Zombie Apokalypse Germany

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Wolpertinger
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them

Zombie Apokalypse Germany

Post by Wolpertinger » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:46 pm

In 2010 a friend of me called me: hey I found a big zombie game (LARP) do you want to join me? I had nothing better to do so I said yes and it was awesome. Since then i hunted and was hunted by zombies, once a week, every year. Here a little YouTube clip to get a better picture what it looks like:
https://youtu.be/2GnrEjf_ew4
No i‘m Not in this video. But in some others.

The rules are easy. You have to survive. If you get biten you will die. Than you become a zombie or your Charakter is dead and you have to play a new one but most people join the ranks of the undead. The game starts Friday afternoon wit round about 200 survivors and 300 zombies. After the fist night mostly half of the survivors are undead. For newcomers the death ratio is much higher. Is think it’s over 80%.

The zombies are the classic Romero zombies. Slow and nearly indestructible except the brain. But there are some special mutants to.
-Runners Wicht i dont have to explain.
-crawler. Like the hunters from left for dead. Played by some Parcours runner. So you have a real Problem if they hunt you and they also take a lot of bullets before they go down.
-der Henker (the executioner) a big unkillible Guy with a Axe. You know Pyramide Head from Silent Hill? He is nearly the same.

You can protect your self with LARP weapons or nerf guns. The hand to hand weapons work good but the reliability, range and accuracy are shit. So i mostly use my axe. Only against mutants wich are to dangerous to fight in close quarter combat. You can find Ammunition in game or by killing Zombies. Sometimes they carry ammo with them.
That’s how this game works.

In my first games I learned a lot of stuff about Zombies and normal people. The first thing was the normal people will die like flys. I can’t count how much of the ones who are the first timeout the Zombie Apokalypse die in the first night. Or even before the night has started.
Your biggest strength is your brain. Use it. Don’t fight the Zombies. Evade them. It trick them. Camouflage is king. Zombies only search randomly through the area. Wearing camouflage and laying still on the ground can save ammo and life’s.

The night is both you’re friend and enemy. You can evade nearly all zombies and can move a lot if you are quiet. But you also don’t see zombies on the ground and crawler are even more Dangerous. I don’t have night vision. That makes it even more tense. I have to rely on my hearing and instincts. My big advantage was I served for several years. So I learnd to move realy silently and know how to stay hidden in the night.
Sometimes we take a building and bug in. At night we have small groups around the building who hunt down small groups of zombies. If a big group is coming close this small groups distract them with noise and/or light. Pulling them away from our hideout. With that Taktik some can rest and sleep relatively save.

Now we are at a big point. The lone wolf dies. Only the pack survives. Without a group surviving this event is nearly impossible.

I‘m sure I forgot a lot of things so ask me if you want to know something.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Zombie Apokalypse Germany

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Wolpertinger wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:46 pm
The lone wolf dies. Only the pack survives. Without a group surviving this event is nearly impossible.
I believe it. Oh yeah.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Zombie Apokalypse Germany

Post by raptor » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:25 am

A wolf pack is more than a pack of unrelated individuals. They tend to be a family and related by blood.

So yes a lone wolf is also easy prey.
MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:46 pm
Wolpertinger wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:46 pm
The lone wolf dies. Only the pack survives. Without a group surviving this event is nearly impossible.
I believe it. Oh yeah.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”