Mora knives in large-ish quantities...

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Wiser

Mora knives in large-ish quantities...

Post by Wiser » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:35 pm

So I'm thinking about buying a batch 10-15 of MORAs and giving them to my fishing buddies as gifts. Anyone know where I can maybe get a bulk rate? Most of my Google-fu has turned up places like knifecenter/sportsman guide etc...

I want the Stainless blades because of the saltwater use/neglect factor.

ultra magnus

Re: Mora knives in large-ish quantities...

Post by ultra magnus » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Just a heads up but last I knew Sportsmansguide only had the Carbon blades.

Wiser

Post by Wiser » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:54 pm

yep....and even those are back-ordered now. :(

airballrad
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by airballrad » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:54 pm

You could always ask Ragnar: http://www.ragweedforge.com/SwedishKnifeCatalog.html

I haven't bought from him yet, but others from this site that have done business with him have consistently sung his praises.

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:36 pm

Might be worthwhile to get in touch with one of the Swedish ZS'ers to see if they'd be willing to pick up a few and drop them in the mail.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

Chef
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Whatever that one with Bruce Campbell in it was

Post by Chef » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:50 pm

I've got some people interested in taking some bush skills classes, and to minimize the BS factor, I'd like to just issue them a brand-new proper Mora at the beginning of day one. A bulk-sales outlet would be good, so I'll be following this thread.
Orville Wright did not have a pilot's license.

JohnE
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by JohnE » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:41 am

I'd second the idea of contacting Ragnar. You might also try Bens Backwoods. I've bought knives from them and they're regular retail prices are very good. Worst they can do is say no.

Of course with a Mora the margins have got to be pretty thin already, even a 10% discount off of a $12 knife might cut into the profit enough to make it not worth their while.

(no pun intended)
John E
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life:The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

JohnE
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by JohnE » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:42 am

Chef wrote:I've got some people interested in taking some bush skills classes, and to minimize the BS factor, I'd like to just issue them a brand-new proper Mora at the beginning of day one. A bulk-sales outlet would be good, so I'll be following this thread.
Why not add $15 to the cost of the class and tell them that they're getting a knife as part of the deal? Like whats his face Piazza or whatever does or used to do at that shooting school in Pahrump?
John E
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life:The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Hoppy
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.

Post by Hoppy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:18 am

sportsmansguide.com

2 moras @ 25$
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=442686" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

Sealegs

Post by Sealegs » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:00 am

http://www.scandia-international.com/outdoor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The international distributor. Pop them a mail and ask how much a box would cost.

If all else fails I might be able to post order ten or so and mail them. They're having a sale on SS Clippers now, $6 a piece.
austere [ɒˈstɪə]adj
1. stern or severe in attitude or manner
2. grave, sober, or serious
3. self-disciplined, abstemious, or ascetic
4. severely simple or plain an austere design
[from Old French austère, from Latin austērus sour, from Greek austēros astringent; related to Greek hauein to dry]

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:48 am

airballrad wrote:You could always ask Ragnar: http://www.ragweedforge.com/SwedishKnifeCatalog.html

I haven't bought from him yet, but others from this site that have done business with him have consistently sung his praises.
I've bought from him before, and always had perfect service, and his shipping charge is $6, no matter how many knives you buy...

Jamie - nfa
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

BobtheBreaker
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD 04
LotD
Resident Evil
Evil Dead Trilogy?

Post by BobtheBreaker » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:15 am

nfa wrote:
airballrad wrote:You could always ask Ragnar: http://www.ragweedforge.com/SwedishKnifeCatalog.html

I've bought from him before, and always had perfect service, and his shipping charge is $6, no matter how many knives you buy...

Jamie - nfa
Bingo,

Paying just $6 to ship a lot of 10-15 knives is pretty much a bitchin discount.
.22LR/.357/Cheese Cake/SAK/Grey Wire
If you can't laugh at yourself, you're in trouble.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Security Guard/Wilderness First Aid/CPR for the Professional/HAM Technician

Return to “Other Gear”