First-Line Gear

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Tribunal Power
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shawn of the Dead... Really, I prefer zombie video games.

Re: First-Line Gear

Post by Tribunal Power » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:05 am

Chef wrote:If anybody wants to tell me how I can carry one of my handguns in a pair of elastic waistband kitchen pants over a hot stove all day, I'm all ears.
Sounds like you, my overworked and underpaid friend, need Tribunal Power's newly developed Taint Holster!

Tired of laying down your rights to go to work? Airport pat-downs got you down? Feeling abused by pesky "reasonable cause" searches, and feeling blue when they take your gun? Well, no more! With Tribunal Power's Taint Holster, you can frame your firepower where angels fear to tread!

First-line belt and tac vest? Take a hike! When you're packing in commando sweatpants, you'll wonder how you ever did without!

Shock that pesky highwayman by reaching to scratch an itch where the sun don't shine, only to pull out a Glock! His last regret will be that he didn't have Tribunal Power's Taint Holster, too!

Police departments in India, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syra, and most other countries where people tend to wear ridiculous robes all the time have already bought hundreds of thousands of Tribunal Power's Taint Holster! People all the round the world are packing a different kind of package in their pants, now!

Get one while supplies last!

DISCLAIMER: One size fits most, may not seat properly in all taints. Tribunal Power is not liable for any anal penetrations and/or neutering that occurs as a result of the holster's placement.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:18 am

Molon Labe wrote:I'm not sure if I like that BladeTech Dave. Maybe I'm just feeling old, but it just doesn't look to secure. Atleast a snap strap or something.
I'm not jumping out of airplanes. :wink:
olbaid_dratsab wrote:It looks like the AR mags and knife handles would hit off of other gear like the pistol. Why arn't these dropped down too? Is there a pouch I can get for an AR mag to drop it down a few inches too?
I thought my knife placement might be a problem (used to be down on the drop when I was using that) but it hasn't been so far.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:58 am

Chef wrote:Vest-plus-Camelbak is heavier-dutier than first line. At least where I come from.

"First line" is last ditch, what stays on you when everything else gets dumped. To be honest, my everyday "first line" is a pocketknife, a lighter, a bandanna, and my wallet, plus a twisted mind and a heart full of hate for all the bullshit and idiots I have to put up with in the course of daily existence. It's not much hardware-wise, but I know it inside and out, and it beats an awesome internet loadout that I rarely actually bother to carry around IRL.

If anybody wants to tell me how I can carry one of my handguns in a pair of elastic waistband kitchen pants over a hot stove all day, I'm all ears.
I've had good luck with a Coronado Leather "Stealth" fanny pack. One breakaway holster compartment, one front horizontal zipper compartment. It is not remotely the sort of "first line gear" other posters have displayed. More of a CCW/utility belt, and I especially feel the lack of a FAK in it, but it's a handy discreet way to carry some useful items.
I've been able to carry a Kahr p45 or Bersa .380 or .357 j-frame, one reload, leatherman, lighter, flip phone and small AAA flashlight. It all stows under an untucked sweatshirt or scrub shirt (where legal!)just fine, and actually helps hold up elastic or drawstring pants. More gear can be hung on the nylon belt if it doesn't fit in the pack - the flashlight has a nylon sheath, for instance, and may trade places with the little wrench and bit driver pouch.

(Not shown: speed strips)

Not tactical, nor as comprehensive as the padded belts (I lack any sort of FAK, for instance) but still a helpful bag of tricks to have and handy when I'm not wearing pants w/pockets.
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:12 am

Tribunal Power wrote:
Chef wrote:If anybody wants to tell me how I can carry one of my handguns in a pair of elastic waistband kitchen pants over a hot stove all day, I'm all ears.
Sounds like you, my overworked and underpaid friend, need Tribunal Power's newly developed Taint Holster!

Tired of laying down your rights to go to work? Airport pat-downs got you down? Feeling abused by pesky "reasonable cause" searches, and feeling blue when they take your gun? Well, no more! With Tribunal Power's Taint Holster, you can frame your firepower where angels fear to tread!

First-line belt and tac vest? Take a hike! When you're packing in commando sweatpants, you'll wonder how you ever did without!

Shock that pesky highwayman by reaching to scratch an itch where the sun don't shine, only to pull out a Glock! His last regret will be that he didn't have Tribunal Power's Taint Holster, too!

Police departments in India, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syra, and most other countries where people tend to wear ridiculous robes all the time have already bought hundreds of thousands of Tribunal Power's Taint Holster! People all the round the world are packing a different kind of package in their pants, now!

Get one while supplies last!

DISCLAIMER: One size fits most, may not seat properly in all taints. Tribunal Power is not liable for any anal penetrations and/or neutering that occurs as a result of the holster's placement.

http://www.smartcarry.com/photos.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

Tribunal Power
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shawn of the Dead... Really, I prefer zombie video games.

Post by Tribunal Power » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:20 am

I have yet to gear up my First Line, but my daily is a Springfield XD45 in an iTAC roto holster with a 13rder and a reload in kind, as well as a cheap folding knife and of course my wallet, phone (Droid ftw), inhaler, and chapstick. If I were gearing up with what I have, I would be wearing my small binoculars (very important, imo) and my compass, as well as carrying a lighter, a pocket mirror (very useful) and a flashlight.

I expect to get lashes for carrying binos and a mirror on my First Line, but I feel that those are very important because I don't like going somewhere not knowing what to expect. Binos let me see far away, to inspect details or survey a path, and a mirror lets me see around corners and sometimes under doors (as well as other uses). If I were in a PAW, or even just in a dangerous time and place, I would have those with me, no doubt, and would consistantly use them while moving about, ESPECIALLY in a firefight Holding mirror out > sticking head around a corner.

Gearing up a real First Line with the pistol belt and all is on the To Do list, right behind the AR build. :D

Murph

Post by Murph » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:29 am

Hmm...
Shoulder Holster
Belly Band Holster
Ankle Holster
Does your BOB at least have: water, basic tools, fire, food, first-aid kit, and shelter?
"When planning, prepare for the most likely, and then the most catastrophic."
raptor wrote: Being a gun collector does not make you a prepper.
the_alias wrote: Murph has all the diplomacy of a North Korean warhead, but -he has- a valid point

Chef
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Whatever that one with Bruce Campbell in it was

Post by Chef » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:49 am

Murph wrote:
Hmm...
Shoulder Holster
Belly Band Holster
Ankle Holster

Facetious, this is Serious. Serious, Facetious. I know you guys are gonna get along great. :lol:
Orville Wright did not have a pilot's license.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:34 pm

Chef wrote:
Murph wrote:
Hmm...
Shoulder Holster
Belly Band Holster
Ankle Holster

Facetious, this is Serious. Serious, Facetious. I know you guys are gonna get along great. :lol:

haha if you are anything like me, leaning over a fryer, standing over 9 burners, and being in and out of a couple convy ovens all damn day, the last thing i want are any bullets falling into any of the above.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:35 pm

https://www.tuffproducts.com/product.ph ... 273&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do yuns think this would be decent if you could rig a way to mount it on a MOLLE belt?
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:07 am

Molon Labe wrote:I'm not sure if I like that BladeTech Dave. Maybe I'm just feeling old, but it just doesn't look to secure. Atleast a snap strap or something.
It has tension screws. It is pretty secure. I have the same fears though. i ordered one with a retension strap running over the top shown here:

http://blade-tech.com/RH-WRS-DUTY-HOLST ... -1052.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

ashwednesday
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead

Post by ashwednesday » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:28 pm

I'm loving the Safariland ALS holsters on my first line.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.

Unorthodox
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Unorthodox » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:44 am

ashwednesday wrote:Image

Tell me more about that belt :awesome:
ImageImage
I load my gatteries in my assault clips for my AR-15 battle rifle. | Avatar By Nyssa

ashwednesday
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead

Post by ashwednesday » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:53 am

Thanks, it's the Ronin Tactics Taskforce belt. It's crazy stiff and versatile. I've got three Esstac KYWI pistol mag pouches and two KYWI AR mag pouches. I've also got a Tactical Tailor dump pouch over the rifle mag pouches. The inner belt is crazy stiff also. The other side is a Safariland UBL mid with a QLS fork and a Safariland ALS holster for Glock.

"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.

Tobias05
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: "The Walking Dead" on AMC

Post by Tobias05 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:33 pm

Love the setup, but how does that elastic strap work on that DOH style attachment? Seems a bit redundant I guess?

I Run a Blade-Tech DOH on a HSGI suregrip and love the offset holster.

ashwednesday

Post by ashwednesday » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:58 pm

You're right; it's not that much drop, and the ubl is really stiff and so is the belt. But it does make sure there's no chance of that 'flip' in there which might prevent the holster from releasing the gun. I don't even notice the strap. This is definitely more of a 'hip' holster than a 'thigh' holster but the added security isn't uncomfortable or cumbersome. I watched this video: https://youtu.be/__78Ve2dIUo by Tu Lam (whose company sells this belt) and set it up based largely on that.

Return to “Other Gear”