Post your load-bearing/chest rig/molle vest

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Finch

Re: Post your load-bearing/chest rig/molle vest

Post by Finch » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:59 pm

aus.templar wrote:hey finch could just fix up your quote script please, it's incorrecly quoted me for something someone else wrote.

Thanks in advance
fixed

i do the internet wrong
NRA XTC High Master
CMP Distinguished Rifleman

my blog: GarandThumb.com

wolfdog45
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them.

Post by wolfdog45 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:21 pm

My new setup minus the water bladder I took out for cleaning.
Front
Back
Left
Right
Veritas vincit (truth conquers)

bufordtjustice

Post by bufordtjustice » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Wolfdog...who makes that plate carrier?

tjsjr
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series, Dawn of the Dead (new edition, i know its corney)

Post by tjsjr » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:50 pm

ModGear Molle-134???
:?: :?:

wolfdog45
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them.

Post by wolfdog45 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:22 pm

bufordtjustice wrote:Wolfdog...who makes that plate carrier?
CONDOR.
All of the pouches are CONDOR as well.
Veritas vincit (truth conquers)

c0le

Post by c0le » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:07 pm

TT MAV2
TT Single 5.56 Shingles X4
TT Modular GP X2
TT Hydro Carrier
TT Double Pistol Pouch
TT Multitool Pouch
TT Modular Holster
TT Modular Leg Rig
TT ID Panel
Gerber LMF2
Maxpedition Roly Poly
Cemelbak 72oz.

Dragk913
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series, "Dead" Series, etc.

Post by Dragk913 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:54 pm

c0le wrote:[SNIP]

TT MAV2
TT Single 5.56 Shingles X4
TT Modular GP X2
TT Hydro Carrier
TT Double Pistol Pouch
TT Multitool Pouch
TT Modular Holster
TT Modular Leg Rig
TT ID Panel
Gerber LMF2
Maxpedition Roly Poly
Cemelbak 72oz.
By chance, do you like TT? :lol: :mrgreen:

Sorry, I had to.
Hoppy wrote: ZS. We put body parts in sheep.

c0le

Post by c0le » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Dragk913 wrote:
By chance, do you like TT? :lol: :mrgreen:

Sorry, I had to.
Heh so much so that I have the same setup in OD and TAN, hehe trying to sell the tan thought...

My bob is a Specops T.H.E. with TT pouches...

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Post by TDW586 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:43 pm

Eagle Plate carrier with front and rear Level IV plates
Eagle triple M4 magazine pouch with 3 Lancer L5's
ITW FastMag Gen III
Tactical Tailor pistol magazine pouches (2) on front of ITW FastMag

TAG hydration pouch on back

Same rig, with pistol belt. Blade-Tech WRS with DOH loop, two Glock magazine pouches.

Hammer31
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Hammer31 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:56 pm

Just a question. Why plate carriers? I am getting ready to replace my old LBE with a MOLLE unit and it seems that most folks are using the plate carriers instead of the IFVs. Am I missing something here?
One of the eighty.

Of every one-hundred men,
Ten shouldn't even be there.
Eighty are nothing but targets.
Nine are real fighters....
We are lucky to have them,
They make the battle. Ah, but one,
One of them is a Warrior....
He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC

TDW586

Post by TDW586 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:01 am

Hammer31 wrote:Just a question. Why plate carriers? I am getting ready to replace my old LBE with a MOLLE unit and it seems that most folks are using the plate carriers instead of the IFVs. Am I missing something here?

The ability to carry plates? :lol:

Not trying to be a smartass, maybe I don't understand the question. Plate carriers carry hard body armor. Sure, you could get a separate body armor carrier and wear a vest or chest rig over it, but I've never seen the point in that.

VeniVidiVici

Post by VeniVidiVici » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Great thread , I'm still in the research mode before I put down any cash. How are you guys grabbing your knives? I have a mid sized Entrek ELK with a molle sheath but I can't figure out where it should be mounted. It's huge(for me) and I don't think I'd ever be able to grab it in a stressful situation. Some of the positions shown look really akward.
"I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light." ~Mary Gardiner Brainard

Cummins/Knight's Armament Company/Colt/Barrett/

Hammer31
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Hammer31 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:26 pm

TDW586 wrote:
Hammer31 wrote:Just a question. Why plate carriers? I am getting ready to replace my old LBE with a MOLLE unit and it seems that most folks are using the plate carriers instead of the IFVs. Am I missing something here?

The ability to carry plates? :lol:

Not trying to be a smartass, maybe I don't understand the question. Plate carriers carry hard body armor. Sure, you could get a separate body armor carrier and wear a vest or chest rig over it, but I've never seen the point in that.
I understand that they carry plates. I am not going to worry about those since my GHB/BOB is already approaching 100lbs, and I have an NBC bag to keep my LBE under wraps in the event that a "full battle rattle" would be a bad thing to be caught in.

I thought that maybe the plate carriers were just better made or carried the MOLLE pouches better.
One of the eighty.

Hericletus 500BC

Hammer31
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Hammer31 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:28 pm

VeniVidiVici wrote:Great thread , I'm still in the research mode before I put down any cash. How are you guys grabbing your knives? I have a mid sized Entrek ELK with a molle sheath but I can't figure out where it should be mounted. It's huge(for me) and I don't think I'd ever be able to grab it in a stressful situation. Some of the positions shown look really akward.
I have 2 thigh platforms, right for my Glock and the left for the magazines for it. I had enough room to mount my knife on the side, behind the mag pouches. Nice and comfy! Will not budge even when going for short jogs.
One of the eighty.

Hericletus 500BC

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:28 pm

Hammer31 wrote:I thought that maybe the plate carriers were just better made or carried the MOLLE pouches better.
Plate carrier + no plates = completely, totally, terrible and unusable. Only use a plate carrier if you have actual plates to use. I've seen that mistake many many times.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

SingingDemon

Post by SingingDemon » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:11 am

How hard you think it would be to make your own chest rig? My step bro fiance is pretty damn amazing at sewing. She is willing to make me crap if I purchase fabric as well as pay her for her time.

doubleday

Post by doubleday » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:40 am

DavePAL84 wrote:
Hammer31 wrote:I thought that maybe the plate carriers were just better made or carried the MOLLE pouches better.
Plate carrier + no plates = completely, totally, terrible and unusable. Only use a plate carrier if you have actual plates to use. I've seen that mistake many many times.
Why is that exactly? I run webbing and have zero experience with vests, just curious.

TDW586

Post by TDW586 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:47 am

doubleday wrote:Why is that exactly? I run webbing and have zero experience with vests, just curious.
The weight/stiffness of the plates is necessary for the PC to ride as it's designed. It will sag, bunch, wrinkle and all manner of things without those plates in it.

Hammer31
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Hammer31 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks for the input on this. Never had a plate carrier when I was in the service, We just had to put our LBE over the armor. Major pain in the butt.
One of the eighty.

Hericletus 500BC

Haji
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil 1,2, and 3, and the Samuel scene from Diary of the Dead. I'm working my way through the worst of them of late, too.

Post by Haji » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:30 pm

SingingDemon wrote:How hard you think it would be to make your own chest rig? My step bro fiance is pretty damn amazing at sewing. She is willing to make me crap if I purchase fabric as well as pay her for her time.
If she doesn't have an industrial sewing machine, she's gonna tear it up on the materials that are typically used in tactical gear. Even 500D and lighter-than-69 pound-nylon-thread are heavy duty materials. Most of the stuff made by ATS is 1000D, and 69 pound nylon thread. Takes a big needle to run that stuff. Additionally, without a bar tacker and laser aligner, MOLLE webbing takes a LONG time to sew. It has to be to spec if stuff is gonna work. 1" between rows, inch and a half between tacks. Sounds simple, but if you don't have a jig to line it up, it's a PITA. We use lasers for that, and a big ass industrial bar tacking machine.

Can it be done at home? Sure. Is it as easy as it seems? Not so much. If it was simple, everyone would be doing it.
I don't carry a gun in case I get in a gun fight. I carry a gun because I don't want to miss the opportunity to get in a gun fight. - Officer Timmy

http://www.atstacticalgear.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crimson Phoenix
Favorite Zombie Movies: Virtually any Romero film, 28 Days Later, Zombieland, but I didn't care much for the Resident Evil trilogy.

Post by Crimson Phoenix » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 pm

Well, I might as well submit. I've got three kits and eventually want to make a fourth by effectively copying my woodland MOLLE FLC and its kit in Coyote Brown depending on season and AO since stuff likes to get dry and brown here in the summer and fall and eventually, I'd like to move back to Arizona. Honestly, most of this stuff is for my personal collection and to airsoft in and have the ALICE rig as my short game setup while the IIFS vest tied to pistol belt is for the all day games and the MOLLE rig recently supplemented that as carrying the same stuff but lighter. Still carry two 1 qt. canteens and a 3L camelbak and carry either a larger IFAK in my buttpack or smaller one in a 100 round SAW pouch on the face of the vest (not pictured). It concerns me that I'm the only person who ever takes first aid to the field with them regardless of what group I'm playing with. If I'd be wearing this stuff after doomsday or societal collapse, I'd probably stuff it in a bag and wear a mix of drab fatigues (mix of OD, navy, and khaki) and civvies for low vis and just attach stuff to my belt for quick access. Otherwise, most of it's just for playing army in. I'd probably break out the cammies again if I'm out in the boonies or bandit territory and don't want to get spotted too easily.

And the rest of the crap I own without my six-color stuff photographed. Sorry, no pics of me wearing my new stuff.

Bender711

Post by Bender711 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:05 pm

ATS m4 chest rig. Current load: 4 rifle mags, 2 pistol mags FAK, Basic tools, snack, radio I cant find and hydration carrier on the back. I love this rig so much lower profile than my CIRAS and a million times more comfortable.

ranger sean

Post by ranger sean » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Just an observation.....and not looking to start a fight, but from most of the pics.......no sweat stains, no wear marks, no abrasions, no dirt or stains, nada. Don't people train with their gear???

TDW586

Post by TDW586 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:27 pm

ranger sean wrote:Just an observation.....and not looking to start a fight, but from most of the pics.......no sweat stains, no wear marks, no abrasions, no dirt or stains, nada. Don't people train with their gear???
My plate carrier is pretty much brand new, and it lives in the States, I do not. We have a long-distance relationship. Mea culpa :mrgreen:
Last edited by TDW586 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Other Gear”