Fallout 4......

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

man in black
Favorite Zombie Movies: shaun of the dead
return of the living dead
28 days later
28 weeks later

Re: Fallout 4......

Post by man in black » Sun May 05, 2013 4:47 pm

Crazy Wolf wrote:
man in black wrote:i like the idea of playing as different races because it influences character interaction, i mean i suppose faction lines and karma do the same thing but i just have a hankering to rove about the wasteland as a supermutant smashing things with a hammer and using a mini nuke like a pistol.
Yes, awesome. Would there be restrictions on which non-species settlements you could go to without hassle, or ones where you'd need the right species'd companion? I mean, racism's no fun, but it would sure as shit add to the realism.

well yeah i think that was kind of my point, i mean ghouls face some pretty crazy rascism in the wasteland so it would be pretty fun to play as a ghoul and experience it firsthand, and then maybe like the ghoul missions would be to establish an all ghoul state in the middle of the wasteland or destroy the apartheid on the ghouls, or go around doing good works to reverse the bloodthirsty zombie stereotype. or i mean the same for the other races that arent human, sort of like trying to found a jacobstown settlment for the supermutants or a camp for runaway android slaves or any of that stuff would be really fun
I think a motorcycle would be totally boss, i mean in NV you saw their rusted out frames everywhere and you had to collect their parts too.
Good idea, they could probably import some of the horse riding system from Skyrim for that, I'd think (assuming the same engine).

I started playing fallout right after i finished oblivion o the whole time all i wished for was a fucking horse, or a gian ant or something to ride. because i am not sure if theres horses in the wasteland.

something they should bring back from three is when you shoot a car or different objects they explode. i liked that. something about getting pinned down by raiders on an overpass and then throwing a single grenade and unleashing nuclear hell beneath me was always awesome.
I agree, but I think there should be a good mix of busted cars to "ready" cars. As though perhaps people before you have been shooting at cars, too.

i kind of also wish there was a raider faction you could align yourself with (i mean the legion sorta and the khans were closer) but i mean i want to be lord humongous you know?
FTFY ;)

...also yes.
also something i liked from NV that they didnt have in three was there was more radio stations that was pretty awesome.
I'd love to see some sort of "coast to coast" AM station, as well as maybe some official settlement radio stations. Maybe recruit a radio station for your settlement, but that comes with an increased risk of raiders honing in on your town.

yeah that would be totally boss as well
i feel like Three was WAY darker and more fucked up while NV was still pretty dark but it was kinda offbeat and goofy at the same time, i wish there was a way to balance that.
Did you play with Wild Wasteland? I feel that should be something to switch on/off, not take up a trait or perk slot.
I did infact do a ww playthrough and i like that way more, i thought it would be totally different but it wasn't tat different. i think it was just more jokes in it really.
As we run into the house
The wall of dead surrounds
Tentacles of decay flesh
Tear and pull us down
Doors and windows boarded shut
But the pressure was too much
Zombie I, girl please run away

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kevincurbstomp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <- my tumblr

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Heres what id like to see...a god damn rucksack to carry your gear in.
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Thu May 09, 2013 7:00 pm

0122358 wrote:Heres what id like to see...a god damn rucksack to carry your gear in.
Theres a mod for that :lol: how many times Have I said that this thread?
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:54 pm

docdredd wrote:
0122358 wrote:Heres what id like to see...a god damn rucksack to carry your gear in.
Theres a mod for that :lol: how many times Have I said that this thread?
i mean i like being able to carry a shit ton of gear...but one thing I like about DayZ is that you have to carry most items in your pack...

maybe not that extreme...but somthing along those lines...and more realistic fps gameplay ( easier handling, leaning, prone)
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Zombie309
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Zombie309 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:13 pm

I'm seeing a lot of rumors that this is gonna be announced at E3.
Check out my book, Zombies Across the Border, in the Fiction section and let me know what you think!

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue May 21, 2013 10:17 pm

I certainly hope so. Since the last of us isnt coming to Pc, its the only thing on my radar....
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Blitzen2k5

Post by Blitzen2k5 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:28 pm

I hope its Fallout 4. Been waiting for it so long. But will have to play it on PC and not console. Since the Xbox One is going to have Kinect integrated and you cant disable it. I am not going to have a webcam sitting in my living room always turning on and connected to the internet. Just waiting to see how long that is going to remain "secure". And the PS4 is supposed to be pretty much the same situation.

So PC for me. Well at least I can play with all the wonderful mods people make as well.
Looking down at this barren land once known as home before. Destruction, all the world. It's an ending we have brought.
Wyatt Earth Lyrics

All the evil in the world can be seen in the eyes of a chicken.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue May 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Yeah I have to say I was pretty underwhelmed with the new x box.. Ill just stick with my Pc thanks.
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

FrANkNstEin

Post by FrANkNstEin » Wed May 22, 2013 9:16 am

@Blitzen:

How about simply taping over the cam? Just like EVERYONE does with their Laptops? (really, i don't know a single person that has not taped over the lens)

you bring up a good point though, this Online crap while playing games... I'm curious if these new systems will run properly if never connected to the web. I don't plan to ever do that, what for? I'm not into multiplayer at all so why would i even want that....?

Not to forget the fact that people who don't need that will still have to buy the crap that gets put im there for online capability...No thanks.

Blitzen2k5

Post by Blitzen2k5 » Wed May 22, 2013 3:14 pm

FrANkNstEin wrote:@Blitzen:

How about simply taping over the cam? Just like EVERYONE does with their Laptops? (really, i don't know a single person that has not taped over the lens)

you bring up a good point though, this Online crap while playing games... I'm curious if these new systems will run properly if never connected to the web. I don't plan to ever do that, what for? I'm not into multiplayer at all so why would i even want that....?

Not to forget the fact that people who don't need that will still have to buy the crap that gets put im there for online capability...No thanks.
Well they are saying the kinect is an integral part of the system. It comes on and turns on your xbox when you enter a room. Or the movie your watching will pause when you get up and walk to the bathroom/kitchen/etc. So if you tape over it, it might stop the xbox from working at all. Get an error message saying it cant see anything or basic functions will cease to work. The easiest thing is to just let us, that dont want to use it, disable it. Thats all. I am part of a group that all have xbox. And we play everything from BF3 to Fallout 3/NV and such on it. And after sitting watching the reveal for it we all agreed our xbox group is dead now because none of us are going to buy one. So that is 8 sells they are missing out on. How many more?

Just think. A webcam sitting on your TV that is always turning on and such when you move. Connected to a console that is running one of the most insecure operating systems in the world. And that OS is connected to the internet. How long til we see people hacking them? The windows OS is another turn off for me.

And then add in the whole thing about how it remembers what movies, TV, and games you play so it can recommend stuff for you. Oh goody so its a marketing machine too. There is a reason I dont subscribe to any of the My Friend's Twit Face (Myspace, Friendster, Twitter, Facebook) websites. Because on those sites your the product. Does a person ask a steak how it's doing or do they just pour sauce on it and eat it? I dont want to be a steak.

And the reveal said something about the new xbox will be usable offline as well....

Anyway back on topic. They might be bringing back Three Dog too.... Thats cool. And I hope they add more music and radio stuff into it. I loved all the radio stuff but after you have listening to the same songs over and over, it gets kinda old. Would love to see them have like 50 or 100 different songs to throw into it. Yah I know getting rights would be costly but still would be cool.

Also anyone wanna guess how big the main map will be? Remember Fallout 3 and NV had pretty big maps. So with current PCs and the new consoles.... Maybe they will be even bigger. Imagine having to take half a day real time just to walk from one side of the map to the other. Man that would be awesome. Oh and more different species of creatures/monsters... I really hope for that too... When you look at it FO3/NV didnt really have that many different types of creatures or people.
Looking down at this barren land once known as home before. Destruction, all the world. It's an ending we have brought.
Wyatt Earth Lyrics

All the evil in the world can be seen in the eyes of a chicken.

Zombie309
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Zombie309 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:45 pm

A bigger map is a given, I think we'll see something around 70-100 sq miles with way more unique (not randomly generated) content, ala Morrowind.

Fallout 3 was 50 sq miles, NV was 21 for reference.
Check out my book, Zombies Across the Border, in the Fiction section and let me know what you think!

TODP

Post by TODP » Thu May 23, 2013 6:50 am

Blitzen2k5 wrote: And I hope they add more music and radio stuff into it. I loved all the radio stuff but after you have listening to the same songs over and over, it gets kinda old. Would love to see them have like 50 or 100 different songs to throw into it. Yah I know getting rights would be costly but still would be cool.
That`s the last thing I worry about. One of the first mods for both FO3 and New Vegas were radio extenders. And you can download (legally) extensive music packets for them. New Vegas Radio extended gives you 100 slots for songs + all GNR songs, played by Radio New Vegas. More Where That Came From gives you 100 song slots for GNR in Fallout 3. The song packets run by other names, for example "That Bomb Got me Down". 30s-50s pop music, swing, jazz.

Just search Fallout 3 Nexus and New Vegas Nexus.

It will be the same for Fallout 4, I`m sure. Unless you`re playing on console. In that case: Sucks to be you. :P
I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow.
Neil Armstrong (2000) The Engineered Century. The Bridge 30-1: 14-18

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Thu May 23, 2013 8:09 am

I guess I liked Fallout 3 better than New Vegas because it felt darker and more post-apocalypticky. :mrgreen:

I know eating old cans of pork & beans isn't realistic, but I liked it. I liked how it incorporated that 1950s bomb-shelter chic. That wholesome-in-a-creepy-way feel that only the 1950s conveys. As someone else said, I liked the crumbling urban survival feel of Fallout 3.

On the other hand, New Vegas had AR-15s, which I liked.

Are we just assuming Fallout 4 is being developed for the XBox One (because it makes sense) or is there solid info? When it was announced I looked for info on what games were coming out and none of them sounded particularly interesting. :(
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

Zombie309
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Zombie309 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:53 am

I don't see anyway this game isn't on Xbox One.

Skyrim pushed the 360 to it's absolute limits and FO4 should be much larger and more involved.

FrANkNstEin

Post by FrANkNstEin » Thu May 23, 2013 10:48 am

Well they are saying the kinect is an integral part of the system. It comes on and turns on your xbox when you enter a room. Or the movie your watching will pause when you get up and walk to the bathroom/kitchen/etc. So if you tape over it, it might stop the xbox from working at all. Get an error message saying it cant see anything or basic functions will cease to work. The easiest thing is to just let us, that dont want to use it, disable it. Thats all. I am part of a group that all have xbox. And we play everything from BF3 to Fallout 3/NV and such on it. And after sitting watching the reveal for it we all agreed our xbox group is dead now because none of us are going to buy one. So that is 8 sells they are missing out on. How many more?
Wow, now they went full retard. :?

Niblick

Post by Niblick » Fri May 24, 2013 7:52 am

My vote goes to FO3 solely due to the strength of the Capitol wasteland. My biggest problem with 3 was the lack of iron site aiming.

InB4 "they make a mod for that."

I too am not at all thrilled by the Xbox One. But some of my buddies are in total nerdgasm euphoria so I think it may come down to being passed over by those who value privacy more than the average consumer.
You are
What you do
When it counts.

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:35 am

all im waiting for...is when the XBOX1 comes out...360 games will drop in price...

livinitup

Post by livinitup » Fri May 31, 2013 1:14 pm

I bet Gamestop execs had a heart attack when they saw the xbox1 reveal.

Does anyone know if the PS4 relies on internet connection or if you they're doing the dumb 1 person/1 copy of a game thing too?

not backwards compatible, wiping out used game sales, kinect-laden and internet required ... FU MicroSoft... FU.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri May 31, 2013 2:10 pm

You know what I'd like to see in a Fallout type game ? Weather.

I want to be walking in the wasteland, far from a settlement and suddenly get pinned down by a windstorm or something and have to seek shelter in an abandoned house or school or something.

Also, think about how awesome it'd be to be battling some raiders or something while lightning crashes and lights up the skies.

As for the X-Box 1, as long as I can I will be sticking with my 360 and stocking up on the games I've been wanting to buy since the system came out. Microsoft won't be getting my money for the X-Box until they pull their collective head out of their rears.

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Fri May 31, 2013 2:16 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:You know what I'd like to see in a Fallout type game ? Weather.

I want to be walking in the wasteland, far from a settlement and suddenly get pinned down by a windstorm or something and have to seek shelter in an abandoned house or school or something.

Also, think about how awesome it'd be to be battling some raiders or something while lightning crashes and lights up the skies.
There is an app for that.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Fri May 31, 2013 4:51 pm

It rained in Zion, for the New Vegas DLC. Was pretty cool when it first happened to me playing.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Skull_Hide
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fight O

Post by Skull_Hide » Fri May 31, 2013 5:01 pm

Can we please get a thread were all we do is bash the Xbox 1? I'd rather spend the money and buy a new gaming rig for Fall out 4 then spend a penny for the Xbox 1 version.
My Silnylon Alice pack DIY w/ 1606AF frame Hellcat
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=81955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sig 1911-22LR pistol
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=82581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If my post contains a misplaced/ random word = auto spell is a bitch.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri May 31, 2013 6:30 pm

Rev wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:You know what I'd like to see in a Fallout type game ? Weather.

There is an app for that.
Yeah but only on PC. I'm pretty much a diehard console gamer so I'd love to see something like that incorporated into a console version of a Fallout game.

Canuckdoomer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
28 Weeks Later

Post by Canuckdoomer » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:00 am

I go way back to the turn based Fallout on PC. Now I'm a console (Xbox) gamer. Loved both F3 and NV. Both games had their perks and strengths. I really enjoyed the F3 DLC more than NV but all in all they were both fun.

On the new Xbox... no friggin way. I will not have an -always on- camera in my living room, let alone one that is being controlled by the infinitely insecure MS OS. This rumour about not being able to buy used games sucks as well. I will play old games on my 360 for decades before I consider a system like the one proposed by MS or Sony. Not going to happen.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”