The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Lynxian wrote:People: place spoiler warnings!

Not just in regard to the story, but also certain gameplay elements. I just found out some things I would've found cooler to find out by just playing the game.
Such as? I didn't see anything to bad not in spoilers.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:20 pm

Sckitzo wrote:
Lynxian wrote:People: place spoiler warnings!

Not just in regard to the story, but also certain gameplay elements. I just found out some things I would've found cooler to find out by just playing the game.
Such as? I didn't see anything to bad not in spoilers.
Besides if you are that worried about spoilers, then reading a thread about the game probably isnt a great idea :lol:
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:22 am

So after making somewhere around 700 Iron Daggers/Leather Helms & Bracers, I finally made some dragon scale armor. Pop a potion and wear any jewlery you have for smithing, it boosts you over 100. BUT, it's sorta sucks. It has a great armor rating (chest is 174 at lvl 30) but you can't disenchant faction armor (like DB, Thieves Guild) who seem to give the best enchanted armor. So if you can upgrade it I imagine it's going to be awesome, but I doubt we'll find things like double damage and weapon % boosts on looted armor or armor for sale. At least I never seem to.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:13 am

picked it up based on this thread the other day, haven't had much time to play. Got through the intro and then headed up the mountain to the dungeon with the bandits and golden claw. Based on the little time I've played, I think it's pretty awesome. I usually don't like rpgs, hated oblivion and really only like fallout because at least I get guns. This one is pretty fun though and seems to have less of the crap I hated about oblivion (i got raped by a random spawn about 4 hours in that would spawn on me no matter which direction I went from my last save. Totally turned me off from the game).

I don't have the time to probably play this for 100 hours, but I plan on playing it quite a bit! I like making sneaky characters and thieves, which tends to be a horrible idea in rpgs for the most part I've found, but with the better hybrid combat system, I'm doing better.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Chase The hero

Post by Chase The hero » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:21 am

YAY! i managed to get a copy to play, and IT WORKS ON MY COMPUTER! :shock: that baing said, i have to run it on the lowest settings, borrow my roomates mouse, wait for 5 minutes for areas to load and put up with the lag after everything i do in game. BUT ITS WORTH IT. Im just glad i had my tests earlier this week or i would have never studied for them :lol:
Kommander wrote:
Hoot Harrington wrote:Kids, pizzas, same thing.
Well they are both tasty
RickOShea wrote: there are only three kinds of snake that I don't like: live ones, dead ones and sticks that look like snakes.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Chase The hero wrote:YAY! i managed to get a copy to play, and IT WORKS ON MY COMPUTER! :shock: that baing said, i have to run it on the lowest settings, borrow my roomates mouse, wait for 5 minutes for areas to load and put up with the lag after everything i do in game. BUT ITS WORTH IT. Im just glad i had my tests earlier this week or i would have never studied for them :lol:
We ran into this issue with my wifes comp, she had a decent prebuilt but it had a POS integrated GPU. I had given my buddy my old 8800 GS card and a 500w PSU, snagged them back to test and the game runs amazing now. With black friday coming up if your looking to upgrade this may be the time.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Sckitzo wrote: but I doubt we'll find things like double damage and weapon % boosts on looted armor or armor for sale. At least I never seem to.
not true, I found two different enchants that do damage increases, both of which were for 1 handed weapons. a necklace that does + 30 and a ring with a +20 %

One thing that im questioning is does the extra percentage matter at over 100% ? I have 5 grand soul gems that I want to enchant a blacksmith suit of armor with but Im scared to waste them,..... I may just make a game save and then try making weapons with and with out them equipped....
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:23 am

docdredd wrote:
Sckitzo wrote: but I doubt we'll find things like double damage and weapon % boosts on looted armor or armor for sale. At least I never seem to.
not true, I found two different enchants that do damage increases, both of which were for 1 handed weapons. a necklace that does + 30 and a ring with a +20 %

One thing that im questioning is does the extra percentage matter at over 100% ? I have 5 grand soul gems that I want to enchant a blacksmith suit of armor with but Im scared to waste them,..... I may just make a game save and then try making weapons with and with out them equipped....
I tested it out on my dragon armor, this is for smithing but may work

I made one suit, it was at 148, then I put a ring on that boosted it by 20% and a potion that I think was another 20%, it made the armor 178.

I can't remember if this was stock or upgraded, it may have been the final upgraded number for both.

As for finding stuff... man I must just suck :lol: but I got lucky with all my dragon fights sans like 2, they'd always attack cities I was in.

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:48 am

Yeah, one of the dragons I just killed attacked me while I was in a city. I came back later questing around after I had killed it and there was a big round circle of potions and crap on the ground, I guess the alchemist bit the dust in one of the random attacks. I love that. It also explains why his store was empty and I could just loot everything.

I'm going to put all my pots in my house, I imagine I'm carrying 75# at least of them. I need to just get a few out and come back and refill when necessary. My blacksmithing is at 85, I'm almost to dragon armor, woo.
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:19 pm

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-personali ... deal-with/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Made me :lol:

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:35 am

yeah just took 4 grand soul gems and made a smithing outfit. Bracers, ring, necklace and clothes all at +20 % .. a simple steel dagger now does 45 points of damage :shock: .... Im going to try a glass sword tomorrow but it is far past bedtime.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:43 pm

SPOILERS!!!! BELOW!!!!

For those of you that played the Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion--- Looks like the Champion of Cyrodil (aka The Hero of Kvatch) has settled into his role as the new Mad God "Sheogorath" quite well. I now it's him because he makes references to being there when Martin went and became a holy dragon avatar of Akatosh, the Grey Fox, the severed head of whatshisnutz's mother and how the tname of "Sheogorath" was passed down from himself to himself (Madgod to Madgod ---- becoming the new Sheogorath.)

He has some good quotes too. :lol:
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:58 pm

All I do now is work, play skyrim and sleep. more skyrim then sleep, I even play at work while on cq....I dont know how long I can go on like this.. I hope to have my sneak high enough to get a 15x dam mod for daggers tonight. I have been back stabbing like a boss!

Off to skyrim!

Miss you guys but I have new Nord friends.
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:48 am

gravediggerfour wrote:All I do now is work, play skyrim and sleep. more skyrim then sleep, I even play at work while on cq....I dont know how long I can go on like this.. I hope to have my sneak high enough to get a 15x dam mod for daggers tonight. I have been back stabbing like a boss!

Off to skyrim!

Miss you guys but I have new Nord friends.
Backstab is so OP, I killed a Giant in one shot :lol:

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:17 am

Well I don't care who you are, if someone sneaks up behind you and shoves 20inches of skyforge steel thru your back and out your chest. . . that's it dude, game over. All else can be roleplayed away, but that is pretty much a game ender. Kinda wish that if an NPC successfully sneaks up on you then they could do it. That'd be awesome.

Is it just me, or does it look as if someone mistook the cooking pot for a chamber pot? Doesn't matter whether I'm making roasted rabbit or venison stew, it looks like I'm stirring some chunky runs. AND WHY THE OBLIVION CAN I NOT MAKE SOME GORRAM BAKED POTATOES?!?! Oh, and you can't cook dogmeat either.
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:37 am

My clothes needz more cow bell. I am severely lacking in pouches and satchels for shit carrying. Though I am likeing my dark brotherhood gear. And to think, the only person I had to kill to wear my very own set, was the bitch who was wearing it before me. The dark brotherhood is no more in Skyrim. Their sanctum is bathed in the blood of murderers.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:10 am

yeah the back stab + dark brotherhood gloves + assassins blade (x15 dagger perk) = x30 multiplier.... I have been waiting for this for YEARS...... makes my sneak character a match for those heavy armor wearing orcs with war hammers...
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Molon Labe wrote:My clothes needz more cow bell. I am severely lacking in pouches and satchels for shit carrying. Though I am likeing my dark brotherhood gear. And to think, the only person I had to kill to wear my very own set, was the bitch who was wearing it before me. The dark brotherhood is no more in Skyrim. Their sanctum is bathed in the blood of murderers.
It was a odd twist on DB, but I liked it, especially how it played out.

And I stabbed a GIANT...in the LEG, if Dragons weren't able to detect me so easy I imagine I could one shot them as well.

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:21 pm

I back stabbed a dragon that was sleeping, I made it very angry...
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:20 am

im about 20 min away from being able to double enchant items ..... I have an entire set of light dragon scale armor thats getting +32 % damage to one handed and archery .... now if only it came in black..... :lol:
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:19 am

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

Just found a rather sad story of events that unfolded in one of the Northern lighthouses. That scenic story telling that Beth did in Fallout 3 carried over quite well in this location. Creepy atmosphere too. One has to really pay attention to detail to get the whole story. I knew something was awry even when I first pulled up to it on my horse, but I never would have guessed what laid just inside. I was all, "Just another savage race of semi-intelligent creatures, maybe they'll come around in another thousand years." But now I have no qualms on the idea of wiping out every man, woman, and child of the Falmer species. They're like rabid goblins except they don't shit on the carpet as much. Fuck'em. I roleplay the idea of roasting every crib filled tent with as much regard to the preciousness of life as a serial arsonist, magic flamethrower style. Still trying to find a use for the charrus chitin though.

[edit] Uhh. . . why is it that my Skyforge steel daggers are not showing up on the list for upgrading at the grindstone?? It's the only weapon I know of that doesn't even show up as an option to improve. Oh, and one doesn't need any type of ingot to improve the Blade of Woe. Pretty sure it was supposed to be ebony, judging by the shape of it, but oh well. It's a roleplaying game, so I'll just roleplay it. Like torching Falmer tents with their young still inside., what ever gets me thru the day. In any case, I was really hoping to dual wield 2 skyforge daggers (upgarded to legendary of course) as the visual aesthetics of the steel dagger makes me want to go all McStabbity Stabbstabb on people. I thought NPC's were walking around with shortswords on there belts, but they were just steel daggers. Those things are really long compared to any other type of dagger and they would suit my character's style very well. [/edit]

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:23 am

Does Lydia favour one-handed weapons or two-handed? I can't tell, so I have her rocking an ebony axe and shield (with Dawnbreaker as her back up.) She really seems to work well with axe and shield, but she'll sometimes equip a two-handed weapon as well at random times. Figured someone with the game guide to enlighten as to the answer.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:44 pm

MOLON : yeah I found that light house yesterday...... Did you carry out his last wishes? its nice if you did.

I have pretty much ditched all weapons other than my bow and two sets of two enchanted glass daggers. One set in fire damage and one set in cold damage, and I have taken the dual wielding path.

RANT: ok one of the first mods I want is the ability to break down faction armor and "Unique" weapons .... I have come across an AWESOME set of heavy ebony armor that I got from a daedric quest that would BE PERFECT for a sneak type character BUT it is no available to be un enchanted. Same for a sword that I found that causes fire damage to undead and causes them to flee ......
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:14 pm

I'm dual wielding a matching set of Blades Katana I made called "Fang of the Dragon." Upgraded to lengendary and enchanted with 20pts fire on each, once I use the "Fuck yeah, I'mma swinging my swordz fast as shit!" shout then nothing can stand in my way. Giants, mammoths, your mom, no one stands a chance. Or so I thought. . . ran into another ancient dragon that was hiding on a out cropping of rock and frosted with snow (so the bastard blended in and ambushed me). Had my ass handed to me in a lunch box just before he kicked my dog and smacked Lydia around. Next time, I'm going Lycan on his ass.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”