Fallout 4......

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Fallout 4......

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:54 pm

jor-el wrote:Look at the .ini file in My Games/Fallout 4.
The autosave is set to activate by default every 10 minutes as well as after every wakeup from sleep and a few other places. At 4mb apiece with only a few mods activated that's at least 24-25mb/hour.
With lots of mods and a lot of ingame conditions altered like having all your settlements populated to 20+ and fully outfitted with armor sets and weapons, your saves should be more like 100mb apiece. 10 hours of gaming could bulk up to 6gb in saves.

I would set autosave to something like once an hour or more. And try to clean up the autosaves before shutting down. In the folder the autosaves are clearly marked.
That might work for PC, but I'm playing on Xbox One, Jor-El.

I deleted a bunch of old game saves and disabled the save on wait and rest options so I can avoid the issue I had before.

I also found a secret trader near Fairlane (or is it Fairline ?) Estates. You follow a path from a broken tree until you find a cage with a dog in it. Unlock the cage (it's an advanced lock so make sure your lockpicking skill is high enough) and fight off the two hunters who spawn, making sure they don't kill the dog. After they're dead, follow the dog for a little bit and he'll lead you to a trailer with a lady named Eleanor. She's the trader and stocks a ton of ammo.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:55 pm

So [spoilers follow] if Sole Survivor's son Shaun's DNA was used to create the Gen 3 synths, and if Curie is a Gen 3 synth, and if the Sole Survivor romances Curie.... :oh:
Mostly not here anymore.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:52 pm

dogbane wrote:So [spoilers follow] if Sole Survivor's son Shaun's DNA was used to create the Gen 3 synths, and if Curie is a Gen 3 synth, and if the Sole Survivor romances Curie.... :oh:
Anyone else hear banjos playing ? :lol:

Personally, I'm more interested in Piper. I love her attitude and I honestly don't mind her calling me 'Blue'. To me it shows she cares enough about me to give me a nickname.

Besides, she's infinitely less annoying than Preston with his constant "Hey, go to this settlement and do everything for them for a measly 100 caps." crap.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:03 pm

I like Piper, Cait and Curie, all for different reasons. Lately, I've been ignoring the Institute quests and running around the Commonwealth with Cait, slaughtering raiders, Gunners, Super Mutants, feral ghouls and other baddies. I have her dressed as Grognak the Barbarian and wielding Grognak's Axe, and I'm wearing the Silver Shroud armor and rocking the Silver Submachine Gun.

Thinking of trying to put together a Clockwork Orange gang outfit, since I got the VATS enhanced walking cane and a Triggerman Bowler Hat. 8-)

Internet picture of Cait in Grognak costume:
Mostly not here anymore.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:20 pm

Wait, you can switch their outfits ?

I've only done that with the Super Mutant named Strong and he looks like a WW1 pilot wearing what looks like half a BBQ pit. :lol:

I didn't know you could switch other companions outfits. I've got a bunch of dresses in my inventory I could let Piper or Cait wear.

I briefly ran around the wastes wearing a green dress, fashionable glasses and a militia hat. The last thing a couple raiders saw was my character wearing that outfit as their heads exploded into a bloody mash. :lol: I really wish there was an option for companions to laugh at whatever the player character wears.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:23 pm

Yeah, you can equip your companions by giving them apparel/weapons and clicking the the Y button. Same with all your settlers. I tend to equip all my settlement guards in fatigues and combat armor. You can undress them by putting them in armor over apparel that doesn't accommodate armor. I had Abernathy Farm as a nudist colony for a while, but the happiness level declined, and I figured it was because they were cold, so I put clothes on them. :lol:
Last edited by dogbane on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly not here anymore.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:32 pm

dogbane wrote:Yeah, you can equip your companions by giving them apparel/weapons and clicking the the Y button.
Thanks, Dogbane.

I'm still roaming the wastes with Strong, but I might switch to Piper when I get a chance. I sent her to Sanctuary when I had the opportunity to switch between her, Nick Valentine or Strong for a quest. Haven't seen her lately around there, so I'm assuming she went with Nick to The Memory Den to await my arrival.

I really hope that's the case and she's not lost somewhere in my game. :ohdear:

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:51 am

I did the Clockwork Orange thing last night: Long Johns, Bowler hat, and walking stick. Beat a few raiders to death. Just needed a little of the old Ludwig Van.

Ran into Parker Quinn and bought his charge card. I knew it was a scam, but I'm bloody rich.
Mostly not here anymore.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:02 am

Picked up a full suit of X-01 Power Armor and a couple of partial suits last night. I painted the full suit with the Shark design. Looks like:
Mostly not here anymore.

Shmerlin

Post by Shmerlin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:34 am

Been a while, but I'm on my second playthrough. I dug the Nuka World DLC, wasnt a big fan of the *spoilers* raider options...as I am Shiva, destroyer of worlds to raiders, but the parks were fun.

I haven't developed my newest weapons yet, but i'm working on my .50 Sniper, .45 combat rifle, Shotgun (need to find the Le Fusil Terribles) again.
Dinner Adventures, My restuarant review blog.

quazi

Post by quazi » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:16 am

Wow, I assumed that you had died years ago. Welcome back!

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:51 am

I really want to rename my guns on the game, but I can't come up with any good or clever names.

I kind of want to name the advanced assault rifle I'm currently using "Organ Grinder" or something like that since it makes short work of damn near everything in the Commonwealth. Even Deathclaws aren't much of a problem for this gun.

Also, for the first time since they appeared, I scored two full sets of Brotherhood of Steel power armor last night. I was walking around Quincy and spotted a Vertibird engaging the Gunners there. The famed BOS was no match for the dozen or so Gunners, but with a little work and whole lot of bullets, I took them down. After the battle, I went into loot mode and scored a bunch of neat stuff, including said BOS armor. They need to be repaired since they're in bad shape, but I've got enough aluminum and other parts to do so.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:08 am

My kid thinks my weapon names are stupid. I call my napalm-thrower "OOO Burn!" My sniper rifle is "Yoo Hoo!" He does kinda like my .45 combat rifle, "Bloodbath."
Mostly not here anymore.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:58 pm

If I could only find a Super Mutant sized organ grinder monkey outfit, I'd go with my idea of naming my assault rifle "Organ Grinder". :lol:

I kind of want to name the sniper rifles I've used "White Feather" and "Vasili" after Carlos Hathcock and Vasili Zaitsev. I wish there was an option to give your weapons custom finishes. I know there's probably a mod for that, but I'd have liked to have seen one in the base game instead.

Shmerlin

Post by Shmerlin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:54 pm

quazi wrote:Wow, I assumed that you had died years ago. Welcome back!

LOL me?

quazi

Post by quazi » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:27 am

Yes, you. I hadn't seen any posts from you in like seventeen years. I assumed that Florida had finally killed you like it has so many others.

(I'm guessing it's just a case of me hanging out on different parts of the forum.)

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:09 pm

Well, I'm now traveling the Commonwealth with Piper the reporter. Tried the whole 'change her outfit' thing and just left her in her standard gear. I may revisit that idea when I find some better outfits for her.

Another thing I've noticed while running around with Piper is that without the hat she wears, she looks eerily similar to my characters deceased and frozen wife. Especially when I have her wear one of the clean dresses or casual outfits. Anyone else notice that ?

Shmerlin

Post by Shmerlin » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:43 pm

quazi wrote:Yes, you. I hadn't seen any posts from you in like seventeen years. I assumed that Florida had finally killed you like it has so many others.

(I'm guessing it's just a case of me hanging out on different parts of the forum.)

LOL, no i haven't been active as much at all (wife/kids/job/etc) I do still try to game every now and then. I"m on my 2nd play through w/ FO4, and i forgot how actually weak i still feel rocking around the high 20's low 30's level count. Then i realize i'm trying to take out Mirelurk queens and deathclaws with a minorly tricked out pipe rifle and not my weapons from the last game.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:53 am

Investing in stores in settlements will make PC fabulously wealthy before too long. When I topped 100k caps, I decided to visit all the Commonwealth vendors and buy shipments of raw materials, cool guns, apparel, armor, power armor frames, ammo.

Built a jetpack for one of my X-01 suits. I was disappointed that it only works as a jump boost. I wanted to fly all around the Commonwealth like Iron man.
Mostly not here anymore.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:14 pm

I've been hesitant to invest in any of the settlement shops. Mostly because I tend to find a ton of caps in various places now that my "Fortune Finder" perk is pretty high. Ammo is still a slight problem, but once I max out my 'Scrounger' perk it should be easier.

I might invest in the weapons shops in Diamond City or Bunker Hill, though.

I wish the skill and customization books were easier to find. I've only found two of the 'Hot Rod' books and exactly one of the hair style books. Pretty much everything else is easier to find, but not by much. Either I'm an idiot and overlooking their locations or Bethesda did a damn good job at hiding them. :lol:

quazi

Post by quazi » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:26 pm

My brother is going to be spending a month or two in Oregon. I gave him a spent 10mm casing to hide somewhere in Klamath for me.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:08 pm

So I was playing the game last night (after updating it on my console for whatever reason behind that) and in the midst of a brief firefight with a pair of woefully equipped raiders, Piper decides she wants to talk. Not wanting to end up with a bullet in my head, in addition to the several in my ass already, I quickly dispatch the raiders and talk to Piper.

Turns out, she wanted to thank me for helping her figure out her kid sister needed her in her life and for not ignoring her like the rest of the world. I have no idea why she waited until we were getting shot at to tell me this, but it's cool in the end.

Oh, and I'm apparently her wasteland lover or something according to the little info blip that popped up after our conversation and my flirting attempt ended. I didn't know we were that far along in our relationship that romance was an option, but I'm ok with it.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:18 pm

So far, Deacon is keeping my PC in the friend zone, although she has romantic relations with Piper, Cait and Curie.

I discovered yesterday that I could make apparel armor mods, so I made an armored tuxedo with something like 142 damage protection. Now she is running around the Commonwealth in style, using a suppressed .45 sniper rifle and a suppressed 10 mm pistol for most things.

I do have to say, though, that my Gauss rifle is the bestest for a horde of Gen-1 synths.
Mostly not here anymore.

dogbane

Post by dogbane » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:19 pm

BTW, I've been reading theories that the crows are Institute surveillance drones.
Mostly not here anymore.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”