Borderlands

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

mk_ultra

Borderlands

Post by mk_ultra » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:17 pm

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/957/957206.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone else excited about this one ?

I have my pre-order in for the Oct 26th release . I have pretty high hopes for it . I have been following it for a while now

Ought to be a good start to the pile of awesome games coming out in the next couple of months .

:D
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

ultra magnus

Re: Borderlands

Post by ultra magnus » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:52 pm

mk_ultra wrote:http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/957/957206.html

I have my pre-order in for the Oct 26th release . I have pretty high hopes for it . I have been following it for a while now

Ought to be a good start to the pile of awesome games coming out in the next couple of months .

YES. I've been watching this for quite a while now. The new gameplay trailer on XBL looks pretty good.

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:38 pm

I think the switch to the cell shaded art style really make s the games look great .

I have a thing for loot games , and with hundreds of thousands of unique weapons and items it should be fun . I like the RPG elements as well .

bookshop

Post by bookshop » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:26 am

I LOVED the first 2 Brothers in arms games (just liked the 3rd). So I am pretty excited. I'm sure it won't be anything like those games but I've got faith in teh Developers.
Vegan Gun Owners of America

SixStringRazor

Post by SixStringRazor » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:37 pm

I will definitely own this the day it comes out.

Also, according to this
http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2009/0 ... ands-have/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
we are looking at over 3 million weapons combos.

Wayward
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days

Post by Wayward » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:49 am

OHMAHGAHD, I didn;t realize the release was so close.

I remember reading about Borderlands since January this year and all it had was TBA, so instead of tracking it i said "Fuck that Noise" and went on with my life.

Now I have to save up money for this and like 18 other good games that are supposed to be coming out. Not to mention the ones I need to get that are out already. FUCK!

" Louisiana's Unsanctioned Elimination Squad "

" I will make my Apostasy branch and theres not a damn thing you can do about it! "
Wayward wrote:I AM the zombie beat-stick

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:30 pm

This Nov-Dec game release glut is certainly hard on the wallet . :D

I am limiting myself to three for the time being .

Borderlands
Dragon Age : Origins
Modern Warfare 2

Those ought to keep me busy for a while .

Wayward

Post by Wayward » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:48 am

mk_ultra wrote: Borderlands
Dragon Age : Origins
Modern Warfare 2

-Borderlands
-Alien Versus Predator
-ODST

The only problem I'll be havign with the game is that when you venture out. Its not liek Fallen Earth, its more of a standard 4player Co-op. Theres no other player out in them wilds with ya after those three that join ya :(

" I will make my Apostasy branch and theres not a damn thing you can do about it! "

Duffman
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Duffman » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:21 am

I'm not sure about this one... All of the videos I've seen of it show the animation as overly cartoony.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:08 pm

mk_ultra wrote:http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/957/957206.html

I pre-ordered it as soon as it was available from GameStop. I am so fucking hyped about this game that if it fails to deliver in any department, I will skull fuck a baby dolphin with pure "end of all things mortal" rage.
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:09 pm

SixStringRazor wrote:I will definitely own this the day it comes out.

Also, according to this
http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2009/0 ... ands-have/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
we are looking at over 3 million weapons combos.
Most current count is actually 17.5 million, and that comes from the Borderlands community forum announcements.
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."

Hudson974

Post by Hudson974 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:17 pm

The commercial I jsut saw said 87 brazillion weapon combos.
I barely survived Wintergheddon 2010!
I ran around in shorts at Wintergheddon 2011!!
I survived Zombiecon 2011

SixStringRazor

Post by SixStringRazor » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:57 am

Check this out:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/first_bo ... ailed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Already an add-on, and you guessed it, it has zombies!!!!

Wayward

Post by Wayward » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:20 pm

*holds up a copy of Borderlands*

I gots my copy, and for that matter I was playing with SixString here only a few hours ago

EAT MY FISTS SIXSTRING YOU AND YOUR DAMN SNIPER RIFLES AND RUNNING OUT OF SNIPER AMMO

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:23 pm

Wayward wrote:*holds up a copy of Borderlands*

I gots my copy, and for that matter I was playing with SixString here only a few hours ago

EAT MY FISTS SIXSTRING YOU AND YOUR DAMN SNIPER RIFLES AND RUNNING OUT OF SNIPER AMMO
Either weapons in this game are pathetically weak or Brick is gamebreaking strong.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:25 pm

Started playing at 0100, didn't stop until nearly 0900. This game is the shit. Period. Y and X axis is abit sensitive for those more used to shit like Fallout 3 and Mass Effect style shooter RPGs, but you get used to it.

I'm currently sporting a rare find sniper that fires explosive rounds that have a habit of lighting sonsabitches on fire. It's great.

Oh, and I found out that not only is damage location dependant (i.e. head shots deal the most, torso next, limbs last) but head shots also have a !!MUCH!! higher chance of going critical and dealing a fuckton of hate on the enemy. Limbs are second on the critical factor but deal a lot less damage and really aren't that worth it. Limbs have flown, bodies have completely exploded, and many charred bodies littering the wasteland later, I only got 4 hours of sleep last night and I expect the same to happen tonight.

Voice acting is excellent though the lip syncing can be a fraction off, but that mis hap is very rare. Gameplay graphics are exactly like how the trailers look. No disappointments at all in that department.

The style of gameplay, the style of humor, and the style of action... it's like you're living in a graphic novel written by both Joss Whedon, and Quentin Tarantino; with some James Cameron thron in there for good measure.

So far, so good.

Rating thus far= 9/10 - 8.5/10 due to enemy AI not being as intelligent as say FarCry2, but this isn't supposed to be FarCry2 so it's a solid 9 in my book.

[edit] also, beware that sniper rifles aren't 100% accurate. Your crosshairs may be dead center, but there is some drift. this can be rectified though thru better weapons and boosting your skills. so don't get angry when you have the perfect shot lined up and you miss, and miss again, and again depending range. [/edit]

MicSteve

Post by MicSteve » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:25 pm

Was just playing it 5 mins ago. This game absolutely rocks. If you haven't picked it up yet it is a must have IMO. I kinda want to find a revolver type sniper rifle like the ones they have in the game just for shear shits and giggles.
The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:44 pm

MicSteve wrote:Was just playing it 5 mins ago. This game absolutely rocks. If you haven't picked it up yet it is a must have IMO. I kinda want to find a revolver type sniper rifle like the ones they have in the game just for shear shits and giggles.
Way ahead of ya. 8)

MicSteve

Post by MicSteve » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:31 am

What is that, how much does it cost and where can I get one NOW?!?!!?

Oh and is it a real gun or just a toy?

please be a real gun, please be a real gun, please be a real gun

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:57 pm

I am about 8 hours in .

Love it . It is awesome .

I agree with Molon on just about everything . My only real complaint is the vehicle controls- they suck . I find it less of a pain in the ass to just walk everywhere .

So far , having a blast . It's a hard one to put down .

masterblaster666
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Dawn,Day and Night.

Post by masterblaster666 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:57 pm

Going to get it this weekend for my week long vacation. Xplay gave it 4 outta 5 only cause the transports suck and the story is not that deep. And on ATOS they did a run about it it looks double plus good. I can wait. !!!
Pie,9mm,Blue Wire Veni Imbibi Vici
Kyrsed1 wrote:I like Cake... But I'm Pie-Curious!

MicSteve

Post by MicSteve » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Molon Labe wrote:
MicSteve wrote:Was just playing it 5 mins ago. This game absolutely rocks. If you haven't picked it up yet it is a must have IMO. I kinda want to find a revolver type sniper rifle like the ones they have in the game just for shear shits and giggles.
Way ahead of ya. 8)
Looked up the gun. It's real and goes for $1800-$2200 on gunbroker depending on the caliber. Well I won't be getting that white elephant anytime soon but it is definitely on the list for when I win the Lotto.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:52 pm

mk_ultra wrote:I am about 8 hours in .

Love it . It is awesome .

I agree with Molon on just about everything . My only real complaint is the vehicle controls- they suck . I find it less of a pain in the ass to just walk everywhere .

So far , having a blast . It's a hard one to put down .
Actually, after vigorously masterbating... I mean, vigorusly practicing, I've gotten a hang of the vehicles controls. it's like the old controls for the Warthog, but at a Rally racer speed.

I can't get enough of this game. Though one thing that bothers me is that enemies respawn in after a full game day, which is more than a little irritating as a full game day lasts like 15 minutes or so (or atleast it feels that quick with time flying the way it does when playing this game.)

Found a revolver that fired shot shells last night. It was crap for accuracy/rannge and had a very slow fire rate, but it crit. nearly every shot.

I'm lugging around another explosive shell firing sniper rifle (orange drop), a Torque brand yellow drop repeater (40 damage, 90 accuracy, 3.4 firing rate) it's an awsome sidearm. I'm also carrying a combat rifle now. Holds 12 rounds (54 damage, 82 accuracy, 6.4 firing rate.0 It looks so much like vera that I wish I could take a fucking screen shot. I feel like Jayne. 8)

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:52 am

Yeah the enemy re-spawning gets on my tits as well . Nothing like going through a huge dungeon and fighting a boss , and then having to fight your way back out again . :?

Oh well , experience points are experience points .

One thing I learned to do is if I am full up on ammo , I do not open ammo crates . Especially if I am heading into a dungeon type area . You can get pretty tapped out on ammo , and it is nice to have some for the trip out .

I just started using revolvers and I have one that does 154 damage . It is pretty awesome . You get good cutting people in half death animations .

I have been using the same shotgun for a while , I have found a bunch that do more damage , but this one has accuracy of 89.7 and a 10 round capacity .

Playing Soldier class and just hit level 20 , a couple of sidequests and I am set to leave the Arid Hills/Badlands .

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”