Fallout: New Vegas

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

docdredd

Re: Fallout: New Vegas

Post by docdredd » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:33 am

I remember reading about it and wanting it but alas no computer back then. I have seen a lot of stuff has been pulled from nexus lately, Tried to download FOOK but its not on there that I saw :((
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Einher

Post by Einher » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:05 pm

docdredd wrote:I remember reading about it and wanting it but alas no computer back then. I have seen a lot of stuff has been pulled from nexus lately, Tried to download FOOK but its not on there that I saw :((
you know... I did some FO3 modding after I was laid off a few years ago.
If you want, I may still have a copy laying around (or a link to a site that still has the 5.1 available for download).
I was shocked how much material of that mod eventually ended up incorporated into FO:NV (much like the WMK and other community mods), but that's a story for another time.

Image from an early precursor to the 19/20th CW mod.

shhh, it's a secret to everyone.
No really, it IS A SECRET.
Last edited by Einher on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
полиция wrote:Полицейский инструктировал меня, что если убьеш грабителя у себя дома то надо вложить ему в руку нож или иное орудие преступления до того как пришли полицейские, иначе могут самого хозяина дома посадить за убийство.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:08 pm

^^^^^^^ YES PLEASE :shock:
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:39 pm

docdredd wrote:I remember reading about it and wanting it but alas no computer back then. I have seen a lot of stuff has been pulled from nexus lately, Tried to download FOOK but its not on there that I saw :((
That's not good, I wonder if there was some drama or something happened on there?

Grimstad
Favorite Zombie Movies: Children shouldn't play with dead things
Location: Seattle, Washington .......... ,.................Left Wing Gun Nut

Post by Grimstad » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:33 am

Sckitzo wrote:
That's not good, I wonder if there was some drama or something happened on there?
It still has an entry with a link to the FOOKUNITY web site where you can download it. For the Nexus to host the file it would need to be broken into 3 parts due to size limitations.
"Yeah, but she's our witch, so cut her the hell down." - Malcolm Reynolds

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Ahh ok, well that's not to bad then

Grimstad
Favorite Zombie Movies: Children shouldn't play with dead things
Location: Seattle, Washington .......... ,.................Left Wing Gun Nut

Post by Grimstad » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Sckitzo wrote:Ahh ok, well that's not to bad then
Yeah, I couldn't imagine a popular mod like that getting dropped so I had to go look. Theres 6 pages of mods specifically made to work with FOOK and buried somewhere in there is the main page. Google got me to it much quicker.
"Yeah, but she's our witch, so cut her the hell down." - Malcolm Reynolds

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Glad to hear that I was wrong :shock: I just couldn't find it when I searched and one of the Caliber mods had a note from the maker saying that he wasn't going to support it or the sight anymore. I guess I was putting stuff together out of context.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:04 am

WOW.... Just downloaded a handful of mods and played my first game on Computer.... WHY IN THE HELL DID I WAIT THIS LONG????????????

Nothing like capping some powder gang ass with a Makarov to the back of the neck.... Mother Russia style... :lol:
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Hudson974

Post by Hudson974 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE322LKw ... r_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pokemon mod........

357 post!!!
I barely survived Wintergheddon 2010!
I ran around in shorts at Wintergheddon 2011!!
I survived Zombiecon 2011

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Lonesome Road DLC is out, downloading now.

I better install all those mods I downloaded for my fresh copy :oops:

Krustofski
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Post by Krustofski » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:23 pm

I'm a bit behind. Just downloaded Honest Hearts, a few hours into it, and intrigued. Beats Dead Money and takes its lunch money.
Off the internet until further notice.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:53 pm

Dead money did not impress me at all. Honest hearts was a good game with some cool new toys and the last one that came out old world blues was pretty damn good. Inversal Proto axe for the MFin win.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:11 am

Well after a major issue I just beat it (it's a quick one)

For some reason, I had a modified plasma pistol in my inventory (no doubt due to one of my many mods) that would cause a CTD if I selected it to equip/drop/trade or even opened up a vendor menu, annoying. So I made a new game, used a character editor to bump it up to where I was and ran through it.

The game suggests lvl 25 at least before you try this, and if your running Arwen you may want to listen, I died...a lot.

This DLC has none of the humor were used to, it's actually pretty freaking depressing. I'm not sure how else I feel about it, it felt like it was lacking in content, but they just really wanted to get the story across. I am not sure how your choices made will impact the game proper though. I believe they will.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Im getting my butt stomped. Playing through on lvl 16 (24 or 26 recommended)
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Welcome to my life :lol: turn Arwen on if your on PC for a lot of pain. They added a new function to it where you can get infections and shit :shock:

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:07 am

So in the end did this game turn out to be worth it? There seem to be allot of bugs and other technical issues.

Why must all the hoops be on fire?

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:17 am

It was maybe the second or third best DLC for NV, not sure if it's worth the money or not, but looks like it changes the game, a lot.

Massive Spoilers ahead for those that haven't played it yet...

So, let's say you nuke the legion right? But mr fancy pants has already ran off to the camp with the key, I wonder how that will change things?

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:34 am

Avoided this thread til I got a decent laptop and caould play the game.

Liking it, but I must admit I prefer the atmosphere from FO3 much more, for some reason it seems spookier, probably because of the grey tones in the terrain and skies, the orange in NV makes it feel less dark. That being said it's everything I expected from the new franchise, and I'm loving having ED-E to carry all my loot :D

I did feel like I blew through the main quest far too quickly, but then I do that in lots of RPG's and I will set up a second playthrough and more fully explore the sidequests and so on especially since I now have a lot of the extra DLC's.

(I'm currently bingeing on games which is why I've been absent lol, dragon age 1 and 2, replaying the orange box and portal 1 and 2, fallout series, the witcher 1 and 2, deus ex..... I may be some time :lol: )

ETA: FO:NV seems to have more choices, which is a nice change from being forced into a position like you were in FO3, I like having the varied choices and seperate karma details, it allows for a slightly deeper mental image of who my character is, and although not incredibly subtle, it's a nice improvement
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:28 am

I didn't mean the DLC but rather the entire game.

Why must all the hoops be on fire?

Krustofski

Post by Krustofski » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:30 am

Kommander wrote:I didn't mean the DLC but rather the entire game.
The bugs and technical issues are dealt with. Finally. I've got the impression that somehow the producers let the players do the beta testing. :lol:

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:56 pm

About halfway or more through Lonesome Road . So far it is my favorite . Will report back when I am done .

A bit more info on the Gunrunners Arsenal DLC

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/ ... s-arsenal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:05 pm

I kept finding this Glock Plasma Pistol, I was wondering if it was from one of my mods or the new DLC...

Krustofski

Post by Krustofski » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Sckitzo wrote:I kept finding this Glock Plasma Pistol, I was wondering if it was from one of my mods or the new DLC...
The Glock Plasma Pistol is standard lore from Fallout 1 & 2. In New Vegas, it is named "Plasma Defender" to differentiate it from the standard Plasma Pistol, so you probably had a mod rename it.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”