Fallout: New Vegas

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

docdredd

Re: Fallout: New Vegas

Post by docdredd » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:19 am

I dont know man have you read up about the machete? Longer reach than the combat knife and does massive damage to limb hits.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/fallout:_ ... as_weapons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

for a full list of weapons.
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:26 am

Role playing wise, I don't see the machete being as good for stealth take downs as a combat knife. Even if the game doesn't care either way, I like to stay in character and a knife makes more sense for stealth use. Full on melee battle? Sure, the machete would far out perform.

Edit- Hey, the wiki has pics of a lot of the different models of weapons. Cool.
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:32 am

Yeah for some reason my computer is acting up though. It wont let me copy paste anything and my icon that shows where you are typing is not showing up. I was trying to bring some of those pics over here but not having any luck.
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:40 am

You know, instead of the lever action shotgun for "awww crap" moments where stealth goes out the window, I might just use the Trail Carbine. And instead of just using the scoped bolt gun for field work, I might go with the scoped carbine for when the likelyhood of the need for rapid engagement or fast follow up shots becomes obvious.
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:45 am

I think I need to get a new gaming computer. I played fallout, fallout 2, and tactics on a desktop and it was a weird aberration to play it on 360.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

Zoltan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead; Dawn of the Dead(remake); 28 Days Later; 28 Weeks Later; Army of Darkness; Dead & Breakfast; I am Legend; Pet Sematary;

Post by Zoltan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:53 am

I wish there was more weapons modification/building like there is in Borderlands.

That would be cool!!

EXCITED!!
ZSC:XV -- California Chapter Forum

"Doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - General James "Chaos" Mattis, USMC
CLEAR CUT wrote:Chloroform soaked rag in a ziplock baggie, Duct tape, ten milligrams of Ketamine in a syringe, and a bottle of Roofies....It must be date night!

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:23 pm

Oh god I those weapon mods are sweet. I am so freakin stoked for this game.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:41 pm

I just read every link on fallout new Vegas at the fallout wiki.... My eyes are burning....

NOTES:
Hollow point ammo adds 75% damage to soft skinned targets but do almost no damage to armored targets.

+P ammo can be used against armored targets but wears your gun out 20% faster...
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:00 pm

I'm ever so glad they let the Obsidian guys run this one. I missed having different ammo, and more detailed skillsets like Doctor.

*ETA: Also: GARAND!
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Word from one of the devs states that there isn't any way to increase your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats after character creation. Not thru perks or easter eggs. What you choose at the beginning is what you get.

Krustofski
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Post by Krustofski » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:37 pm

I'm not so much obsessing about the weapons. They are nice, yeah.
But what I enjoyed the most about the Fallout series right from the beginning was that there almost always was a non-violent solution to any quest problem. Of course, I have played all games multiple times, sometimes without killing anyone, and sometimes I got all genocidal on their ass (killing spree ftw!).
Off the internet until further notice.

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:53 pm

Molon Labe wrote:Word from one of the devs states that there isn't any way to increase your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats after character creation. Not thru perks or easter eggs. What you choose at the beginning is what you get.
That's a major deviation from the originals. Interesting.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Czechnology wrote:
Molon Labe wrote:Word from one of the devs states that there isn't any way to increase your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats after character creation. Not thru perks or easter eggs. What you choose at the beginning is what you get.
That's a major deviation from the originals. Interesting.
Surprised me too. But we go into a conversation about how there won't be bobbleheads in this one and he stated that there will be other types of in game collectables. Namely snow globes, but they will not provide any permanent S.P.E.C.I.A.L. or skill bonus. So I asked if there were any other ways to increase your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats and he said only thru items like chems.

Once again, this is what a dev relayed to me. Take it for what you will, but I'm more inclined to believe him than call him out as a liar.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:29 pm

One thing that I'm a little wary about is, is that with all these things added, I'm afraid that the game itself may be that much smaller or the main quest being that much shorter. The main quest in Fallout 3 was already pretty small before the Broken Steel add-on. And considering that once you beat the main game in New Vegas then that's it, game over. No more playing that character. Guess Obsidian didn't learn anything about the outrage over that very thing in Fallout 3 before the add-on.

Krustofski
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Post by Krustofski » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:34 pm

Nah, I don't really think that's something to worry about. The Obsidian guys are mostly from the old Black Isle team. A lot of them where developers of Fallout 1, 2, and Van Buren. They probably know how to create a good plot and storyline.
Off the internet until further notice.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Hmmm no way to increase S.P.E.C.I.A.L? so all that leveling and learning that takes place in the game and there is no way to become a "Better" character.... that flies in the face of all things RPG. I have also heard that they are already working on a down loadable content that will be released shortly after the game. Im betting that this will be like the Broken Steel download and allow continuation after completing the game.... for a price.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:59 pm

What is a DEV?
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:08 pm

Bearcat wrote:What is a DEV?
Developer?

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:21 am

Sckitzo wrote:
Developer?
Yep.

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:24 am

Molon Labe wrote:
Sckitzo wrote:
Developer?
Yep.
Ah, thank you.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:01 am

You know? There was always one litle nick pick that kept poking me in the back of my mind while playing Fallout 3. It was the lighting and tint. I could never get the lighting to look right at night and the greenish tint kept bugging me a little. What I mean about the lighting is that at night, either it was too bright and it made the need for the pip-boy light meaningless or it was too dark altogether. Probably a saturation issue due to the greenish hue. I say this because some the lighting effect overhaul mods fixed it right up and was beautiful.

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:22 pm

In the originals there weren't collectables that gave you SPECIAL bonuses, but usually some kind of surgery or quest-specific thing. (More like the scientist who gives you ant-powers in Fallout3)

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Czechnology wrote:In the originals there weren't collectables that gave you SPECIAL bonuses, but usually some kind of surgery or quest-specific thing. (More like the scientist who gives you ant-powers in Fallout3)
Just not any perks of your choosing, but rewards.

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Molon Labe wrote:
Czechnology wrote:In the originals there weren't collectables that gave you SPECIAL bonuses, but usually some kind of surgery or quest-specific thing. (More like the scientist who gives you ant-powers in Fallout3)
Just not any perks of your choosing, but rewards.
Right. I feel like you could raise your SPECIAL with Perks upon levelling though... I really need to use the two weeks until release to play the first two games again. Stupid job.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”