Urban Dead

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Urban Dead

Post by Citizen Simon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:28 am

I just got back in. at St. Werburgh's hospital. Need to get cured up and start searching for first aid stuff again. I'll get my medic back in business in no time.
I survived Zombie Con 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 09

AK-9-Pie

mohawkdan

Post by mohawkdan » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:00 am

for all those out there that need revives (we also do brain rot) head out to the Jefferry's building in Millen hills. there is a staff waiting at all times. most revives takes less than a day. if the jefferys is caded, just tear em down and come in (we try to keep it open, but noobs dont always read the the graffiti). we are one of the few groups that revive brain rotted zombies on a daily basis. not close to Millen Hills, check our Wiki site for a location closer to you.
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Rotter%27s_Relief" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNSdrbi3How" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Finch wrote:zombies are already dead

What i recommend is pulling youir phone jack out of the wall and touching the blue wire to the black wire.

That will create a void and suck the zombies into the phone lines. Then all you have to do is call someone you don't like and the zombies will show up at their house.

spacetyrant

Post by spacetyrant » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:21 pm

Doc, if you're still in the Dunell Hills area, the DHPD RP is inside St. Lo's in case you need a stick. We had a large break-in at Dury last night and took casualties, so the queue is a bit longer than usual at the moment.

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:49 pm

spacetyrant wrote:Doc, if you're still in the Dunell Hills area, the DHPD RP is inside St. Lo's in case you need a stick. We had a large break-in at Dury last night and took casualties, so the queue is a bit longer than usual at the moment.
I am in the AO but fine. Have a lot of first aid kits, so PM me if you need some help.
I survived Zombie Con 07

AK-9-Pie

Mangangali

Post by Mangangali » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:22 am

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1525434" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; currently in Danversbank, so i'm about 3 days worth of travel before I can get close. currently revived but on the ground, building AP to make the trek.
I am Murphy's favored son.

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:15 am

Been playing the medic pretty straight up. Finally made my first kill today, made two of em. Takes a lot less effort that running around and healing people, that much is for certain! Wish the Zeds would get out of my hospital so I could get some FAKs, I am out right now. Using all my AP to cade and shoot.
I survived Zombie Con 07

AK-9-Pie

AaronLeft

Post by AaronLeft » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:25 am

Im in Spicer Hills right now. 8 needles and no one to revive.

OTTB

Post by OTTB » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Is it worth playing this anymore
If you cant run, you walk, if you cant walk you crawl, if you cant crawl pray the zombies dont find you.

jclaudii

Post by jclaudii » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:27 pm

for some reason the game is flawed.
The zombies don't "die" forever
The pistol only holds 6 rounds but it takes a "clip" why can't we at least get a 10 capacity or a 17+1 handgun?
There is no Rifle for "instant" headshots so they just die with the use of 1 AP

If I designed the game, there would be 6 billion zombies vs. whomever logged on, If you are living an and you die, it adds +1 to the undead ranks and you can play that way for a bit. If you want to play alive again, you have to die and that +1 becomes a -1 from the zombie ranks. You come back to life as "someone else" in the game and continue to kill Zombies.

Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Citizen Simon » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:48 pm

OTTB wrote:Is it worth playing this anymore
The game system itself is still unbalanced, but at least 3/4 of the people playing it anymore are not playing as zombies. Because more people are playing survivors lately it is fun again. The game is exceptionally unbalanced in favor of people playing zombies. Even as a survivor if you are to kill a zombie, all the zombie player has to do is click 'stand up' and they are back in it, but once you die as a survivor you are out of the fight. Zombies never have to retreat, regroup, or resupply. It's easier to destroy stuff survivors build then it is to repair or build anything as a survivor.
I survived Zombie Con 07

AK-9-Pie

Mangangali

Post by Mangangali » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:16 am

definitely harder as a survivor, darkened helps with hiding in some ruined building, but nothing helps with the amount of AP survivors need to burn to defend or retake ruined buildings. Fort defense is absurdly hard, with GK's/PK's disrupting and also over barricading to either 1) keep people out of Resource buildings or making them burn AP tearing them down.

status: still headed to DH but stuck in Kempsterbank regaining AP
I am Murphy's favored son.

mohawkdan

Post by mohawkdan » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:58 pm

just imagine what it would be like in a real zombie infestation scenario. of course its hard, but thats what makes it fun. im currently playing as a survivor who also has brain rot. if i go down, it could be weeks to get a revive. that makes it all the more challenging.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNSdrbi3How" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Finch wrote:zombies are already dead

What i recommend is pulling youir phone jack out of the wall and touching the blue wire to the black wire.

That will create a void and suck the zombies into the phone lines. Then all you have to do is call someone you don't like and the zombies will show up at their house.

spacetyrant

Post by spacetyrant » Thu May 13, 2010 4:12 am

Anyone here still playing and in need of survivor assistance?

velojym
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido

Post by velojym » Thu May 13, 2010 9:06 am

jclaudii wrote:for some reason the game is flawed.
The zombies don't "die" forever
The pistol only holds 6 rounds but it takes a "clip" why can't we at least get a 10 capacity or a 17+1 handgun?
There is no Rifle for "instant" headshots so they just die with the use of 1 AP

If I designed the game, there would be 6 billion zombies vs. whomever logged on, If you are living an and you die, it adds +1 to the undead ranks and you can play that way for a bit. If you want to play alive again, you have to die and that +1 becomes a -1 from the zombie ranks. You come back to life as "someone else" in the game and continue to kill Zombies.
The only thing that really makes sense for the 'clip' is that they're moon clips, for to use in double action revolvers. At least, that's what I picture whenever I play.

I was playing a bit over the last couple weeks, but am now currently dirt-napping at the cemetery north of Cottam, awaiting a good time to rise.
For a bit, since I couldn't stay alive, I was just using my zombie to harass and damage the occupying zeds to make it easier for other survivors to clear buildings. I have no idea how well I was doing with that so I just kinda had a "meh" moment and took a break.
Wouldn't it be great if all wars could be fought just by the assholes who started them?
-The Postman

razi

Post by razi » Fri May 14, 2010 1:42 pm

I've been playing fairly continuously with the DHPD. We're currently out of the area helping out a mall but will be back in town soonishly. I can swing in and revive anyone who wants it.

if you want a billion zombies to oppose (and a more dynamic game) try dead frontier.

http://www.deadfrontier.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tehuringa

Post by tehuringa » Sat May 29, 2010 7:45 am

Hey Razah!....might be time for Nooodlefish to rejoin the fray...at Nichols at the moment

razi

Post by razi » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:07 am

tehuringa wrote:Hey Razah!....might be time for Nooodlefish to rejoin the fray...at Nichols at the moment
well get back into the fray, noooooooodley. we can always use more guns. :)

RandomHero3609
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun Of the Dead, Diary Of The Dead, 28 Weeks Later, ZA: Zombies Anonymous, Fido, Night Of The Living Dead.

Post by RandomHero3609 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:11 am

I just joined my character name is Tyler Hunter I'll be on in a bit once my boss leaves. Im in the clinch way police department if anyones near by hit me up and let me know your part of the ZS.
Oh S**t! We Gotta Get The F**k Outta Dodge!

razi

Post by razi » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:30 pm

generally speaking, Zombie Squad operates out of the Cottam Way Precinct in West Becktown. I'm currently working with the Dunell Hills Police Department (http://dhpd.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), which is a good group of dedicated survivors (there are a few other ZSers on board there as well). if you're looking for some teamwork and group coordination, head over there and join up.

playing with friends makes the game all the more fun.

Diseased88

Post by Diseased88 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:08 pm

I'm at Solopia way outside of Caiger Mall, if anyone wants to revive. Thought malls were safe and logged off.... Logged on and my body was dumped in the street D=
Hell is other people.

razi

Post by razi » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:13 pm

I'll try to get to you, but I'm out of needles at the moment.

Trebor

Post by Trebor » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:46 am

Man, I haven't thought of this in a couple years. I had three or four characters maxed out. I'll have to try and remember some character names and password and see if I can log in again. Just curious what may have been updated.
----
R.I.P HK33K - Gone, but not forgetten.

razi

Post by razi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:23 pm

there are occasional (annual?) updates that always favor the zombies over the humans. the overall population of players is slowing down, though it's not a dead game yet.

if you remember your login/password and want to hook up with a good group, drop a line over to http://dhpd.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:44 am

I've circled this game for a couple of years, always a bit put off by the limitations imposed by makers and structure, but have now got a couple of characters that I'm enjoying looking in on everyday or so...

Paddy O'ferniture - a 5th level fireman in Starlingtown
Dr Cottle - a doctor operating out of St Soter's Hospital in Buttonville

I'm still figuring out the scope and shape of the game, and have not joined any groups yet, but just wanted to check in...

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”