What's on your belt? (Or in your pockets!) What's your EDC?

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Jinn
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead

What's on your belt? (Or in your pockets!) What's your EDC?

Post by Jinn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:10 pm

This is for EDC so you know you won't ever be without.

I carry my SOG multitool, cell phone, and knife. I carry a small Maglite on my keychain and a spare set of keys on a pocketwatch chain so I am never (God willing) without.

If you aren't carrying anything on your belt, why not? Would you carry a small Maglite on your belt for a month or is the idea totally foreign to you?

What's your EDC?
Last edited by Jinn on Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txKingfisher wrote:I'm all for treading lightly and being a responsible steward of the land, but if that thing comes near me Imma fuck it up.
Jeriah wrote:Anyway, Steph lobbed it to me and I cut it the fuck in half.

Spinich

Re: What's on your belt?

Post by Spinich » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Well, I work in an office and have to keep a professional appearance (dressy). So I don't wear anything on my belt.

I do carry my .40 Tanfoglio Witness, Gerber Multi-tool, and folding Buck Knife. But do to office policies, those stay in my truck with everything else while I am working (secured, covered parking lot).

GHB in the truck with flashlight, spare ammo, SKS, FAK, etc. Couple gallons of water and 2 MRE's.

Kabong30
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead '78, 28 Days Later (not strictly zombie?) WWZ when it comes out :)

Post by Kabong30 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:28 pm

SOG Power Assist and Surefire G2 LED in a Ripoffs CO-73 "holster" and an iPhone in an Otterbox Defender.
"1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag" - Chris Costa
Sig_Ocelot wrote:Nintendo drops the ball!!!! They don't make hybrid cars, what's up with that? I can't ride my Wii to work, this is bullshit. :evil:

Dubbya

Post by Dubbya » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:36 pm

Absolutely nothing. I have never really liked carrying on my belt. If I am out hiking or camping I will carry my RC-5 on the belt or something similar.

DamageG.A.Z.E.

Post by DamageG.A.Z.E. » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Craftsman Mini Cell Phone Holder
T-Mobile Tap
Leatherman Core
Honda Keys
David

MVegas
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MVegas » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Nuthin. I keep things minimal. Cell phone, keys, maglite solitaire on keyring and a CRKT M16 half-serrated tanto in my pockets.
Winter is Coming

shrimpwd

Post by shrimpwd » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:16 pm

MVegas893.1 wrote:Cell phone, keys, maglite solitaire on keyring and a CRKT M16 half-serrated tanto in my pockets.
And my wallet. Once I get a nice belt, a Leatherman Wave, and probably a fenix LD20, I'll wear them. ($150ish on gear while making $0/month? I'll have them by the end of April, of course!)

Hoppy
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.

Post by Hoppy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:43 pm

nothing. i dislike carrying crap on a my every day belt.
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

Dragk913
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series, "Dead" Series, etc.

Post by Dragk913 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:53 pm

My belt loops.

I think I should carry my Fenix and Leatherman, but right now it's not something my life calls for.
Hoppy wrote: ZS. We put body parts in sheep.

sammage
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, 28 Weeks Later, Shaun of the Dead

Post by sammage » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:05 pm

My Crossbreed Supertuck, with my Glock 19. Every now and then either my Gerber or Leatherman. My keys, wallet, knife, etc are in my pockets.
crypto wrote:Its a great shotgun for shooting people in the face, but I've got a whole room full of stuff I'd rather shoot someone in the face with.
Lionheart wrote:Some times I wish a pissed of bird/birds would try and break into my place just so I can tell teh internetz that I effectively employed birdshot in a HD situation. Till then I'm sticking with 00.

congochris

Post by congochris » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:31 pm

A Gerber multi-toool holster holding my spare mag, and my holster. Don't always have the pistol on me, the holster I have sucks so it starts to hurt my back by the end of the day.

bltjr1951

Post by bltjr1951 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Jinn wrote:Would you carry a small Maglite on your belt for a month or is the idea totally foreign to you?
Are you scared of the dark??

I carry a mini-mag in my EDC fanny pack.
NAHC NAFC REI NRA GOODSAM SFBC MBC WWII
Fenris wrote:God-speed on all your innovative new ideas, lolz.
-fenris-
Veritas wrote:My bad, I obviously over-reacted. You are allowed to disagree without me being a douchebag.

Hoot Harrington

Post by Hoot Harrington » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:30 pm

A buckle.

Hoppy
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.

Post by Hoppy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:09 am

bltjr1951 wrote:
Jinn wrote:Would you carry a small Maglite on your belt for a month or is the idea totally foreign to you?
Are you scared of the dark??

I carry a mini-mag in my EDC fanny pack.
and i am now rocking out to Iron Maiden... thank you very much

im going to have to say
why carry a mag lite? Surefire or Stream light are much better
why carry on a belt. iv got pockets!
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

Jinn
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead

Post by Jinn » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:26 am

Put it anywhere (the flashlight). I carry my mini-Maglite on my key ring.

Maglites are better in my opinion. Rough, rugged, water-proof, and useful as a kubaton. Can the other brands suffice without breakage or damage to you in case of emergency? Dunno. I stick with the tried-and-true.

Concerned over not finding the items my wife dropped behind the seat at the movie-theater (for those who are/have-been married and know the ire of a frustrated wife): Yes.
Wanting illumination when I'm walking to my car at night: Yes.
Wanting to see people clearly at night: Yes.
Wanting to see where I'm going when I'm walking anywhere at night: Yes.

Be aware of your surroundings so you aren't at a disadvantage. This is a lesson I hope you don't have to learn the hard way.

Anyone who lives in a city knows the element of danger that comes with the zip code. Those who aren't afraid of the dark look to have an advantage when the time comes to flight or fight. Peruse this forum and see the examples given of a large Maglite if you don't know how to use a kubaton. The light shining in someone's face still applies, no matter the size of the light.

As for myself, I keep my SOG Multi on me all the time, even in a suit. I have found it to be too useful not to.

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen.

Cheers.
txKingfisher wrote:I'm all for treading lightly and being a responsible steward of the land, but if that thing comes near me Imma fuck it up.
Jeriah wrote:Anyway, Steph lobbed it to me and I cut it the fuck in half.

ogreboy

Post by ogreboy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:19 am

I have my leatherman wave, in a Spec-Ops mag holster mounted horizontally, an iPhone in a Maxpedition phone case, an Olight I15 Infinitum in the case that came with it, but I am looking for a new case for that if anyone has a suggestion.

I would ultimately love a case that fits my light and a spare battery but I have never seen anything like that so I will just keep dreaming.
Don't confuse where you are going, and who you are taking with you. -Sean Kennedy

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am

Jinn wrote:Put it anywhere (the flashlight)

Maglites are better in my opinion. Rough, rugged, water-proof, and useful as a kubaton. Can the other brands suffice without breakage or damage to you in case of emergency? Dunno. I stick with the tried-and-true.
MiniMags got outclassed many years ago by aforementioned Surefires and the other lights. Cost effective but not as bright. It has been proven many times that other more expensive tactical lights are just as rugged if not more so than Maglites.

As far as carrying anything on my belt EDC? Nothing. I got pockets and a messenger bag.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

SixStringRazor

Post by SixStringRazor » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:20 am

Nobody said chapstick. Surely I am not the only one that carries that stuff around in my pocket. Other than that though, I carry my keys/wallet/cell, and a random knife, just depends on which one I grab. I also sometimes carry a zippo, which is odd because I don't smoke. Never know when you need to burn something though.

I realized after I posted this, that the thread was only asking about your belt. I do not in fact carry those items on my belt, but in my pockets. :D

Glennbo
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004), Return of the Living Dead, Night of the Living Dead.

Post by Glennbo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:35 am

Jinn wrote:If you aren't carrying anything on your belt, why not?
People with a lot of stuff on their belt draw attention, and I'd rather appear innocuous.

I don't want to advertise all the gear I carry (it's a LOT), much of it expensive. I see no upside to displaying my possessions, especially the weapons. They are not any easier to access. In fact overtly accessing equipment on a belt by putting your hand on it telegraphs your intentions, whereas slipping your hand into your pocket means nothing specific at all.
"There are a lot of things I've been blamed for that I never did. But then there are a lot of things I did and never got caught at." ---Johnny Cash---

Aonghus
Favorite Zombie Movies: Day of the Dead, 28 Days, 28 Weeks, etc.

Post by Aonghus » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:52 am

Nothing on my belt, in my pockets there's a Leatherman e303 Knife, my cell, my keys w/ single LED light, and my wallet. I sometimes put a cell holder on my belt, but usually it's on my Maxped Jumbo EDC bag.

The Maxped also serves as a GHB bag and has TONS of stuff in it...CCW (when I carry it), Leatherman Supertool 200, Platy 1L, Nalgene w/ cup, FAK, and everything else a boy needs to walk 22 miles to the house in case of emergency.

On dayhikes I'll put a fixed blade on my belt.

If things really go haywire, my LBE has a shit ton of stuff on a belt though. :)

offcamber

Post by offcamber » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:02 pm

I carry a Leatherman Surge horizontally on a my belt.

If Im going somewhere that doesn't allow for stuff visible on my belt, I have a CRKT M16 Tanto in my pocket.

ArmchairWarrior

Post by ArmchairWarrior » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Phone, duct tape wallet, iPod touch, and a CRKT M21-02 G10 in my pockets. I don't wear belts... they tend to yank at the hair around my belly button... >.<

Kabong30
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead '78, 28 Days Later (not strictly zombie?) WWZ when it comes out :)

Post by Kabong30 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:18 pm

bltjr1951 wrote:Are you scared of the dark??
I have found a flashlight to be so useful that I just keep one on me all the time. Use it to look around under the hood of the car, you can use it as a defensive tool, if somebody flips the lights off on you while your on the crapper at work (I work with a bunch of comedians). So many uses, plus it fills my need to look like I know what's going on because I have the most shit on my belt and the most keys on my keyring.
"1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag" - Chris Costa
Sig_Ocelot wrote:Nintendo drops the ball!!!! They don't make hybrid cars, what's up with that? I can't ride my Wii to work, this is bullshit. :evil:

bltjr1951

Post by bltjr1951 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Kabong30 wrote:I have found a flashlight to be so useful that I just keep one on me all the time. Use it to look around under the hood of the car, you can use it as a defensive tool, if somebody flips the lights off on you while your on the crapper at work (I work with a bunch of comedians).
Hell, I used to wear a USGI 30 cal carbine pouch with pocket flashlight, mini hand tools and pencil/pens in it. Wait till someone turns the light off when you're in a big city bathroom. Like I said, nowadays, I carry flashlight in my EDC fannypack.
NAHC NAFC REI NRA GOODSAM SFBC MBC WWII
Fenris wrote:God-speed on all your innovative new ideas, lolz.
-fenris-
Veritas wrote:My bad, I obviously over-reacted. You are allowed to disagree without me being a douchebag.

Return to “Other Gear”