Fallen Earth

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Crodam

Fallen Earth

Post by Crodam » Thu May 10, 2007 7:20 pm

Haven't seen this here yet, although it isn't entirely about zombies (they are in it though) it is PAW, which I figured would fit in anyways.

http://www.fallenearth.com/
Interests (because it won't fit in that dinky field the forum gives you) :Firearms, Axes, Knives,
Other assorted sharp and pointy objects, and Kitties, Kitties so god damned big their paws
are bigger than your torso (ligers in case there was any doubt), oh, and reptiles too (big ones of course).

Shmerlin

Re: Fallen Earth

Post by Shmerlin » Thu May 10, 2007 9:34 pm

Looks cool.
Dinner Adventures, My restuarant review blog.

Slugg

Post by Slugg » Fri May 15, 2009 12:13 pm

I got accepted into their closed beta! It rocks your kitten socks. It is all about self suffiency and scavanging to get what you need and what to build. Cool twist on not just combat, but survival. Food farming is involved too. I love the improvised weaponry like a paintball gun shooting pebbles and such. Any want Screen shots from my gameplay or any more questions just pm me. I'll be happy to share my new obsession with a fellow PAW mmorpg/fps fan.
Just keep livin

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Fri May 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Screens or it didn't happen. 8)

Seriously though, that looks pretty sweet. Hadn't seen it yet, I'll have to stick it on the list of games to be played eventually. I do like that it has vehicles, something most games leave out because of difficulty.
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

Keith B
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Resident Evil 3
Did not like 28 days later

Post by Keith B » Fri May 15, 2009 2:17 pm

When is the release date supposed to be?
The asshole formerly known as Sigboy40

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Fri May 15, 2009 6:02 pm

this looks like what fallout 3 should have been. Truely this looks like the game that ZS as a community and "guild" would greatly prosper in.

seems like ZS might be geared more towards playing as the enforcers: ranged weapons + group tactics FTW.

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Mon May 18, 2009 11:33 am

wow I would have thought there would be more interest in this game from this site.

just walk away...just walk away

beats golf carts with machineguns

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Mon May 18, 2009 12:28 pm

I now want to own this game, make love to it, and spawn a whole brood of sequels.
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

rocksteady
Favorite Zombie Movies: any zombie movie

Post by rocksteady » Tue May 19, 2009 7:32 pm

ZOMG looks good im reading about it on the site hope to join you peeps if its online play... just might quit playing wow to play this game full time lmao :lol:

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Tue May 19, 2009 8:49 pm

http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Fallen-Earth/v ... railer-239
here is a teaser video

the game has run under the radar so far. Some complain that graphically its not up to date, but from the recent screenshots I have seen its pretty good. The benefit being that most of us will be able to play it without upgrading our machines and experiencing to much lag. The game so far is pretty focused on content. Here are some tidbits I have gathered about the game.

the game is said to be about 1000 miles in real world estate, so its pretty big.
2/3 of the game is Player Vs environment ( meaning your playing against the computer)
1/3 of it is Player vs Player

PvP: is throughout the game, not just at end levels
- is occurs only in specific areas where you get a warning about entering so you don't get killed by other players if you dont want to.
- Conflict towns are areas which are faction contested, so that you and your buddies can fight other factions for control of the town. If you control the town you get access to certain perks and missions.
- when you die in pvp you can either wait to be healed, or you are sent outside the pvp area so that the battles do not involve who can respawn the fastest.

Vehicles: there are motorcycles , cars, dune buggies, etc ( even animal mounts, only seen horses so far). You can attach weapons to your vehicle and fire on the move adding new dynamics to game play. However vehicles won't exactly be cheap, they have to be built by players and fuel will be something you don't want to waste.

crafting: 95% of the items in the game are crafted by players, most of those items will require them to be scavenged so that crafters are dependent upon other players for resources.

classless system: the game has no classes, anybody can be anything and choose how they want to develop their character. certain factions have areas they are prone to learn faster then other, but that's about it. You also do not start the game in a faction, you all start with a clean slate.

factions: there are 6 factions. Each faction has two allied factions, two enemy factions and one arch-nemesis faction ( which means they are polar opposite of eachother). You do not have to join a faction as you can stay neutral, but it will be harder ( fewer opportunities, but also fewer factional conflicts).

the factions are as follows:

Chota ( children of the apocolypse). They are the tribal anarchists who revel in independence, They would be described as more as chaotic-evil in disposition. They believe in destroying all of the old world. They are the warrior caste and tend towards mutations and melee combat. They are the most dependent upon their allies for crafting as they make little themselves

Enforcers: they are the remnants of the military and civilian authorities and seek out to bring order to choas and rebuild civilization. They would be considered lawful neutral in their disposition. They are probably the strongest faction in terms of battlefield prowess due to their advanced firearms and armor. While they do seek to restore the old ways, they are also tend to be quite authoritarian.

Lightbearers: they are more more in line with warrior monks. They see themselves as defenders of the weak and seek to cure the world of the shiva virus. They are described as lawful good. They tend to be healers and experts of unarmed/melee combat.

Techs: these are civilian engineers and military technicians who banded together as the last defenders of technology. they tend to be more neutral in their alignment. They have the strongest technology and industrial base but are also the most susceptible to attack and rely on the enforcers protection in exchange for their gear.

Travelers: these are everything faction, as their main concern is profit. Need information? smuggler? spare parts? need someone killed? if there is something you need, then the travelers have it or can get it. They fall between Neutral Evil and chaotic neutral as they are primarily out for profit and self interest. They tend to run in gang and "families". They tend to emulate rogues in other games and will have a tendency towards stealth, poisons and pistols/melee.

Vistas: We can't forget the hippie/farmers now can we? the vistas formed from park rangers, farmers and environmentalists. they seek to defend the ecosystem and hense have isolated themselves from society and attempt to lead green lives. As such they are more agrarian then the rest of the factions. Their alignment is more in line with Chaotic Good or neutral. They tend to favor the harvesting/cooking tradition and long range precision rifles.

The game is already in closed beta, and is supposed to be released this summer some time. Here are a few more screenshots.

side note: the game takes place in arizona around the grand canyon region to give you an idea of the terrain.

edit: having a hard time posting some of the better pictures because of the crappy limits this site puts on them.

phoenixmastm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Land of the Dead, Undead, 28 weeks later.

Post by phoenixmastm » Tue May 19, 2009 9:14 pm

Great, yet another MMO I can waste tons of money on and get sucked into.

Looks like this is gonna be my crack for the summer when it comes out.
Up onto the overturned keel
Clamber, with a heart of steel
Cold is the ocean spray
And your death is on it's way
With maidens you've had your way
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Tue May 19, 2009 9:20 pm

Seriously, can we get some screenshots of what it looks like when you're playing it? Lots of BS screens of stuff, but little of actual gameplay that I've seen (haven't watched the vid yet, but I will after I post this). Hook it up Slugg.
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Thu May 21, 2009 12:01 pm

BigDaddyTX wrote:Seriously, can we get some screenshots of what it looks like when you're playing it? Lots of BS screens of stuff, but little of actual gameplay that I've seen (haven't watched the vid yet, but I will after I post this). Hook it up Slugg.
there are a lot of gameplay videos out there, but a lot of the content is still kept under wraps.

MrPredictable
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days/weeks later

Post by MrPredictable » Thu May 21, 2009 3:01 pm

I think ZS needs to make its own faction, combo of the enforces, vistas and techs. Make our own little community and everything.
Green wire FTW

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Fri May 22, 2009 2:13 am

a new photo to show first person mode.

Merovech

Post by Merovech » Fri May 22, 2009 2:42 am

Im a Vista for sure... if the graphics are not dog ugly and I can play it without trying to slaw out my eyes... Goodbye WoW and EVE.
What does a month worth of food really look like?: http://tinyurl.com/pvymvrw
Suburban Family Tornado Shelter and Preparation: http://tinyurl.com/na8qsfr
Cast Iron Skillets for Everyday Use and Beyond: http://tinyurl.com/onu62yj

That German Guy

Post by That German Guy » Fri May 22, 2009 2:55 am

While none of the factions fits my usual style of play/the moraös of my normal characters, the concept alone beats WoW. If the developers don't totally screw up the game, I'm down for a few hours per day.
SMoAF wrote:We all ended up moving in together at one point, and I paid our rent in guns.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:No one on ZS worth their membership would be in a frozen forest, alone, without being loaded out like they've got Les Fucking Stroud himself in their enormous and ergonomic backpack.

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Fri May 22, 2009 8:21 am

Interesting.....

:D
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

That German Guy

Post by That German Guy » Fri May 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Oh, and one thing: If the crafting system is really that elaborate, please let it require a rifling bank for making rifled guns.
That is all.
;)
SMoAF wrote:We all ended up moving in together at one point, and I paid our rent in guns.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:No one on ZS worth their membership would be in a frozen forest, alone, without being loaded out like they've got Les Fucking Stroud himself in their enormous and ergonomic backpack.

Keith B
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Resident Evil 3
Did not like 28 days later

Post by Keith B » Fri May 22, 2009 2:05 pm

I'm thinking enforcer or traveler. A ZS faction seems like a good idea,
The asshole formerly known as Sigboy40

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Fri May 22, 2009 2:11 pm

I'm worried about the economy and if it'll end up like SW: Galaxies, what with everything having to be made by players. I've always thought it a good idea to have a base line of average-quality stuff that people can buy from NPCs, good-quality stuff they can scavenge on their own, and the best-quality stuff that is made by other players/found in high-end raids, etc.

This gives a nice tier structure so you don't end up like you did in Galaxies where 99% of crafters were catering to the top 5% of players, leaving all the low-end and mid-game people to scrounge whatever asstastic POS they could find to use.
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Fri May 22, 2009 2:24 pm

Maeklos wrote:I'm worried about the economy and if it'll end up like SW: Galaxies, what with everything having to be made by players. I've always thought it a good idea to have a base line of average-quality stuff that people can buy from NPCs, good-quality stuff they can scavenge on their own, and the best-quality stuff that is made by other players/found in high-end raids, etc.

This gives a nice tier structure so you don't end up like you did in Galaxies where 99% of crafters were catering to the top 5% of players, leaving all the low-end and mid-game people to scrounge whatever asstastic POS they could find to use.
Yeah, SWG was good but I hated spending all my time working to buy a stupid weapon from a crafter so that I could fight harder stuff to buy my next weapon from a crafter to rinse and repeat. Hopefully if we can get enough people together, we can have our own little economy and it won't be that bad. You're right though, it just depends on how they implement it.

Any betas wanna weigh in? Or do we just have the one?

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Fri May 22, 2009 6:07 pm

BigDaddyTX wrote:
Maeklos wrote:I'm worried about the economy and if it'll end up like SW: Galaxies, what with everything having to be made by players. I've always thought it a good idea to have a base line of average-quality stuff that people can buy from NPCs, good-quality stuff they can scavenge on their own, and the best-quality stuff that is made by other players/found in high-end raids, etc.

Yeah, SWG was good but I hated spending all my time working to buy a stupid weapon from a crafter so that I could fight harder stuff to buy my next weapon from a crafter to rinse and repeat. Hopefully if we can get enough people together, we can have our own little economy and it won't be that bad. You're right though, it just depends on how they implement it.

Any betas wanna weigh in? Or do we just have the one?
who is in beta? admitting so would also be a breach of the NDA.

on a side note I can't figure out which faction would best represent ZS. We could always pick no faction and be neutrals, but that would probably be more of a pain in the ass then needed.

-Vistas would be more like ZS if it weren't for the environmentalism crap.
-travelers are essentially thieves and assassins ( although they sound fun if you play them as scavengers).
-techs are the crafters, but im not sure a crafting oriented guild is our thing
- lightbearers...puh-lease! we are not going to be helping the weak and unprepared.
- enforcers might be more of our area ,but they are kind of facists
- chota are to chaotic.

so far I am leaning towards travelers as they are so broad in their description and travel in clans that are independent of the others.

here is some gameplay video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tF7v3MNZ9w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81O64t6dkKs

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Fri May 22, 2009 10:34 pm

Well, the graphics aren't awe inspiring, but they'll do. The blood effects just appear to suck, it looks like if they fixed those it would probably look quite a bit better from the trailers. If the gameplay is good, the graphics won't matter, so here's hoping the gameplay is a 10/10. I haven't wanted to play an MMO in a long time.. except for SWTOR which looks like it'll be amazing too. :D Maybe I'll go play some DDO.. hmm..

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”