The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 14171
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD
Location: Portland, OR

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by ninja-elbow » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm

I like the freeze the dude shout. Forgot what it's called. You can rush some semi-boss, freeze them and they take some damage to boot, kill the mooks while the semi-boss thaws out. I also use the run fast shout too.

I have not picked up any DLC's... and, frankly, have not played Skyrim since Dishonored came out last year. Should I just get all the DLC's (PS3)?
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

User avatar
DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:25 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero
Location: Rio Rancho, NM

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by DJH » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:59 pm

I'd say yes. The DLC's are a hell of a lot of fun, and I'm playing on PS3 as well and have yet to have any of the glitching I had on my first play thru. I think they've fixed it up nicely now.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

User avatar
Chris@MTCT
* * * * *
Posts: 3847
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:34 pm
Location: Spring,TX

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Chris@MTCT » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:30 pm

So I didnt realize how much I was missing out playing this on a laptop, my new computer runs it at max graphics level with breath taking results!

I also downloaded the Dawnguard DLC and started a completely new guy, Dark elf battle mage is what Im going for with this guy.

Question; Where do I find a crossbow???
Last edited by Chris@MTCT on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

User avatar
AKFTW
* * * * *
Posts: 4176
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:49 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!
Location: VT

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by AKFTW » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:02 pm

gravediggerfour wrote:So I didnt realize how much I was missing out playing this on a laptop, my new computer runs it at max graphics level with breath taking results!

I also downloaded the Dawnguard DLC and started a completely new gut, Dark elf battle mage is what Im going for with this guy.

Question; Where do I find a crossbow???
Only the Dawnguard sell them, but Durak, one of the Orcs outside Fort Dawnguard gives you one for free. There's also a sidequest line to improve the crossbows available. I have a Legendary Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow in my main file that does something like 144 damage per hit- before the sneak damage bonuses. I can snipe Giants and Dragons :clap:
docdredd wrote:those pandas need to harden the fuck up
Image

Image

User avatar
Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4938
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Dogan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:38 pm

AKFTW wrote:
gravediggerfour wrote:So I didnt realize how much I was missing out playing this on a laptop, my new computer runs it at max graphics level with breath taking results!

I also downloaded the Dawnguard DLC and started a completely new gut, Dark elf battle mage is what Im going for with this guy.

Question; Where do I find a crossbow???
Only the Dawnguard sell them, but Durak, one of the Orcs outside Fort Dawnguard gives you one for free. There's also a sidequest line to improve the crossbows available. I have a Legendary Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow in my main file that does something like 144 damage per hit- before the sneak damage bonuses. I can snipe Giants and Dragons :clap:
I... you may have just convinced me to dedicate more of my life to Skyrim. How the hll did I miss this???
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

User avatar
AKFTW
* * * * *
Posts: 4176
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:49 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!
Location: VT

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by AKFTW » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Dogan wrote:
AKFTW wrote:
gravediggerfour wrote:So I didnt realize how much I was missing out playing this on a laptop, my new computer runs it at max graphics level with breath taking results!

I also downloaded the Dawnguard DLC and started a completely new gut, Dark elf battle mage is what Im going for with this guy.

Question; Where do I find a crossbow???
Only the Dawnguard sell them, but Durak, one of the Orcs outside Fort Dawnguard gives you one for free. There's also a sidequest line to improve the crossbows available. I have a Legendary Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow in my main file that does something like 144 damage per hit- before the sneak damage bonuses. I can snipe Giants and Dragons :clap:
I... you may have just convinced me to dedicate more of my life to Skyrim. How the hll did I miss this???
It seriously does the most damage of any weapon in the game AFAIK. Most ranged damage anyhow. It's a little slow to reload but it's basically like a 20mm antimaterial rifle in a land of 5.56 carbines.
docdredd wrote:those pandas need to harden the fuck up
Image

Image

User avatar
Chris@MTCT
* * * * *
Posts: 3847
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:34 pm
Location: Spring,TX

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Chris@MTCT » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:59 am

Dawn guard, Check!
Crossbow, check!
Telling the vampire lord to #%€! Off. Check!

Love this game.

So the chick I have to talk to to get into the college of winter hold is not there due to the fact when I went there the first time some douche of a dragon attacked the town and she is gone.

How the heck do I get into the college??
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

User avatar
Chris@MTCT
* * * * *
Posts: 3847
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:34 pm
Location: Spring,TX

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Chris@MTCT » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:07 am

Well according to the skyrimwiki I'm never getting into to college of winterhold now do to the fact that if she disappears do to a dragon she won't come back.
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

User avatar
ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 14171
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD
Location: Portland, OR

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by ninja-elbow » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Just kill them all now.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

User avatar
TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 3210
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: CO

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by TheLastOne » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:56 pm

That sucks!!
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013
Image

User avatar
Chris@MTCT
* * * * *
Posts: 3847
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:34 pm
Location: Spring,TX

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Chris@MTCT » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:46 pm

I took the opportunity to start a really angry nord.

So angry that we slaughtered every whiterun guard during the storm cloak attack.

Imperials die on sight

[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/24/ebada9ep.jpg[/img]]
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

User avatar
TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 3210
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: CO

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by TheLastOne » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi

This game is all I do in my spare time now. WTF. Any time I get away from the gf I'm off destroying the Dark Brotherhood or pimp slapping dragons. Something like 103 hours played. I'm going to have to start over soon. I'm only level 43 or something but I kill the shit out of everything. I don't sneak much anymore and things generally don't get remotely dangerous unless my housebitch gets lost from me hopping mountains or something. It is nice as hell to one shot the damn snow trolls that fucked me up early on.

They making another one of these or what? :lol:
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013
Image

User avatar
spanningtree
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil
Location: LV,NV

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by spanningtree » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:18 pm

I have managed to keep myself limited to the weekend evenings. One of the best games ever, so immersive. Kinda finding my mage lacking though, if I don't have a follower I don't think I'd last long. Have to see how progression works.

User avatar
ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 14171
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD
Location: Portland, OR

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by ninja-elbow » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:04 pm

Got the Dragonborn DLC this weekend. Retired Old Rollo the Nord at level 60. Started Eve'Stroller the Dunmer sniper-mage of death!! Got killed by a bandit SW of Solitude. Then I had to eat dinner so I will begin that mission again. Awwww... the low levels when 2 bandits are scary :roll:
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

User avatar
Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 5576
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Sckitzo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:30 pm

ninja-elbow wrote:Got the Dragonborn DLC this weekend. Retired Old Rollo the Nord at level 60. Started Eve'Stroller the Dunmer sniper-mage of death!! Got killed by a bandit SW of Solitude. Then I had to eat dinner so I will begin that mission again. Awwww... the low levels when 2 bandits are scary :roll:
At least they ain't wearing Glass armor anymore :x

User avatar
docdredd
* * * * *
Posts: 2072
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by docdredd » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:01 pm

You know there are mods that fix that kind of thing right?
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.


Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

User avatar
ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 14171
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD
Location: Portland, OR

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by ninja-elbow » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Man... Low levels as a mage/archer dewd sucks.

I brought Ol' Rollo out of retirement and he's in the middle of the Dark Brotherhood path. Just killed Cicero and on to the next mission. The Emperor must die!!

I go back and fourth between the 2 characters but it's really hard as Rollo is 57th level and kind of hard to kill (Basher type, maxed out heavy armor and 2 handed, really high light armor, archery, dual wield). Eve'Stroller is 5th level and soft and squishy (archery, sneak, destruction and conjuration).

Anyone else get the staff called Sanguine Rose? Rollo has one and it is awesome.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

User avatar
docdredd
* * * * *
Posts: 2072
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by docdredd » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:40 pm

yeah low level mages are pretty damn near bandit chow. That get made up for at later levels when you walk into a room blink and everything before you bursts into flame....
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.


Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

User avatar
AKFTW
* * * * *
Posts: 4176
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:49 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!
Location: VT

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by AKFTW » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:43 pm

I have so far found it impossible to play a straight Mage character....I need to put at least some points into one handed because after that initial salvo of Fireballs or Chain Lightning, if they aren't sizzling on the floor I usually have to do some mop-up with a sword.
docdredd wrote:those pandas need to harden the fuck up
Image

Image

User avatar
docdredd
* * * * *
Posts: 2072
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by docdredd » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:46 pm

That where poison comes in... I keep a bunch of high lvl daggers coated with th enasties poisons I can make/ find just hit grab another hit and done.
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.


Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

User avatar
Confucius
* * * * *
Posts: 2788
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: The last, best place

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Confucius » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:07 pm

AKFTW wrote:I have so far found it impossible to play a straight Mage character....I need to put at least some points into one handed because after that initial salvo of Fireballs or Chain Lightning, if they aren't sizzling on the floor I usually have to do some mop-up with a sword.
Psh... Mop up with a war axe...

Of course I only recently got Skyrim and am like... Level 12 or 13...

Enjoying it though. Finding it hard to remember to actually end little quests though. I've probably got like a dozen little delivery quests waiting for me to go drop something off or talk to someone...

User avatar
TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 3210
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: CO

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by TheLastOne » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:17 pm

Confucius wrote:
AKFTW wrote:I have so far found it impossible to play a straight Mage character....I need to put at least some points into one handed because after that initial salvo of Fireballs or Chain Lightning, if they aren't sizzling on the floor I usually have to do some mop-up with a sword.
Psh... Mop up with a war axe...

Of course I only recently got Skyrim and am like... Level 12 or 13...

Enjoying it though. Finding it hard to remember to actually end little quests though. I've probably got like a dozen little delivery quests waiting for me to go drop something off or talk to someone...

:lol: just wait. Get up towards 50 and be killing something and get scared the shit out of when the quest complete sound comes up. You just completed some quest you started 40 levels ago! Ha
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013
Image

User avatar
TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 3210
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: CO

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by TheLastOne » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Still playing this shit!

I've dumped my lvl 40whatever since I finished the main story lines with it, for now.

Started a smarter version of the original (paring shit down to arch, sneak dude with enough smith and enchant and potion to whoop ass)

and a mage. Archer getting more time.


Still finding quests and areas I've never seen before even with 150 hrs or so in. Wild. I'll get the dlc stuff once I'm bored. Not sure if I want the house mod stuff, I've found whiterun is all I need. Smith next door, enchanter up the hill, alchemy in my house.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013
Image

User avatar
lailr
* * * *
Posts: 878
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 1:14 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by lailr » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Dragon born and dawnguard are both great! We need another DLC

Post Reply

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”