Battlefield 4

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

R_C_S

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by R_C_S » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:31 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
R_C_S wrote::crazy:

They joined in on a server I had been playing for awhile. I was about to sign off when they got in so I stuck around and sucked.

Last night a rando friendo and I exchanged sniper fire on Hanian Resort (I was on the ship at first set of MCOMMs) I landed a 711m on his noggin, then he hit me with a 823. We were laughing about it while both our teams yelled at us. :words: :awesome:
Was it a rented server or Official?

That's funny, and a good shot. How do you communicate with a guy on the other team during a game? We can't do that on PS3.
Beats me. I don't pay attention to server types...

On PC we get a little chatbox in the upper left hand corner of our screen that pops up when a new message is sent. Hit "J' to speak to everyone, "K" to speak to team only, and "L" to speak to squad only. You should really get into PCs, dude. Changed my life.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:35 am

R_C_S wrote:
MacWa77ace wrote:... How do you communicate with a guy on the other team during a game? We can't do that on PS3.
On PC we get a little chatbox in the upper left hand corner of our screen that pops up when a new message is sent. Hit "J' to speak to everyone, "K" to speak to team only, and "L" to speak to squad only. You should really get into PCs, dude. Changed my life.
OK, I've seen that chat on the youtube PC videos but I assumed it was team comms only, and we sort of have that in PS3. But on PS3 you can't type what you want to, you have about 12 preset phrases [because there is no keyboard] that you can choose from called the 'Commorose', some are commands, some are requests, and some are responses, that you select and send. You also get squad, team and commander score points when you issue a command and then someone gives you an Affirmative and also when they actually do what you ordered. But it is for your team/squad only.

Man, I really like how the infantry part of the game plays after the FALL UPDATE, now that they made it more like BF3 I'll be playing as infantry more. I don't know what it was before, but BF4 infantry play had always given me the feeling that I couldn't see anything. And I was getting shot from behind or the side constantly like I had tunnel vision or something. Didn't seem to 'feel' that way last weekend. And I had a blast. :clap:

Almost forgot, finally unlocked the SRAW and got two kills with it, and in one round of Zavod 311 downed 3 helos using RPGs and got multi kills to boot on each.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

ImageImageImage

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:29 pm

I think the Commorose is universal across all platforms, as I still have it on PC after using it on Xbox. It's useful but no one really gives out orders, and if I'm Squad leader I'll accidentally mark an objective trying to spot enemies 3 out of 10 times. That's awkward when you mark an Obj across the map :rofl:

The fall update is the bomb digitty, and it never touched my Type 88 LMG, my love. I should really play more classes.

I've also been Assignment grinding a lot, need to unlock the GOL Magnum next.

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:46 am

No luck unlocking the GOL Magnum OR uploading a video. I've been building a new office computer for work (I guess I'm the IT guy as well) so that's taken up a bit of time.

Just wanted to bring this to you all:
http://youtu.be/sUgbqREPXpg

If you don't know, Neebs is Noob from Battlefield Friends, and this is his gaming channel.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:47 am

R_C_S wrote:No luck unlocking the GOL Magnum OR uploading a video. I've been building a new office computer for work (I guess I'm the IT guy as well) so that's taken up a bit of time.

Just wanted to bring this to you all:
http://youtu.be/sUgbqREPXpg

If you don't know, Neebs is Noob from Battlefield Friends, and this is his gaming channel.
It looks like he's 'Neebs__' [underscore underscore] for PS3 and PS4. I'ma send him a friend request.

:roll: Channel added to favs.

He did the 'Manpose' on a chaise lounge on Hunan. :clap: You see that?

My co-workers here don't usually hear rap coming from my workspace so when I blasted it out just now all the rap fans here came around my desk to see WTF was up. Had to answer a bunch of questions about 'Jeep Stuff'.

FYI
Recon's field upgrade set to 'Spec Ops' gives you 6 Jeep Stuffs
Engineer's field upgrade set to 'Anti Tank' gives you 6 Jeep Stuffs

2 Jeep Stuffs = 1 tank kill.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

ImageImageImage

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:26 am

Yeah, my brother shouted out "Sexy manpose!" when that part came up!

I'm a big fan of Jeep Stuff but I don't make Boom-boom Jeeps very often. Guess I'm weird like that.

Also, last night I should have unlocked the MP7 by taking down an air vehicle with the Portable AA on Zavod 311 but alas, it did not register.

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Hey, Mac, sorry I haven't done shiite about uploading. My software is being a pain.

In lieu, check out this guy's channel. He gets clips sent to him and mashes them up rather nicely. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpcv0i ... VAW531Yhlw

I actually just sent one in not too long ago.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Gawd Messr, this guy's got over 50 episodes. :shock:
I'm still trying to catch up on the Levelcap and NeebsGaming stuff, etc etc. I'll check it out, thanks.

I've got some days off coming up next week so if I use some of the time for gaming I should be moving into #1 spot in Florida for Jet Kills [currently #2], the #5 spot in the USA [currently #9] only need about 400 kills for that; and 'finally' get into the world rankings in Jet Kills on PS3. World ranked within the next 6 weeks or so I think, I'll need about 800+ kills @ .6 KPM how much time will that take?

For some weird reason I'm currently ranked #8 in the world in Air Superiority overall score PS3 on BF4stats.com . IDKW. But its funny that I'm the lowest ranked guy up there on that one leaderboard. http://bf4stats.com/leaderboards/ps3_mode_8388608 Its weird 'cause there are probably 100s of guys in the world on PS3 with way more Jet Kills than I have so why am I that far ahead of them then?

Here's something else weird, my player stat has me down as 5004 Jet Kills but the Leaderboard has me at only 4919.

But now that they fixed the infantry, I've been dividing my time up and having fun playing more of that than before. It's funny, I'll be at about 360+ in skill after playing AS, then play infantry for a couple hours and drop to 150 in skill, then go back to AS for a few rounds to boost my skill back to 350ish before quitting.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

ImageImageImage

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:08 am

Jesus, what a hacker.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:37 am

:roll: [thanks for blue typing that]
I've been getting a lot of hate PM's thru PSN lately. AAMOF, got two from two different guys in one round last weekend. You pretty much quoted all of 'em. I'm like, 'OOoo, a friend request, yaaaay, ... well that's not a friend request'. [Hopes dashed :( ] The guys on your team hate you because you take all the kills and the guys on the other team hate you 'cause you kill 'em all nemesis style. :lol:

Sometimes when I've killed the same guy for the 4th or 5th time in a round of Air Superiority, I'll start hoping he doesn't fly right in front of me anymore and/or think, "this guy must be hating on me." That's probably not the killer attitude I should have, but to those guys that go 0-14 and stick out the round, my hat's off to them. That was me when I first started flying jets. And I'm STILL working my way back to up to a 1.0 K/D recovering from that n00b syndrome. [0.98]

I still have a lot of bad rounds, so come and kill me. I need a target rich environment.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

ImageImageImage

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:14 am

I didn't even see this first one from PerciusLive 11/1 until just now.
It says. "You Skilless Fuck, learn to shoot your guns." Musta killed him with a missile. He's ranked #16 in the world. That's how Mac is makin' friends and takin' names.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ba ... 346675269/

The two hack comments came from this game. 11/1
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ba ... 346675269/

FYI: with PS3 you have to leave the game [not quit, just move out to the OS] and type with a really bad GUI and a game controller to send PM's. So messages are usually short and sweet. Percius musta been really pissed to send that much love.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

ImageImageImage

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:49 pm

Holy hell. Butthurt is flowing like wine in Aspen.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:23 am

R_C_S wrote:Holy hell. Butthurt is flowing like wine in Aspen.
Got another one this weekend, "cheater". I was like, 'come on guy, make 'em hurt. That's way to nice to even be worth the effort to post them to ZS forum / Battlefield 4.'

Assault Life and I added another 1401 points to the ZS Platoon score Monday. Hardcore style. Leaves about 3600 points to reach rank 1. Weirdly, for two of the rounds we were on opposing teams but it still counted toward our ZS platoon score.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/pl ... 719140868/
Lifetime gamer watch at:

ImageImageImage

Assault Life

Post by Assault Life » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:22 pm

Yes, apparently your team was full when my queue was up. Then I remembered how much "core" mode aggravated me, and went back to playing hardcore. We had some good wins when we were teamed up though.
I fear not the Valley, for I am the Shadow

We'reWolf

Post by We'reWolf » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:06 am

if you have it for pc my origin name is IRUNCITIES
The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction.

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:50 am

We'reWolf wrote:if you have it for pc my origin name is IRUNCITIES
Until now it was a mystery who you were on here. :clap:

I'm Messruppr1, BTW.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:11 am

Made #1 PS3 Fighter Jet in Florida and #6 Fighter Jet in the USA this weekend. Also moved to #5 in the World PS3 Air Superiority Score on BF4stats.com Leaderboards.

Got a new headset too. It was on sale reg $79.99, got it for $59.99. wallyworld.com

My old one was wireless and the rechargeable batteries were getting tired. This one is much better.

Turtle Beach PX22.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

ImageImageImage

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:46 am

Noice! :clap: I want to play more Air Superiority but I suck haha

BTW, Mac, I got my software working. New clip should be up by Wed, followed by some Far Cry 4 stuff.

Edit to add: Do you people have any tips for a guy that wants to get good at flying helis on PC?

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:16 pm

R_C_S wrote:
Edit to add: Do you people have any tips for a guy that wants to get good at flying helis on PC?
Thanks.
Will check the clips out when they go live.

Not PC specific but...

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=108846&start=336#p2524661

My first/best tip is Ride B4 you drive. Ride as a helo gunner, or helo spotter as an engineer with a repair tool. You can unlock all your helo unlocks that way, just make sure your driver is experienced. Watch what they do when driving to learn tactics. Practice flying, taking off, landing and aiming on the test range. Helos can take from 1 to 5 passengers, you don't want to jump in as a n00b driver, have 5 guys jump in behind you, take off and then crash killing yourself and all your sticks. You won't make friends that way. But riding shotgun and repairing your ride for your driver and spotting targets for an entire round, priceless.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

ImageImageImage

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:19 pm

I am fairly certain that at least 50% of the points I have on my engineer class is because I repair EVERYTHING. :awesome:

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:14 pm

I'm pretty good with the Blackhawks. I can never get a little bird or Apache. I imagine I'm not very good with the
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:35 am

well the new maps are pretty fun. Something's wrong though because my loadouts aren't staying where I leave them set. Not the end of the world but a pain in the ass when I pop in and realize I'm with noob gun and no gadget in slot 3. Wieners.

looks like the new phantom reward is hinted to be a bow and arrow or crossbow

I just want the grappling crossbow from bf2 and hardline. Loved that thing
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:15 pm

Went to play last night on my PS3 and had to update the PS3 OS software and then started BF4 and had to update that software. I just wanted to play a little Air Superiority. :shock:

Anyhow, the update changed the color of the reticle in the jets to a fluorescent green, like a green laser which is visible in all light conditions. YAAAAY! So simple. But the update also reset all my jet loadout settings to default and I had to fix that. I checked to see if my aim assist was on also cause that went on in the last update but it was still off.

Played a little, ranked up once. Got a rank up Battlepack.

Went on Battlelog to open it and check my scores and GLITCHED INTO 10 GOLD BATTLEPACKS !! :mrgreen: whaaaat!?!? Christmas came early fo' Mac....

You remember a while ago I said I somehow got all my grenades unlocked, [possible glitch] which they are and I can equip them anytime I want on my PS3, but they still show up in my unlock progression as something to unlock.

Some weird stuff.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

ImageImageImage

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:55 pm

Some guy on Reddit got 82 Battlepacks or something like that. I haven't looked since the last update.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”