drive me nuts :gonk:

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:25 am

I will give you all a hint, well several since I still have gotten no response. First there is a prize involved, perhaps I should have made that clear from the beginning. You will get something if you decode the message. Second the code is...well it's not a proper cipher or anything and can be solved easily using your computer. No need for Bletchley Park on this one.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:54 am

Kommander wrote:I will give you all a hint, well several since I still have gotten no response. First there is a prize involved, perhaps I should have made that clear from the beginning. You will get something if you decode the message. Second the code is...well it's not a proper cipher or anything and can be solved easily using your computer. No need for Bletchley Park on this one.
Lemme take a look at it sober. I can see it wanting to form words, just not there yet.

Mbelasko12

Post by Mbelasko12 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Mech Warrior Online has early access as of July 17th, you can buy the access package as of June 19th
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/05/22/m ... -july-17th" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://ca.ign.com/games/mechwarrior/pc-18954" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
check out the videos

tazmanny

Post by tazmanny » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 pm

0122358 wrote:kind of off topic...but how much would it cost to build a great gaiming computer...like the ability to play Arma 2 and newer games, as well as future pc games...and the ability to support mod...ive heard of guys building them for 6-800 bucks...doable?
Before going any further. The first thing to consider is: Do you have any recyclable computer parts such as Hard Drives, Video Cards, Power Supply units, Ram, DVD RW+ Burner/Players or CPU cooling system?

I saw you were asked already about your Monitor, Keyboard and mouse.

I will assume you currently have a laptop with no peripherals or maybe just a monitor/lcd tv. (I kind of take for granted that you have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, or know how to get it)
It can be purchased here if you cant get it from a friend or something. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit: $190
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... No=5213938" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I would recommend you to buy:
1 - A CPU (processor) with 4 or more cores (AMD are cheaper and better for gaming in some cases)
2 - A power supply over 700 watts (this way as you go adding stuff to the computer your power supply will not need to be replaced)
3 - A Video Card (forget about playing video games with good quality just off the default motherboard video chip)
4 - A good motherboard (preferably one with 2 PCI EXPRESS slots. This way you can add a 2nd video card in SLI mode in the future)
5 - 6-8 GB ram minimum (Most computers come with 4gb, but are expandable to 16gb or 32gb. Make sure you leave room for growth if you go with the default 4gb, just in case.)
6 - 2 Hard Drives. (1 hard drive should be your operating system, and the other can hold all your data. You can even mirror them and wont have to worry if your OS gets corrupted)
7 - CPU cooling. Corsair offers some good products, but the prices can break your budget
8 - DVD/CD RW+. With this you can install your windows and burn movies. lol

*** Do not bother overclocking, it can cause more damage than it is worth. ***

I believe in buying a computer once every 5 years or later. Technology advances right, but if you build a good computer, it is highly unlikely that it will need to be replaced in less than 5 years.

Here is what I would do with a Budget of $600.00

Awesome bundle for $553 (Computer case may be too small causing heating problems with default cpu cooler)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... u=B69-0558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Free shipping on orders over $100
- There I got you an awesome gaming rig that will last you 10 years or more. Currently no game can fully take advantage of 3 cores. This setup offers you 8 cores at 3.0 ghz.That is one fast pc, and it has room to add a 2nd video card in crossfire mode.

- I do advise you to find better cooling though. I don't think that OEM cpu cooler is going to keep your pc running at healthy temperatures. This is where the budget gets stretched. You need good cooling for gaming computers if you are going to push them. I got myself a V6 cooler that works fine for my 6 cores, but dont know how good it would hold against an 8 core cpu. The build above will score a 5.8 on Windows Experience Index because of the Hard Drive is not a Solid Slate Hard Drive. Almost everything else will score 7.2 or better, but since they give you a score based on the slowest component, you will get 5.8.

My pc is pretty much the same as the build I have proposed to you. I couldn't be happier, and I have only 6 cores. I would be thrilled if I had gotten the 8 core instead. I just didn't see a good deal for it when I went shopping.

Corsair CWCH100 Hydro H100 CPU Liquid Cooler $115
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... u=C13-2100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IF you already have a computer case, power supply, or video card. Just go to the listings above and find the specific parts listed. Buy only what you need, and you will spend considerably less. Remember, most games today use at most 1 full core, and half the second core. The programming is not as advance as to fully take advantage of all available cores. Video cards make much more of a difference when playing games. A Quad Core will work as good as an 8 core will for you at this time. However, as technology advances, we might start witnessing impressing games demaning much more than what a 2 core or 4 core cpu can offer.

Back on topic. I miss good old racing games (free) that offer Pink Slip, Drag Racing, street racing and not just circuit races that get insanely repetitive. Need for Speed World had it good for some time, until hackers got out of hand. The game also has big flaws such as the 240 being able to beat almost any car on the game. I have one, that is how I know. Anyone got any good free pc games that do not require too much grinding and the pvp is decent enough?

Currently I play:
- League of Legends
- World of Tanks
- Blacklight Retribution
- World of Warplanes (waiting on this one to come out)

Looking for:
- Airplane wars
- Car racing
- PVP without having to farm levels for 2 years.
https://sites.google.com/site/simunomicsguide
Can you beat a Business Simulation game if you played against real people?

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”