The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Molon Labe

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Molon Labe » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:21 pm

FUCK YOU Todd Howard!! I will eat your god damned face if I ever meet you!!

I am so sick of every other mother fucker in this game being clocked as unkillable. I wiped out the DB, and was on my jolly fucking way to do the same to a certain guild, but nope. Game said, HAHAHAHAHA Go Fuck Yourself With A Nailbat You Retard.
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:24 pm

Yea that is pretty funny! I always set out to do something and end up doing some other shit on the way. I haven't completed a quest in 12 hours but I've cleared about 10 dungeons/mines/whatthefuck ever

Spoiler below?

whatever. Im in the dwarf castle deal north east of whiterun. only level 17 and getting my ass handed to me by falmers. I might have to warp out of there. What blows is I'm killing them but they are KILLING my companion beyond her ability to recover. She's carrying half my shit! I think I have 100# of potions of stamina not doing anything for me. All the vendors in whiterun are out of gold, need to find a new town to sell in. This game is crack. Im going to play now. sigh.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Hollowpoint26
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead 1990, Dawn of the Dead

Post by Hollowpoint26 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:11 am

TheLastOne wrote:
Yea that is pretty funny! I always set out to do something and end up doing some other shit on the way. I haven't completed a quest in 12 hours but I've cleared about 10 dungeons/mines/whatthefuck ever

Spoiler below?

whatever. Im in the dwarf castle deal north east of whiterun. only level 17 and getting my ass handed to me by falmers. I might have to warp out of there. What blows is I'm killing them but they are KILLING my companion beyond her ability to recover. She's carrying half my shit! I think I have 100# of potions of stamina not doing anything for me. All the vendors in whiterun are out of gold, need to find a new town to sell in. This game is crack. Im going to play now. sigh.
You could just wait a couple days in game time and they will have gold again. I am level 34 with 30,000g :D
Semper Paratus
Leadership is influencing people by providing purpose, direction, and motivation while operating to accomplish the mission and improving the organization.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:44 am

The real life >>Fus Ro Dah<< machine.
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Well I got to the end of that dwarven castle and found out I needed an item from a quest I don't have to open the last doohickey.

Glad to know the vendors recover gold. I have a ton of crap to sell sitting in the chest in my shack in whiterun.

In other news, found my first dragon priest. I kicked the dragon's ass faster than the other two I killed. Thought it was too easy. That priest popped out his coffin and worked me over first time through. Pretty neat character modeling on those things!

Went to see whitebeards. Ended up hopping up the mountain. Friggin trolls and bears were destroying me and just plain frustrating. I think I need to start duel wielding or go to the wizard college to get my left hand some higher spells.

Also elven bow of burning is my new best bud.
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:33 am

I've been leveling rather slowly for the amount of hours I've been putting in. Just got smithing to 100 and now my Two Moons Blessing pair (set of Skyforge steel swords ramped up to legendary plus the Lunar forge enchantment) are dealing 75 damage each + 21% one handed ring booster + 18 fire damage during the nights hours. My dual wielding homey is a blood stained hurricane of rage and fire. Ancient dragons are still giving me a challenge too, loving it. Elder dragons too, but not as much. Oh, and my "Mid-night Flame" (ebony bow with 15 fire ramped to Epic) is taking frost trolls with one shot while sneaked and x3 perk crit.

The "A Night to Remember" quest is borked six ways from Sunday if one has ADD when out exploring. Finally finished it, but the end was like, "Okay, who are you and WTF are you talking about?" So be careful if someone challenges you to a drinking contest.

Oh, and I finally shot a hawk out of mid-air with my bow. I was crying tears of liquid malevolence as I wasted arrow after arrow trying to lead my target right. It seems that all of the NPC arrows fly realistically but the PC's arrows have the flight speed of a kite. Oh, and arrows have a habit of going straight thru your target if you're more than a set distance away (it wasn't the arc of travel either, if I could record and post a video I would.) That also was giving me a aneurysm while I invented a few swear words, trying to be all "hidden sure shot" from the trees at night. Mistwatch was a perfect location for this approach, but my arrows became intangible after a certain distance. I actually watched a couple go straight thru the guard's back and alert him to the ground in front of him :evil:

Found out what's wrong with my Lydia, it appears that followers "even though they level up with you, their stats remain the same as when you first took them on." Which is the same as "THEY DON"T FUCKING LEVEL THEN, YOU MUDCRAB RAPING FUCKTARD!!" You'd think that after so many years of BS excuses they'd finally say, "Yep, we stepped on our dicks. We'll get on that for the next patch."

Well over 130 hours of playing and only 1 corrupt save and 5 freezes. I have got to say that this is the most stable TES game I have ever played, so all the "pissing/moaning" I do is well over shadowed by the awesomeness.

Hey, guy above me that's having trouble getting the the throat of the world (who's name I can't remember. . . Trolls are very quick to take down with the right enchantments "Kill it with FIRE".

I'm loving the racism I've been getting by certain people for being a Dunmer. I can't wait for my second character who'll be Khajit.

[edit] I just noticed that I've only been approached 3 times when out on the road for radiant story quests (not counting the prisoner transfers and Thalmor hit squads and DB assassins, but the DB stopped now as I wiped them out "Ha, ha, now I've got the cool armour that I replaced with legendary leather plus enchantments for destruction and majicka regen.) That enchantment only counts as one enchantment because I broke down a set of robes that had it. I can still enchant it a second time for a possible 4 enchantments W00T.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:21 am

yea I'll give my new elf bow o fire a try on those snow trolls. I think my main problem is I'm still using fire majik in my left hand that is only 8pts + catch on fire damage. I need to get to the university of wizards next play session to see whats up.

Def most stable/least buggy bethesda game I've played too. My only problem is my stupid new dell keeps trying to backup data and sends me to desktop. I got it to quit auto updating, which does a restart with no input from me (like, hey, the computer just turned off). now it just sends me to desktop in the middle of battles rather than shutting down. Gotta find and nuke that program. Backup goes to outside hd anyway.

SO MUCH FUN! best game I've bought in many years. Also the first rpg I feel like I'm excited to roll another char and do it all again. lvl22 now!
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:06 pm

There are perks in the destruction tree that doubles your fire damage output, same with enchanting. For role playing purposes, my half Dunmer half Nord bastard (Ashling the Bastard as he was called in his orphanage back in Slothesim) inherited his Father's magical mastery over frost (lore driven Nordic ability) but his Dunmer blood changed it to something similar but over Fire instead. So, I've been putting perks into everything related to fire damage and magicka reduction involving it. My flamethrower spell (gout of fire at 8pts damage pers second) is now doing 23 points of damage per second for about the third of the cost (3magicka a sec.) It's all in the build, and I'm not even trying to powerplay. I'm just roleplaying a character who's a Nord/Dunmer hybrid (Nord structured jaw/chin and Dunmer everything else. . . except his hair which is honey brown which he must keep covered less his Dunmer cousins see his mixed blood and resent him just as much as your average Nord.)

What, this is a role playing game so I'm MF roleplaying. 8-)

USMCSergeant

Post by USMCSergeant » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:19 am

Molon Labe, dude, you have THE most hilarious reviews of this game. You should have your own thread

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:33 pm

The "Slow Time" shout at level 3 is the "I Win" button if you dual wield. Also, if you focus the right type of destruction build you can fire off Fireballs like a semi-auto cannon of FFFFUUUUUU! It looked like I was simply throwing blasts of explosive hate as fast as he could punch. It's hard to get the timing right for that though, and aiming is out the window. It's more like an, "Expend all rounds at these coordinates," style of casting. I can imagine the archmage teaching it like this, "You see that guy? Fuck him and everyone near him."

Did some reading, in game (the books in game that I've been collecting for my houses) and have stumbled across some neat little info-bits on our rebel rouser. Came to the decision that Ulfric is NOT as just as he makes himself out to be. So I decided to start officially helping the Empire, while still freeing Stormcloak soldiers from prisoner transfers. An Anti-hero if you will.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Also, the new patch "v1.2" is borked for A LOT of players. Dragons flying backwards, house mannequins deciding that they're sick of just standing around, magic/disease/elemental resistances are gone. Yea...

I, thankfully, have not run into these, minus the resistances being gone. No racial bonus resistances, no enchanted armor resistances, even though they still show up in "active effects" they don't work.) I know this to be true because I killed a flame atronach with a flames spells. This resistance bug is across the board, so check your own (test it like I did as fire atro. are 100% resistant to fire attacks.)

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:32 pm

W000T!!11!

I just found a use for the charcoal that isn't related to a certain quest. It's a darned good use too. Mwuahahahahaha!

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:54 pm

Hmmm thought I was unaffected by the bugs but I guess not. My Enchanted stuff isnt buffing me like it should. have 2 + 39 % one handed enchants that arnt raising my Dam :: Do they have a work around?
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:40 pm

So I "accidentally" found out this is under the tree for me this Christmas........any advice to starting out? I'll be on the 360.....any like path or skill tree that would be good to start out on?

driftking777
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD (2004), RE 1 -3.

Post by driftking777 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:03 pm

I dont think there is necessarily a "proper" way to play this game, more of how you want to experience the game. I personally am playing the game mostly on the warrior side of things with a side of magic. Trying to play as the "nice guy" also. My stats are mostly being raised evenly.
Lucas_061287 wrote:I know this much- 1/2" recoil pad on a .375H&H is about as useful as putting inflatable floaties on a Ford Crown Vic loaded with bags of sand that you intend on driving into a lake.

driftking777
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD (2004), RE 1 -3.

Post by driftking777 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:03 pm

BTW is there a cap on leveling? i know some games have them. im hoping there is not. (btw i play on ps3 if that matters)
Lucas_061287 wrote:I know this much- 1/2" recoil pad on a .375H&H is about as useful as putting inflatable floaties on a Ford Crown Vic loaded with bags of sand that you intend on driving into a lake.

jppd47

Post by jppd47 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:58 pm

spill the charcoal beans!!!!

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:48 am

I'll give you a hint, it's used with something else at the atronach forge.

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:23 am

I pity the falmer, but what can you do? Though for my orc warrior doing battle with them in the deep places of the world is glorious. I also like the images their war with the dwemer invoke.

This is a very well written game.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Bout 90 hours in at level 43 . Sneaky Nord archer/dual wield guy .

Loving it so far . Companions , Brotherhood and Thieves done . Started Mages and Stormcloaks , barely touched the main quest.

Think I am going to take a break from running quests and just wander around for a while .

Been rocking Nightingale armor , ebony sword enchanted with paralyze along with the blade of woe and a daedric bow for quite a while now . Great combo .
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:20 pm

to the above asking who to play: just get in and go man. It's not hard to switch around a bit, you'll find somehting you like. You'll likely play this thing through more than once I imagine too.

The new patch on pc seems to have borked my graphics more than anything. At first I thought the resolution went up, but now it seems more like my field of view has been narrowed. The map seems different too and less easily navigated. Hadn't played in a week (toooorture, work blows), so I might be imagining all of this.

Now at lvl 28, about 42 hours in. Not much done, ha. Have goal of getting to thieves to get that started, tried out a bit at the wiz college and got bored just listening to that crap. Committed to dropping magic for the most part and getting into duel wield with my archery. Sneak is up to about 75, same with smith. Going heavy armor, dabbling in alch and will eventually get enchant up when I can make armor worth the trouble. I love sneakin and stealing. Sniping with my bow is way too much fun too. Eliminated problems with enemies kickin the crap out of me, and I'm doing much better battle-wise now.

Had epic rage tonight as I had limited play time and realized my friggin companion was stuck/wouldn't follow. Ended up fast traveling to fix. Was pissed since I soloed a damn dragon and a few bears before I found her stupid ass and figured out a fix. On my way to Riften now to get my thief on!
Team Beards&Irons 2013

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:10 am

i havent played since the + and Resists stopped working. Its just not worth it. My character went from captain Bad ass to Pvt pukewad over night.
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:01 pm

docdredd wrote:i havent played since the + and Resists stopped working. Its just not worth it. My character went from captain Bad ass to Pvt pukewad over night.
Weird as it may seem, my elemental resistance un-borked itself after getting married to Mjoll the Lioness. Well, not completely, but damn near. I tested it by casting Flames at a summoned fire atronach and we couldn't kill each other (dunmer fire resistance). Fixed "no", but slightly alleviated. It may have something to do with the character stat reset due to the additional "married" script being activated. Not a code writer so I don't know.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:33 pm

what about weapon stat bumps? I have 2 +40 percent one handed items that are useless ..... makes me a sad panda..
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”