Fallout 4......

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

BigDaddyTX

Re: Fallout 4......

Post by BigDaddyTX » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:35 pm

mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:36 pm

docdredd wrote:
BigDaddyTX wrote:
carolinafan wrote:I liked New Vegas too, but Fallout 3 was my introduction to the series, and you never forget your first :)
That's definitely a factor, but for me personally I felt like NV was almost too populous. Although it could be blamed on FO:3 being barely populated. I still didn't care much about the other people in NV though. It would have been nice if you could setup your "home" somewhere and it would be possible to help that place upgrade or something. I realize that's asking a lot but it would be cool to help Goodsprings build a wall or setup a turret or whatever, which in turn might make more people settle there etc. because after the first few missions there was no point going back there unless you were looking for crafting/ammo.
Cough cough ..... theres a mod for that.
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/36922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah, but I can't remove the other settlements or people all over the place with it. I can't ever get FOSE or whatever it is to load right either. :/
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:47 pm

I honestly felt like the capital wasteland was dangerously underpopulated. I had played fallout 1 and 2 so that was what I was comparing with. I really hope some of the hard core modders get together and do a remake of 1 and 2.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

Skull_Hide
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fight O

Post by Skull_Hide » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:09 am

I liked 3 more than NV, they both had their pros and cons.

But I'll take 4 as soon as its available.
My Silnylon Alice pack DIY w/ 1606AF frame Hellcat
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=81955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sig 1911-22LR pistol
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=82581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If my post contains a misplaced/ random word = auto spell is a bitch.

Fox Face

Post by Fox Face » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am

Thrilled to hear they are making another one. In my opinion you can't compare fallout 3 to New Vegas one was an Urban Survivalist game the other was a Wild West shooter. IMO Fallout 3 is the better of the two because I like the urban survival, I loved visiting old monuments (going to the museum was the best quest ever!). New Vegas was good when I had finished Red Dead and was going through western withdrawal! Anyways really would love to see them do another Fallout 3 type, would be really cool if they chose to do it on different soil... I'd like to see what supposedly became of Canada after the annex. Or what about post apocalyptic Britain?! That'd be kickass. I do wish fallout had less people though. If fallout 3 and metro had a baby that baby would be the prettiest, scariest post-apocalyptic game the world had ever seen.

And to those of you who are chattering on about mods, come on, everyone knows that you play Bethesda games so you can compare Glitch stories with friends! Once In Skyrim I walked out of Windhelm and dragon corpse came rocketing out of the distance and went straight through the front gate and once my friend went to attack an orc, a dragon came by, attacked the mammoth they were guarding, carried it off into the skyand then proceeded to drop it on and kill a giant mud crab. You gotta live for those 'special' glitches when you play a game by Bethesda ;).

Getting directly back on topic;

YES PLEASE!

Zombie309
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Zombie309 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:48 pm

It'll be set in Boston, home of the Enclave. That'll be a fun city to explore.
Check out my book, Zombies Across the Border, in the Fiction section and let me know what you think!

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Zombie309 wrote:It'll be set in Boston, home of the Enclave. That'll be a fun city to explore.

Link? Or just something you have heard?
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Zombie309
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Zombie309 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:05 am

docdredd wrote:
Zombie309 wrote:It'll be set in Boston, home of the Enclave. That'll be a fun city to explore.

Basically every single article related to Fallout 4 has that info it.
Check out my book, Zombies Across the Border, in the Fiction section and let me know what you think!

Krustofski
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Post by Krustofski » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:09 pm

Zombie309 wrote:
docdredd wrote:

Basically every single article related to Fallout 4 has that info it.
Yeah. But basically every single article related to Fallout 4 also has the info that this is a rumor based mostly on a single online post of a guy who "may or may not be an MIT employee" and claims that Besthesda scouting teams can be seen in and around the MIT.

I mean, it would be cool. "The Institute" inside "The Commonwealth" from the Android plot line in FO3 is clearly an MIT/Mass refference, but I wouldn't feel too sure about the setting yet.
Off the internet until further notice.

angelofwar
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, I Am Legend

Post by angelofwar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 pm

The only thing (and I mean ONLY) thing better about NV was the increased weapon selection. Other than that, the story and setting of FO3 was a better "post apocalyptic" story line.

Can't wait for 4 though...I also wish they'd put more of a surival spin on it.
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts..."
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... w#p2141127

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:26 pm

Krustofski wrote: I mean, it would be cool. "The Institute" inside "The Commonwealth" from the Android plot line in FO3 is clearly an MIT/Mass refference, but I wouldn't feel too sure about the setting yet.
Instead of a vault dweller or a guy shot in the head you could be an android that just gained awareness or was just turned on.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

livinitup

Post by livinitup » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Oh good god YES!

and yeah NV>F3...but only because of all the extras that were added. F3 just feels like a stripped down version of NV to me now. Still an epic game, still going to be on my shelf indefinitely, but NV was just....bigger. I hope that trend continues with 4.

..and I agree, a little more realism as far as the survival aspect goes would be awesome.

either way... midnight release and a couple days off work here I come.

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:27 pm

livinitup wrote: ..and I agree, a little more realism as far as the survival aspect goes would be awesome.

Yup. I get a weekend a year where the wife takes the kid to go visit her mom and I get to do whatever I want. When FO:4 comes out, that'll be the weekend.

Zombie309
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Zombie309 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:29 pm

BigDaddyTX wrote:
livinitup wrote: ..and I agree, a little more realism as far as the survival aspect goes would be awesome.

Yup. I get a weekend a year where the wife takes the kid to go visit her mom and I get to do whatever I want. When FO:4 comes out, that'll be the weekend.
Lucky ass haha, mine are leaving for two weeks in July, no way this is out by then.

TODP

Post by TODP » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:04 am

AH, I knew I would find a lot of Fallout fans here.

This will be epic.

Thank you for your time,
TODP.
I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow.
Neil Armstrong (2000) The Engineered Century. The Bridge 30-1: 14-18

TODP

Post by TODP » Wed May 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Fallout NV >>> Fallout 3

Gameplay: Virtually identical.
Plot: Meh, in both cases.
Background world: A lot better in NV. In Fallout 3 DC, people are living of canned pork an beans ... FOR 200 YEARS? Nothing resembling organisation and government? In NV, you have the NCR, farming, a lot more consistency in the world. I care about that in an RPG, and I want to see something like it again in Fallout 4.

Also Fallout NV had Old World Blues.

Fallout 4 needs to be more like NV, less like Fallout 3. Don't screw this up, Bethesda!

edit: besides agriculture, NV also has Hoover Damn, as a decent explanation why there is power everywhere
Last edited by TODP on Wed May 01, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow.

man in black
Favorite Zombie Movies: shaun of the dead
return of the living dead
28 days later
28 weeks later

Post by man in black » Wed May 01, 2013 3:06 pm

so heres some changes i thought would be pretty cool

1. classes

you get to choose what your class is and each one has their own drawbacks and strengths
like you get to be a super mutant, a human, an android or ghoul

as a supermutant you have high damage resistance and radiation resistance but you are pretty stupid and people are scared shitless of you and will likely attack you but you can communicate with other super mutants
as a ghoul you can communicate with people but face discrimination and possibly attack, you have radiation resistance, high damage resistance but you are slow and relatively weak
as a human you are middle of the road in everything
as an android you have hyper intelligence and accuracy but you are weak and fragile and you wierd people out a little bit.
and of course you can mess around with these stats with your special and skill points

2. something else, the karma system in NV was buggy but if they upgraded it it would be nice.

3. and jesus christ on a pogo stick can i get a horse or a motorcycle or something New Vegas is huge and encompasses three states so walking everywhere is kind of a pain in the ass.

4. also having a settlement building option would be really fucking cool, sort of like fable.

5. minigames suck and always have sucked and i have never met a person who played a sucessful hand of caravan.
Last edited by man in black on Wed May 01, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As we run into the house
The wall of dead surrounds
Tentacles of decay flesh
Tear and pull us down
Doors and windows boarded shut
But the pressure was too much
Zombie I, girl please run away

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kevincurbstomp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <- my tumblr

TODP

Post by TODP » Wed May 01, 2013 3:09 pm

man in black wrote:3. and jesus christ on a pogo stick can i get a horse or a motorcycle or something New Vegas is huge and encompasses three states so walking everywhere is kind of a pain in the ass.
Yes, this always bothered me. You got a really cool car ("The Highwayman") in Fallout 2. Bring it back!

Hard to do with the engine, I`m aware of that.

Crazy Wolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by Crazy Wolf » Wed May 01, 2013 4:08 pm

docdredd wrote:
BigDaddyTX wrote:I can't wait. Of course, I hope it's more like 3 than NV, but I'll buy whatever they're selling.

So am I the only fan that thought NV was way better than F3? The characters in NV had so much more depth and background, enough that I actually care about them. The only memorable characters in F3 where Your father (liam neason) and that Mora character in Megaton.
Agreed. Fallout: New Vegas fit into the earlier games' lore very well. Fallout 3 did not. Basically, it felt like the difference between a J.R.R. Tolkien book about Middle Earth and a fanfic about completely different characters, set somewhere to the east of Mordor. Yeah, the world's basic underpinnings are the same, but the storytelling, setting, and mood were hugely different. I did like opening that door by some sat array to find only a wall that said "fuck you". That was a nice touch.

I'm a Kickstarter backer for Wasteland 2. Super excited for its release.

And yes, I felt Fallout 3 was quite underpopulated. I know, post-nuclear apocalypse, but each cluster of people felt almost completely isolated. The towns had no significant interaction with each other, beyond some apartment owner wanting to get rid of an eyesore. Few outposts where scouts or guards or trade caravans could rest safe(r) from mutants and raiders. Basically, Brotherhood/Outcast patrols don't strike me as the only good well-armed folks who'd have an interest in wandering about.

man in black, part of what's awesome about the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system is that it obviates the need for classes. You just do what you do, and eventually you'll have things that you do best. Different species/condition starting points would be a cool system, especially if that varied your starting location and setup. Karma system's historically been wonky, I'm not sure how to fix it. Agreed on the horse or car, the Highwayman was such a useful part of FO2 (although fast travel obviates the need for spaces you've already been, traveling with no particular direction across the wastes would be fun as hell). Agreed on the building up of settlements, especially if you could get an R&D department to improve things for you, especially if this is in fact set at "The Institute".
Nim's text key: SARCASM, WTF R U DOIN, Nice, I like, Inane statement
The phrase "surgical strike" might be more acceptable if it were common to perform surgery with high explosives. (G. Carlin)
ImageImage

livinitup

Post by livinitup » Wed May 01, 2013 4:27 pm

agreed... the SPECIAL system imo is a much improved class system than the standard rpg-type one that was suggested.
Also, in NV you basically did set a class....in the very beginning you get to enhance a few skills and pick a couple perks. dont remember if you did this in FO3. A standard class system would limit you... and goes against the entire theme of the game, which is customization.

I also think FO3 was a lot more repetitive than NV (but NV got a little repetitive too)...again...engine limitations I assume. Id love a new one but im afraid if they mess with it they'll screw it up.

and please dont get rid of the mini-games...A lot of my caps came from blackjack. :)

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Wed May 01, 2013 4:37 pm

For the love of god somebody out there should be able to get one of those old car husks running. Biggest tease ever reading about that one Super Mutant bugging Raul to fix his car in NV and finding out it was one of the little blue toys.

Please add some form of transportation to the new game. Ya did it with Rage, Bethesda, do it with F4!
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

man in black
Favorite Zombie Movies: shaun of the dead
return of the living dead
28 days later
28 weeks later

Post by man in black » Wed May 01, 2013 6:35 pm

i like the idea of playing as different races because it influences character interaction, i mean i suppose faction lines and karma do the same thing but i just have a hankering to rove about the wasteland as a supermutant smashing things with a hammer and using a mini nuke like a pistol.

I think a motorcycle would be totally boss, i mean in NV you saw their rusted out frames everywhere and you had to collect their parts too.

something they should bring back from three is when you shoot a car or different objects they explode. i liked that. something about getting pinned down by raiders on an overpass and then throwing a single grenade and unleashing nuclear hell beneath me was always awesome.

i kind of also wish there was a raider faction you could align yourself with (i mean the legion sorta and the khans were closer) but i mean i want to do missions from lord humongous you know?

also something i liked from NV that they didnt have in three was there was more radio stations that was pretty awesome.

i feel like Three was WAY darker and more fucked up while NV was still pretty dark but it was kinda offbeat and goofy at the same time, i wish there was a way to balance that.
As we run into the house
The wall of dead surrounds
Tentacles of decay flesh
Tear and pull us down
Doors and windows boarded shut
But the pressure was too much
Zombie I, girl please run away

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kevincurbstomp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <- my tumblr

carolinafan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Resident Evil, Zombieland

Post by carolinafan » Wed May 01, 2013 9:42 pm

TheOldDopePeddler wrote:Nothing resembling organisation and government?

In 3 you had the Enclave that was some kind of government, but most of the Capitol Wasteland seemed to me to be an independent area where people didn't necessarily identify with or agree with the Enclave. Just like in NV where you had towns like Goodsprings that weren't necessarily part of the NCR(at least as I remember it).

Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit(he who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow)-Ovid

Crazy Wolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by Crazy Wolf » Thu May 02, 2013 2:13 am

man in black wrote:i like the idea of playing as different races because it influences character interaction, i mean i suppose faction lines and karma do the same thing but i just have a hankering to rove about the wasteland as a supermutant smashing things with a hammer and using a mini nuke like a pistol.
Yes, awesome. Would there be restrictions on which non-species settlements you could go to without hassle, or ones where you'd need the right species'd companion? I mean, racism's no fun, but it would sure as shit add to the realism.
I think a motorcycle would be totally boss, i mean in NV you saw their rusted out frames everywhere and you had to collect their parts too.
Good idea, they could probably import some of the horse riding system from Skyrim for that, I'd think (assuming the same engine).

something they should bring back from three is when you shoot a car or different objects they explode. i liked that. something about getting pinned down by raiders on an overpass and then throwing a single grenade and unleashing nuclear hell beneath me was always awesome.
I agree, but I think there should be a good mix of busted cars to "ready" cars. As though perhaps people before you have been shooting at cars, too.

i kind of also wish there was a raider faction you could align yourself with (i mean the legion sorta and the khans were closer) but i mean i want to be lord humongous you know?
FTFY ;)
also something i liked from NV that they didnt have in three was there was more radio stations that was pretty awesome.
I'd love to see some sort of "coast to coast" AM station, as well as maybe some official settlement radio stations. Maybe recruit a radio station for your settlement, but that comes with an increased risk of raiders honing in on your town.
i feel like Three was WAY darker and more fucked up while NV was still pretty dark but it was kinda offbeat and goofy at the same time, i wish there was a way to balance that.
Did you play with Wild Wasteland? I feel that should be something to switch on/off, not take up a trait or perk slot.
Nim's text key: SARCASM, WTF R U DOIN, Nice, I like, Inane statement
The phrase "surgical strike" might be more acceptable if it were common to perform surgery with high explosives. (G. Carlin)
ImageImage

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”