Fire hose pants

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

CaptainRW
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Fire hose pants

Post by CaptainRW » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:01 am

Anyone ever tried these? I have been thinking about a couple pair and wonder if anyone has had experience with them...
Men's DTPro Work Pants, Item 85322 Reg $79.50 Sale $49.99

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/dulu ... product_10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AND
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/dulu ... horts.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TTFN
Richard
NH Zombie Defense Team Leader.

FYI... Federal Reserve Notes are NOT money, dollars or real currency, they ARE Fiat Notes or Currency, with no value except what the Fed says, So I now call them Federal Reserve Fiat Notes. Better to call things as they really are...

Veritas

Re: Fire hose pants

Post by Veritas » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:19 am

I think people generally like Duluth, I love my Duluth jacket, and it's made of the firehose material. It is really tough, and really comfortable, more so than my Carhartt jacket.

Here are a couple threads about Duluth you might find helpful, don't know if you saw them yet:
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... w=previous" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 6&start=24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (halfway down the page)
Veritas liberabit vos

FAK | IFAK || BOB | GHB

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 am

Yes. Search is your friend:
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/search.p ... hose+pants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Azombiehunte ... hose+pants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

CaptainRW

Post by CaptainRW » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:51 am

whisk.e.rebellion wrote:Yes. Search is your friend:
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/search.p ... hose+pants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Azombiehunte ... hose+pants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sorry, I had not thought about that. Thank you much.
TTFN
Richard

FYI... Federal Reserve Notes are NOT money, dollars or real currency, they ARE Fiat Notes or Currency, with no value except what the Fed says, So I now call them Federal Reserve Fiat Notes. Better to call things as they really are...

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Anyone know where i can find Firehose pants for someone skinny? 28x32?
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

Veritas

Post by Veritas » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:28 am

quackfiend wrote:Anyone know where i can find Firehose pants for someone skinny? 28x32?
The Fire Hose pants we are talking about here are a trademarked product made by Duluth. Personally, I would try the website and link provided in the first post of this thread, but that's just a guess. If it's not on the website, it probably doesn't exist.

You might be able to find a similar product somewhere else, I usually try a search engine such as Google to find things on the internet. In fact, to answer this question, I would just type in the words "cotton canvas pants" and then browse the links, then come back to this thread and post the results here. But that seems silly, because you could do that yourself, and you wouldn't have to wait for me to post it.

Just sayin'
Veritas liberabit vos

FAK | IFAK || BOB | GHB

CaptainRW

Post by CaptainRW » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:38 am

quackfiend wrote:Anyone know where i can find Firehose pants for someone skinny? 28x32?
The smallest they make is 30" waist, so being 28, might I suggest the 30's and a few big mac meals.. :-) to help you fill it out a bit..??
TTFN
Richard

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:42 am

Veritas wrote:
You might be able to find a similar product somewhere else, I usually try a search engine such as Google to find things on the internet. In fact, to answer this question, I would just type in the words "cotton canvas pants" and then browse the links, then come back to this thread and post the results here. But that seems silly, because you could do that yourself, and you wouldn't have to wait for me to post it.

Just sayin'
:lol:

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Veritas wrote:
The Fire Hose pants we are talking about here are a trademarked product made by Duluth. Personally, I would try the website and link provided in the first post of this thread, but that's just a guess. If it's not on the website, it probably doesn't exist.

Just sayin'
Tried it. According to http://www.duluthtrading.com/default.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, the smallest wiast they make is 30". I checked the site, which is why I asked here.

Searching "cotton canvas pants".
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

E

Post by E » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:48 pm

i've got two pair, in 32x32

I could probably go up to a 33x33 (if they did make it). The waist is snugger than it should and its a little shorter in the legs than it should

Other than that, they've served for 3 years doing sprinkler work and general construction/yardwork/shooting activity with nary a scratch

The only thing that shows their used is a few small stains and a wear mark from where i keep my knife.

They're heavy as shit, so dont expect to be packing them easily. But they'll do anything you want
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

Once you dread potential danger
You are bound by fear...
Fear is the only enemy.
Face the enemy

WhoShotJR

Post by WhoShotJR » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:11 pm

I had terrible experience with the material. The only piece I've owned was the fire hose jacket, and this is what it looked like after ONE winter of wear to work. Now I'm not gentle on things, but I've had $20 jackets perform better. Other than the big stain, every other dark spot is a hole in the material. The jacket must have at least 20 of them. Mine could have been a fluke, but I'll never buy another to find out.

E

Post by E » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:44 pm

WhoShotJR wrote:I had terrible experience with the material. The only piece I've owned was the fire hose jacket, and this is what it looked like after ONE winter of wear to work. Now I'm not gentle on things, but I've had $20 jackets perform better. Other than the big stain, every other dark spot is a hole in the material. The jacket must have at least 20 of them. Mine could have been a fluke, but I'll never buy another to find out.
contact Duluth, and they should take care of you, or at least they might give you help exchanging it.

I know they have a guarantee on the firehose pants.
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

Once you dread potential danger
You are bound by fear...
Fear is the only enemy.
Face the enemy

tensai

Post by tensai » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:48 pm

I've got the Fire Hose Dungarees. I really like them, except for the slash pockets, though they are deep enough that I don't have the usual problem of things falling out when I sit.

I also wear the Denim Ballroom Logger jeans. Nice heavy denim, double layered front. Definitely bulky and warm, but I like the theoretical extra abrasion resistance they offer since I'm a daily motorcycle rider. I'd rather like to avoid any actual testing of their asphalt sliding capabilities.

I'd like to get the Fire Hose Loggers, but I don't like the two color options. The 'Desert Khaki' color that some of the other styles come in seem a dead on match of the darker, greenish, tan in 3 color desert camo.

I'm surprised by all the holes in that jacket. Any idea what might have caused that? Moths, some sort of chemical?
I don't have bowel movements. I have bowel maneuvers.

WhoShotJR

Post by WhoShotJR » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:21 pm

tensai wrote: I'm surprised by all the holes in that jacket. Any idea what might have caused that? Moths, some sort of chemical?

Definitely not moths, other than that I have no idea. Never had any other jacket with anything like that.

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Wow WSJR, I'd totally talk to Duluth about that. Not that I have any experience with the smae jacket but they do warranty their stuff and have a good rep from what I've heard.

My Dad buys pants from them but mostly the jeans. He rides motorcycles too.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

somberbear
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead, shawn of the dead

Post by somberbear » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:26 am

dont know ... im a huge fan of fire hose stuff... i been wearing some of it for 4 years... and my jacket has taken 2 years of winter use in a welding shop and glass shop... and various odd jobs and its not showing any of that wear... i did lose a few buttons here and there but that always happends.... i wear it a lot cause its comfy and does keep me warm...

Return to “Other Gear”