The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Molon Labe

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Molon Labe » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Was driving thru town here today and saw a man picking up random bits of plants from the ground and putting them in his mouth. First thing to go thru my mind was "Alchemy noobs. :roll: " I really need to stop with the Skyrim vids and Oblivion nostalgia.
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Thats funny, mainly because i do "Alchemy" IRL. I study herbs and do whats called wildcrafting, where you go out and about picking plants, then I bring them home and make up everything from teas to lip balms .... Now if I could only find the right set that returned 1/3 of your hitpoints in a single swig ide be a millionaire :mrgreen:
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:09 pm

docdredd wrote:Thats funny, mainly because i do "Alchemy" IRL. I study herbs and do whats called wildcrafting, where you go out and about picking plants, then I bring them home and make up everything from teas to lip balms .... Now if I could only find the right set that returned 1/3 of your hitpoints in a single swig ide be a millionaire :mrgreen:
That's sort of awesome, I considered doing it but given where I live I think I'd have to grow inside using lamps and stuff...and rather not have my door kicked down by TPD thinking I'm running a grow house :lol: any books or websites you can recommend on the subject though?

And Molon, that's awesome, I get FO thoughts all the time driving around :shock:

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:37 pm

yep all kinds just give me a sec
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:48 pm

For detailed instructions on how medicines are made using plants you want this one...
http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CDoQ8wIwAQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For the chemicals found in each plant this web site ( VERY technical)
http://www.ars-grin.gov/duke/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for what each plant does you just have to study. I give this word of caution BE CAREFUL.
Some of the very well meaning "Herbalists" out there have absolutely no idea what they are doing. If some one starts talking to you about plant energy, and how its the "Goodness" of the plant that heals. Smile at them thank them for there time and move out.
There are almost as many types of herbalists as there are denominations in Christianity, and they all look at the others as fools. Im a Lay Medical Herbalist, what that means is that I have not been to an official school but that I do self study and for a time i trained under another herbalist. I also am interested in the Chemicals in each plant and how they interact with the human body. Coming from a medical background all the hokey pokey Magic side of herbalisim I have a hard time swallowing.
But we know that Salicylic acid can be used to fight fevers and that it can be derived from willow bark and some forms of the mint plant. this is why im no longer studying under my herbalist he was farto into the new age side of it and I was only interested in the science :?
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:58 pm

docdredd wrote: . . . im no longer studying under my herbalist he was farto into the new age side of it and I was only interested in the science :?
Yeah, well when I succeed in making a potion of water breathing we'll see who's eating crow. :P
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Sckitzo wrote:
docdredd wrote:Thats funny, mainly because i do "Alchemy" IRL. I study herbs and do whats called wildcrafting, where you go out and about picking plants, then I bring them home and make up everything from teas to lip balms .... Now if I could only find the right set that returned 1/3 of your hitpoints in a single swig ide be a millionaire :mrgreen:
That's sort of awesome, I considered doing it but given where I live I think I'd have to grow inside using lamps and stuff...and rather not have my door kicked down by TPD thinking I'm running a grow house :lol: any books or websites you can recommend on the subject though?

And Molon, that's awesome, I get FO thoughts all the time driving around :shock:

You actually have some pretty powerful plants out in your area..... But I wont go to far into that one.... :lol:
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks man ill give these a look afterclass the science behind it interests me always been a bit cynical of the magic Crap tbh ohh there are plants here lol but not the type I'm interested in, me no like ass rape jail haha

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:01 pm

>>My new ringtone<<

The video is too hilarious to not post here.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:31 am

You know what, screw you humourless swine ^^THAT^^ is plain funny.

Any ways, if I play a Khajit character the first thing I craft will be a set of hide armour made from dogs. Yep, my canine companion really will keep my feline warm in those mountains. Nice and warm. :twisted:

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:58 am

It got a chuckle, I just try not to get excited for games anymore...or I end up like him :lol:

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:28 am

That's why I had to share it, it pretty much summed up my reaction to the e3 trailer verbatim. That's right, the ex-sniper who once jumped out of airplanes for the sole purpose of killing other men is a huge gaming nerd. Take that conformity!

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:36 am

Oh, and >>This<< video is worth a chuckle too.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:52 am

Molon Labe wrote:That's why I had to share it, it pretty much summed up my reaction to the e3 trailer verbatim. That's right, the ex-sniper who once jumped out of airplanes for the sole purpose of killing other men is a huge gaming nerd. Take that conformity!
I'd bet you were a nerd before hand, I know I was :lol:

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:40 am

docdredd wrote:You all have to watch this.... Effin HEE larious..... Skyrim Fanboy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cough ^ cough ^ First page of the thread man........ :lol: and it is funny, I showed that to all my friends.

Now a cat wearing dog armor is ironic to the point of being Kafkaesque :D
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Lynxian

Post by Lynxian » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:53 pm

In true Skyrimesque fashion: I also took friday the 11th off. Local game store said I could pick up Skyrim on the 10th already, so that'll mean a Skyrim setting from thursdayevening all to sundaynight. Sweet!
Slow zombies, evidently...
That German Guy's Battalion commander wrote:"If someone breaks through the gate, we expect you to be on your third magazine by the time they get to the first road junction!"

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:49 pm

SPOILERS BELOW!!! View at your own risk!!!

It would appear that Todd Howard is related to Mai'q the Liar...

Werewolves now confirmed to be in via leaked footage on live stream (not linking it as leaked pre-release footage is technically illegal).

Transformation is animated, werewolf specific finishers are in (and it's eat the face of your enemy awesome), bloodlust and all the fun that it entails is in.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Awesome news Molon, see how fast I need to learn to run from packs :lol:

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:42 pm

I think the only thing I would like there to be, that isn't in the game, is the abilty to douse out placed torches or fires (or any light source that isn't magical) with an ice frost spell for stealth play (ala Thief style). That'd be totally cool, but dynamic game physics takes up a retarded amount of code and time to implement without glitches.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:13 pm

2 hours till 5 Moar DAYS!!! :D
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:56 pm

I had my wife take off the 11th so she can watch the baby while I play all day.. and now I get the news..

She's taking him to San Antonio for the weekend to visit her family. WIN!
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:43 am

I am so looking forward to getting my first Skyrim job. . . giggity.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:12 am

stolen from a interwebs blog : What the men of the world expect when Skyrim comes out from there women.....

When the game finds its way into our gaming systems we will, understandably, be very busy and therefor will not be able to do some of the things we would normally handle. Some examples of things we WON’T be doing are:

Trash
Dishes
Painting, in any form
Cleaning the grill
Shopping
Changing diapers (the baby’s or the grandparents’)
Sleeping
Speaking (except occasional grunts or screams of “OH MY GOD, DID YOU SEE THAT?!”)
Cooking
Sweeping
Mopping
Working
Paying attention to you
Getting up to pee
Answering the phone
Watching your favorite show with you
Acknowledging your existence
Blinking
Stopping (This includes hitting pause in order to kiss you goodnight or reassure you that we’re still breathing. If the little guy on the screen is still moving, we’re still alive.)
Please note that the list above is NOT inclusive. Furthermore, here is a short list of things we will expect of you during this period, in order to keep things as comfortable as possible for everyone involved.

Do not knock, call out, whisper, whistle, snap your fingers, try to act sexy or in any other way attempt to get our attention. If you require sexual intercourse, please keep your head out from in front of the television.
Please make sure you keep us fed and hydrated. Mountain Dew, coffee, and water, in rotation, along with turkey sandwiches and cheese-nips will keep us alive. It’s not much to ask. Now go – you know where the kitchen is.
If we are shifting around in our seat and crossing our legs, please bring a bottle, bucket, casserole dish, trash bag or other suitable receptacle for us to pee in. Also, shake it twice. Our hands are busy.
If supplies begin to run low, head off to the store and stock up. Hurry back, though, in case we have to pee.
If a baby or small child begins to cry, please stop the sound from reaching us. Feed it, water it, change it or take it to your mother’s place but, for god’s sake, don’t just let it squeal away like an injured bunny…Hurry Back!
We’re going to need some form of hygiene. A sponge bath, once or twice daily, should keep mold from setting in.
If you notice obvious discomfort, application of “icy hot” or creme analgesics to the thumbs and trigger fingers is appreciated. Just make sure you back off if there’s a boss battle.
You MAY need to feed us. If so, please make sure you wipe our mouths…don’t forget the little bits of mayo in the corners, please!
If we fart and the paint starts to peel, just pretend it was the dog / cat / fish / hamster and deal with it. Remember, we haven’t been eating very healthy recently.
Steak, once a week. Baked potato and shrimp lets us know you REALLY love us. Small bites, please, so we don’t choke.
If we DO choke, please attempt to perform the Heimlich maneuver without causing us to lose our fix on the TV.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:44 pm

RLMFAO

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”