Fallout 4......

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Re: Fallout 4......

Post by dogbane » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:05 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
quazi wrote:Did you see the Fallout movie script that got leaked a while back? Man, it looked terrible. IIRC it was from when Interplay was flailing around trying to grab whatever cash they could before going under.
Nope. I never saw that script.

I'll see if I can't find a copy of it online somewhere. That is if Bethesda hasn't wiped it from existence by now.

Still, I want to see a real Fallout movie at some point. I know there's a few really awesome amateur made Fallout films (and more than a few that look like total crap), but a real Fallout movie would be epic.
I don't think a full script was ever written, but here is the full treatment (which is like a scene-by-scene script summary or abstract): http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_film_treatment
Mostly not here anymore.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:21 pm

dogbane wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
quazi wrote:Did you see the Fallout movie script that got leaked a while back? Man, it looked terrible. IIRC it was from when Interplay was flailing around trying to grab whatever cash they could before going under.
Nope. I never saw that script.

I'll see if I can't find a copy of it online somewhere. That is if Bethesda hasn't wiped it from existence by now.

Still, I want to see a real Fallout movie at some point. I know there's a few really awesome amateur made Fallout films (and more than a few that look like total crap), but a real Fallout movie would be epic.
I don't think a full script was ever written, but here is the full treatment (which is like a scene-by-scene script summary or abstract): http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_film_treatment
Thanks for the link, Dogbane.

Boosted98gsx

Post by Boosted98gsx » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Woot, my R9 390 showed up today :)
Do it right, or get your brains eaten.

quazi

Post by quazi » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:41 am

dogbane wrote:I don't think a full script was ever written, but here is the full treatment (which is like a scene-by-scene script summary or abstract): http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_film_treatment
I didn't know that (script vs. treatment), thanks for the info!
Boosted98gsx wrote:Woot, my R9 390 showed up today :)
Nice!

My junk all showed up this week, but I'm going to continue using my old computer as my primary until I finally beat Fallout 3. My current attempt at it (which was supposed to be quick) is at 155 hours. I have that Explorer perk, and it looks like I have 34 marked locations remaining to visit. I still haven't finished the main story.

I'm bummed that I won't have time to beat New Vegas before Fallout 4 comes out. I think I played it for about a hundred hours and I liked it more than Fallout 3. I just don't know that I'll ever go back to it after Fallout 4 becomes available.

I think I'll get my new PC built this weekend, just to be sure that it is working and I don't have to send any parts back. Here's what I got:
4 GHz Intel Core i7-6700k
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 (4 GB)
32 GB Crucial DDR4 2133 (actually kind of cheap RAM, but I've had good luck with cheap Crucial RAM)

I also finally bought an SSD (512 GB Samsung 850 Pro).

Boosted98gsx

Post by Boosted98gsx » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:51 pm

quazi wrote:
dogbane wrote:I don't think a full script was ever written, but here is the full treatment (which is like a scene-by-scene script summary or abstract): http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_film_treatment
I didn't know that (script vs. treatment), thanks for the info!
Boosted98gsx wrote:Woot, my R9 390 showed up today :)
Nice!

My junk all showed up this week, but I'm going to continue using my old computer as my primary until I finally beat Fallout 3. My current attempt at it (which was supposed to be quick) is at 155 hours. I have that Explorer perk, and it looks like I have 34 marked locations remaining to visit. I still haven't finished the main story.

I'm bummed that I won't have time to beat New Vegas before Fallout 4 comes out. I think I played it for about a hundred hours and I liked it more than Fallout 3. I just don't know that I'll ever go back to it after Fallout 4 becomes available.

I think I'll get my new PC built this weekend, just to be sure that it is working and I don't have to send any parts back. Here's what I got:
4 GHz Intel Core i7-6700k
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 (4 GB)
32 GB Crucial DDR4 2133 (actually kind of cheap RAM, but I've had good luck with cheap Crucial RAM)

I also finally bought an SSD (512 GB Samsung 850 Pro).
Those samsung Pro's are good drives for certain. Upgrading to an SSD, I will maintain, was the best performance upgrade I've done to my gaming PC.

However, I will be an AMD fanboy till they go belly up. For the pricepoint, you simply cannot touch them. Not to mention the black editions are completely unlocked. Overclocking joy.

quazi

Post by quazi » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:39 am

I read that for PC they aren't shipping the full version of the game on Blu Ray, they're shipping a DVD and you will still have to download most of the game. Some nonsense about piracy.

There is a pretty good character creator over at http://vault111.com/

This is what I'm thinking:
Strength 1
Perception 4
Endurance 1
Charisma 10
Intelligence 8
Agility 3
Luck 1

I like playing smart, charismatic characters who can talk their way through as much as possible. I usually also play sneaky snipers, but it looks like starting out I'm not sure I could do both of those things well, so I'm going to focus on the charisma side. I could cut back intelligence and put more into agility and perception, but I think I'm going to stick with a really high intelligence because it grants bonus XP making you level up faster. Seems like a good thing to take early on. This build will also let me starting getting all of the perks that I really want the most right off the bat* without having to level up any of my SPECIAL abilities to get them.

*Granted there are some perks which haven't had their details leaked yet. When more info becomes available I might change my mind.
Boosted98gsx wrote:However, I will be an AMD fanboy till they go belly up. For the pricepoint, you simply cannot touch them. Not to mention the black editions are completely unlocked. Overclocking joy.
I must admit, despite being a professional computer nerd I don't really keep up on computer hardware. I bought an Intel processor because I'm a little more familiar with what the numbers mean, and I bought an nVidia card because they generally work a little better with Linux.

I should have put more time into comparing things on Tom's Hardware, but I had this feeling that I needed this shit NOW! Of course, it is still sitting in a pile waiting to be put together.

quazi

Post by quazi » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:28 pm

A lot more details have been released/leaked. Unfortunately story spoilers are also pretty prevalent right now, so be careful.

Some of the information on perks has me considering not buffing Intelligence so much and either dumping more into Agility or Perception, but I figure I'll stick with the original plan and just level up faster.

I'm really hoping the dialogue system rewards our SPECIAL and perk choices, and that we have a way of telling where our additional dialogue choices are coming from.

mzmc
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Started out with Resident Evil, but I got better.

Post by mzmc » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:50 pm

Okay, here we go.

I'm ready, I'm so ready, I... oh, it doesn't even turn own? Okay... that things actually consumes 400 Watts?!?! ...

Okay...

NOW I'm ready. This will be glorious. :awesome:

So I've got a question:

Would any of you also like it if it Fallout continued to go into the "post-post apocalyptic" direction established by Fallout 2 and New Vegas? The rise of a new civilisation after the end of the one. It has been 200 years since the war after all.

Fallout 2 was pretty good at showing the birth of the New California Rebulic, and New Vegas showed us its eastern frontier a few decades later, in an incredibly interesting way.

It's pretty awesome, and a lot fresher than the extreme doom & gloom of Fallout 1 and 3...
May contain traces of derp.

quazi

Post by quazi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:01 pm

Should we make a new thread for Fallout 4 post-launch? It might be a good idea since the majority of this thread is speculation and wishful dreaming from years ago.
mzmc wrote:So I've got a question:

Would any of you also like it if it Fallout continued to go into the "post-post apocalyptic" direction established by Fallout 2 and New Vegas? The rise of a new civilisation after the end of the one. It has been 200 years since the war after all.

Fallout 2 was pretty good at showing the birth of the New California Rebulic, and New Vegas showed us its eastern frontier a few decades later, in an incredibly interesting way.

It's pretty awesome, and a lot fresher than the extreme doom & gloom of Fallout 1 and 3...
Yes and no. I enjoyed the progression of civilization between Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout: New Vegas. It made more sense to have civilization start rebuilding itself. It was weird to me that in Fallout 3 human civilization was more or less at the same point as in the first Fallout. There is no canon material that I know of to back this up, but in my head I just told myself that D.C. got nuked so much worse than the rest of the country that it was a radioactive hell hole for a lot longer, and by the time of Fallout 3 it had only been a few generations since people were able to start scavenging and colonizing the area. (My limited understanding of radioactive fallout is that it only takes a few weeks for most of the danger of immediate radiation poisoning to pass, but Fallout is fantasy and has always played fast and loose with radiation.)

From what has been released it looks like the area around Boston might be a lot more developed civilization-wise than the Capital Wasteland. With the settlement-building aspect of the game I imagine we'll also have the option of personally making a big impact on the rebuilding of civilization.

Now, on the other hand I find post-apocalyptic more enjoyable than post-post apocalyptic. What I wish they would do is set more games in the past. There is a lot of space in the U.S. alone that doesn't have much established post-war history. They could easily set some games in the same time period as Fallout 1, or even earlier.

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:10 am

Thinking the steam servers might be a touch bogged down right now. My FIBER internet is showing 138 days to finish the update to start the game...

quazi

Post by quazi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:39 am

Confucius wrote:Thinking the steam servers might be a touch bogged down right now. My FIBER internet is showing 138 days to finish the update to start the game...
:shock:

And I was just whining about how pre-ordering the collector's edition meant I was going to have to wait about a week for the game to arrive. :lol:

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Damn you Doc (OP) and Quazi...I didn't finish FO3 and got the bug for FO4..downloading now @ 87 %
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

Mountainsquid
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(Snyder), Zombieland

Post by Mountainsquid » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:50 pm

FYI, be careful opening the case to the special edition. The latches snapped right the fuck off when I pulled them and I have weak little t-rex arms.

quazi

Post by quazi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:06 pm

Confucius wrote:Thinking the steam servers might be a touch bogged down right now. My FIBER internet is showing 138 days to finish the update to start the game...
Polygon had an article today saying that Fallout 4 has set a record for the most concurrent users playing a game on Steam. (Apparently the record is actually held by DOTA 2, but Valve doesn't count games they own.)
JackBauer wrote:Damn you Doc (OP) and Quazi...I didn't finish FO3 and got the bug for FO4..downloading now @ 87 %
Yeah, I didn't end up finishing Fallout 3 either. I'm about 179 hours in. Maybe I'll finish it if it really does take a week for my copy of Fallout 4 to arrive.
Mountainsquid wrote:FYI, be careful opening the case to the special edition. The latches snapped right the fuck off when I pulled them and I have weak little t-rex arms.
That doesn't speak well for the quality. :shock: I've been hearing mixed reviews in that regard.

A friend sent me a picture of a PS4 edition of FO4 that was broken inside of the case (I'm assuming it was his) with the caption "this is what sadness looks like." :(

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:21 pm

Initial thoughts from about an hour of play:

Buncha clipping errors, got stuck a few times

Controls are shit on the pc, DEFINITELY made for consoles and poorly ported over

Do not like the new conversation system

Haven't really dug in but I'm not liking it so far...

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:21 am

Yeah this sort of thing makes me glad I don't have a next gen console and have to wait... Bethesda always puts out beta tests disguised as full releases. I'll wait until the GOTY edition with all the patches comes out lol
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Boosted98gsx

Post by Boosted98gsx » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:34 pm

Confucius wrote:Initial thoughts from about an hour of play:

Controls are shit on the pc, DEFINITELY made for consoles and poorly ported over

Agreed. I am getting a lot of "unmapped" controls overlapping with my preferred control keys. No me gusta. I only played for a little bit last night, got really fed up and tired of grabbing and dragging corpses around while I walked up to them (I use EDSF for my X&Y axis control keys).

Murgatroy

Post by Murgatroy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:13 pm

PS4 here, other than some minor glitching during conversations, I am liking it.

I am fascinated about how my Mr Handy calls my by name. That is pretty neat.

I am a little over an hour into it, life comes first. I can see it easily eating days away. The construction system is neat, and available really, really early.
Yoda for President

quazi

Post by quazi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Boosted98gsx wrote:
Confucius wrote:Initial thoughts from about an hour of play:

Agreed. I am getting a lot of "unmapped" controls overlapping with my preferred control keys. No me gusta. I only played for a little bit last night, got really fed up and tired of grabbing and dragging corpses around while I walked up to them (I use EDSF for my X&Y axis control keys).
That's sad to hear. Most of the reviews I've seen for PC seemed positive and said that the FPS gameplay was much improved over Fallout 3/New Vegas. I'm getting most of my reviews from other Fallout fanboys though, so they're not exactly unbiased.

My copy still hasn't shipped. I'm trying not to get my hopes up that Amazon will manage to get it to me before the weekend.
Murgatroy wrote:I am a little over an hour into it, life comes first. I can see it easily eating days away. The construction system is neat, and available really, really early.
I'm definitely wanting to get into the settlement building aspect. I'm curious though, if you build a building and don't put up the beacon or whatever that attracts settlers will your base still get attacked? It might be nice to set up safe houses wherever there is a settlement building site, but not have to deal with managing a full-fledged settlement at each location.

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:38 am

This is my first Fallout on PC...I keep opening my pipboy while trying to open VATS :x

But I haven't died that much and I've played about 15 hours so far. Probably 5 of that just building shit and savaging trying to find copper and screws to mod guns and power up my town.

I don't like the perk/levels though.
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:18 pm

DJH wrote:Yeah this sort of thing makes me glad I don't have a next gen console and have to wait... Bethesda always puts out beta tests disguised as full releases. I'll wait until the GOTY edition with all the patches comes out lol
I'm in the same boat as you, dude.

I never buy first day release games anymore. I always wait for at least a year or two after the game or console comes out and the big flaws are corrected.

I also manage to snag the consoles or games for a lot less than what the original price was.

mzmc
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Started out with Resident Evil, but I got better.

Post by mzmc » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:38 pm

The PC version with the newest patch installed (on RELEASE DAY, seriously, Bethesda?) doesn't seem half bad for bugs and glitches.

It ain't New Vegas.
May contain traces of derp.

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Alright, time to stop messing around...

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:11 pm

Humpf. I don't know if it's shitty Bethesda coding, or of something is up with AMD drivers, but I'm well above the recommended specs and this game is an unplayable stuttery mess...

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”