Dishonored

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Dishonored

Post by ninja-elbow » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:35 pm

I play it on PS3. Seems to be a game lauded by the people in the inudustry that laud things but not so lauded by the consumers? I don't know, I'm a part-time video gamer at best. I don't even watch G4 :lol:

Anyways, it's an FPS turned stealth game set in a steampunk-esque world. You are an imperial assassin guy trying to make some wrong things right after a coup. You can equip and kill but KOing or stealthing around targets and finding alternatives to assassinations is preferable to a better storyline outcome (low chaos vs. high chaos). THe higher chaos you create in game teh gritter and "yuckier" the world gets and you get an ending where you "win" but it's a bitter win.

I know this because my first time through it I killed hella people and got high chaos all the way through.

Anyways - there is a "zombie" element in it as there is a plague and "weepers" or zombie-like diseased people are all over the place as well as imperial guards and such.

3 packs of DLC are already available too, I have not gotten these yet.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

EmbraceTheHate
Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Re: Dishonored

Post by EmbraceTheHate » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 pm

Thought about getting this game i just wasnt sure.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

Brock Meatstone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Post by Brock Meatstone » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 am

I got it a while back and I really enjoy it, FWIW. The main complaint I keep hearing about it is that it's pretty short, but the upcoming DLC should remedy that; the setting and world is incredibly detailed and fleshed out, and the gameplay and controls are pretty top notch. I would probably give it an 8/10.

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:59 pm

I just finished up one mission that, in the non-lethal and ghost version (no killing and 100% undetected) took about 10 minutes as soon as you figure it out. The challenge was figuring it out as opposed to layers of mobs and minor bosses (the high chaos technique). It was quite satisfying, quick, by satisfying.
President ZSC011

Brock Meatstone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Post by Brock Meatstone » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 pm

i have been pretty dilligent in staying non lethal, except for one of the earlier missions where I panicked and had to shoot my way out of a manor after eliminating the target.
Still ended up rockin' it.

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:55 pm

I save a lot so any time I do an "oh shit, they found me, BLAMBLAM BLAMBLAM!!" I just go back to the point before that and try not to kill everyone I see to escape. I also found that full retreat works most of the time too. Run, blink real far away.
President ZSC011

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Round 2, low chaos - done. Much happier ending that time around.

Was at the "cool" barber shop on Sunday morning getting a hair cut and we ended up talking about Dishonored. Me, one other customer and 3 of the barbers. We had all got it as Xmas or early Xmas presents.
President ZSC011

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”