The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

docdredd

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by docdredd » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Im on a PC with maxed graphics........ its beautifulllllllllllll . I stared at a waterfall in a cave last night for at least 10 min.. :lol:
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Lynxian

Post by Lynxian » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:08 pm

basm wrote:Are the PC graphics any better than the Xbox? I watched some Xbox gameplay on YT and wasn't completely sold, the textures looked a little wonky and the toon's left hand when playing in FP mode was all bendy in weird places.
I'm playing on High Quality and they're pretty. Not to mention smooth: Strangely enough this is the most bug-free Elder Scrolls experience for me so far. This isn't to say there are no bugs whatsoever, but for a Bethesda game they're very low. ;)

So far I've had one crash to desktop (after about 2 hours of playing - haven't had it since and have been playing for longer) and just now went into some old ruin near Riften only to find extreme choppiness upon entering and leaving the tomb. Don't know what caused it, but the game - which runs as smooth as baby buttocks on High Quality on my PC - became unplayably stuttery. It stopped after entering the tomb, didn't seem to stop after leaving. Don't know what that's about, but it's the first real odd bug I've encountered so far.

Also, when people say 'oh, that road's pretty safe, only expect a wolf or so' then just treat it with the same caution as when someone says 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'. Sonofa--ICE TROLL *PLUNK*

Also, a minor hint: when you can do power attacks and killing moves, so can the other guy. *sniff*

Lastly: when walking from town A to town B, am I the only one who constantly leaves the road to explore whatever unexplored icon that pops up on my compass? "Right to town! Ooooh, look! A Cabin! A dungeon! An Imperial tent camp! A butterfly!"

It takes forever to travel this way. :P
Slow zombies, evidently...
That German Guy's Battalion commander wrote:"If someone breaks through the gate, we expect you to be on your third magazine by the time they get to the first road junction!"

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:58 pm

Yeah.... my wife is pulling me away for our Veterans day/ date night :)

I cant get any of my missions done because I keep running off on tangents . I chased a fox for MILESSSSS trying to kill the little dude so I could get his pelt on my wall at home
:lol:
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:34 am

I dont want to spoil anything..... but all i can say is Dark Brotherhood WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

U will not have been that weirded out EVER in a video game :shock:
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:11 am

Love the companion and DB quests, I'm lvl 16 and haven't touched the main story line since like lvl 4. You can put animal pelts on your house wall? How?

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:15 am

I just passed my 24th hour of play time according to steam. Not bad since the games only been out 2 days :lol:

As for the hide what I did was skin it then drop it in my house then arrange it with the grab key on my dresser.

I havent done any of the main quest after you get called to the gray beards.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Ahh bummer was hoping it would get tacked on the walls, also want some of the animal head busts things on my walls. I do love how now there are book shelves that you put books into and weapon mounts on the walls.

DO NOT put daggers on the weapon mounts though, they vanish :gonk:

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:45 pm

does any one else freak out everytime a bird casts a shadow on the ground.......
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Sckitzo wrote:Ahh bummer was hoping it would get tacked on the walls, also want some of the animal head busts things on my walls. I do love how now there are book shelves that you put books into and weapon mounts on the walls.

There's 2 types of weapon mounts though, racks and plaques. Which do they disappear from?
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Molon Labe wrote:
Sckitzo wrote:Ahh bummer was hoping it would get tacked on the walls, also want some of the animal head busts things on my walls. I do love how now there are book shelves that you put books into and weapon mounts on the walls.

There's 2 types of weapon mounts though, racks and plaques. Which do they disappear from?
Was that double one with the shield in your bedroom in the breezehome

Also, funny incident with Dark Brotherhood

SPOILERS

No really, I'm serious, spoilers, trying to keep it vague, but you'll know the part I'm talking about when I get to it. It's sorta funny.
I had just failed the second assassination in Solitude, the high profile one, as I'm fleeing for my life from the bodyguards when a lone city guard runs up and arrests me for...something. 1500 gold later I'm free and clear :lol:

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Anybody else actively hunting giants and mammoth?

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:09 pm

I've only fought one dragon so far. LOL
Kinda sad as I played for 23 hours straight after getting home after the mid-night release, played another 14 after waking up. Total quests completed = 9 (including miscellaneous but not the helgen intro.)

Got a fly bye from another, but that one just would not touch down. Thing was impossible to hit with an arrow as it kept changing it's flight path. It was so full of FAIL and Win at the same time. :lol:

Sent Lydia home and picked up a merc at a tavern in Markath after waking up there after a drinking contest 2 towns over (I'm not sure whether Lydia can die permanently yet so I'm giving her a rest..) I was apparently fondling a statue of dibella and passed out in the temple. It was great. I have two shouts so far. I have unrelenting force level 2 (Fus, Roh) and Whirlwind Sprint (froo "I think is how it's spelled"). Still trying to find out what can be made of quicksilver ore.

Haven't even gone to the Companions yet, haven't visited the Imperials or Storcloaks yet either, but I'm making friends with both by helping them with skirmishes against Forsworn and Bandits. Can't find any real reason to side with either faction as the Imperials were going to chop off my head even though I wasn't even on the list and the Stormcloaks are just adding to the chaos during a time of "Dragopalypse" and "DOMG".

"Sir Ulfric, there have been repeated reports coming in of Dragons fucking up everyone's shit. What should we do??"

"Why, have a civil war of course! Cheese for everyone one!! Waait, scratch that, no cheese. . . okay, maybe a little."

*meanwhile, in Whiterun*

"Holy Balls!! That guy just took his dagger and cut the face off that Dragon." --- FUS,! --- "20th Century Cheeze Whiz!! He just ate his soul and belched hard enough to blow Piggy's house down!!"

*sky thunder* ---"Dovakhin!!!"---

"Oh look, the greybeards are having a house party again, those get so gorram loud."
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:48 pm

Awesome, if you do the companions quest, you find a book that some really awesome info in it. I know that's vague as hell, I'll put a more detailed on in spoilers

SPOILERS/Companion Quest Line
You at one point can find Kodak's Journal, you are written into it and it looks like there may be some minor variations depending on your choices with him. Very cool little find, though I almost felt guilty for stealing it :lol:

/SPOLERS

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:12 am

49 hours in 4 days......... this is sooooo not good.

ill say one thing, a high smithing combined with a high enchant skill is laying on a serious hurt on my enemies....

a elven sword upgraded to legendary status with a + 20 fire enchant is laying out 82 points of damage....... and I have one for EACH hand.... :lol:
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

USMCSergeant

Post by USMCSergeant » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:28 am

At first this was so overwhelming. I've never played an RPG game in my life, and I was a tad confused when I started! Now I'm level 14 or something and pretty much just kick ass. A dragon swooped down in front of me earlier today, and unlike when it first happened where my character peed himself a little, I said outloud to the TV - "Come at me bro." Yeah that probably makes me a dork, but I'm cool with it.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:07 am

Unrelenting force level 3 Fus, Roh, Dah" simply rocks the fracking house! I just blew a cave bear off a cliff like he was a kite in the wind. They simply soar thru the wind like Talos him self came down and punted them like a football.

Fire breathing level 2 so far, same with Ice breath. Seriously fries them up good. Haven't been able to freeze anything solid yet with Ice though.

I have weather control level 3 and a few others at 2 and 1 (calm yo' self level 1, life force detection level 1, and something else.)

Came up on big bad raising another dragon outside of the town of (name deleted). Poor bastard didn't even have a chance to roar before being tore up. Big bad was so pissed he used Fus, roh, dah and knocked me into a rock face like a freight train. Took me down to about a 3rd left on the life bar.

Duel wielding, with the right set up, turns you into a walking blender of hate and suffering. I have my skyforge sword at legendary in one hand and my katana at legendary in the other, and I am shredding thru baddies like a pissed off wood chipper. I also have Lydia decked out in an exquisite level set of Blade armour (the blade armour looks so bad ass this time around.) She's also ruining people's days with the unique "Dragonbane" katana that I also suped up at the forge.

All in all, very impressed with this game. I also onlly had one lock up since mid-night release, and I've been playing every second I can.

I wonder what'll happen if Lydia sees me transform into full blown lycan while in battle. She doesn't know about my. . . ... upgraded hardware.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:12 am

Oh, and one more thing, white dragons are the living definitions of "I will fuck you and every one dear to you."

Hudson974

Post by Hudson974 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:39 am

For you Skyrimmers (I know sounds dirty)

I barely survived Wintergheddon 2010!
I ran around in shorts at Wintergheddon 2011!!
I survived Zombiecon 2011

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:25 pm

You know its a damn shame that you cant port over weapons and equipment from one character to another. How cool would it be to start a new game as say a warrior when your last character had been a mage and actually get to "Meet" your old character do quests and get some of the cool high level gear you made ...

UPDATE..
Just hit lvl 100 in smithing , that dragon armor looks awesome.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:55 pm

docdredd wrote:does any one else freak out everytime a bird casts a shadow on the ground.......
Hahah yes

Also my horse has anger issues, I dismounted in a keep area to fight some baddies, turn around horse is gone, it had ran all the way to the top of the battlements to kick the shit out of a couple archers, by the time I got up there it had killed all three :shock: it also got the killing blow in on two dragons so far...

RepeatDefender
Favorite Zombie Movies: I like 'em all!

Post by RepeatDefender » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:36 pm

I know I'm late to the party, but my friend is picking me up a copy today for the 360. I can't wait to play :D

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:05 pm

I've put in at least 24 hours and I still haven't been to half the cities. I'm getting my smithing up, it's 75 now so dragon armor soon enough.
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

Lynxian

Post by Lynxian » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 pm

People: place spoiler warnings!

Not just in regard to the story, but also certain gameplay elements. I just found out some things I would've found cooler to find out by just playing the game.
Slow zombies, evidently...
That German Guy's Battalion commander wrote:"If someone breaks through the gate, we expect you to be on your third magazine by the time they get to the first road junction!"

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:21 pm

Okay, I've hit 2 bugged quests so far. They don't appear to be broken, just quest progression borked. The "Night to remember" was one, as I've been slowly making my way to the town in which I need to go to and some lady started complaining about not paying her for some ring that I wasn't supposed to know about for 3 more quest progressions. There was another called "In my time of need." If you get either of these two quests, STOP everything you are doing and complete only those until finished before moving on. I can't believe just how fucked the first one was.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”