Online shops who take Paypal?

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

designerchick

Online shops who take Paypal?

Post by designerchick » Sun May 29, 2016 12:42 am

Do you guys have any favorite online shops for general gear that accept Paypal? Not necessarily tactical gear, just a wide variety of general camping, first aid, survival-type products. I do use Amazon a lot but sometimes their prep selection isn't the best. I also get paid via Paypal, so it's nice to just be able to use my Paypal balance for purchases instead of waiting several days for it to clear to my bank. We have a couple of sporting goods-type stores here, but their prices are usually astronomical.

Thanks!

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Re: Online shops who take Paypal?

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun May 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Depending on what you're after, I find secondhand gear via various forums to be a good bet, and most people accept PayPal.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

modustollens

Post by modustollens » Sun May 29, 2016 9:04 pm

I have bought up a few things lately and I have noticed that it is quite rare to find a shop or a person who does not have PayPal rather than the other way around. Many shops in Canada now have online Interac too, so I can use my bank account directly rather than going via PayPal.

What were you hoping to acquire?

The forum here is a good place for researching kit - I've bought a lot of stuff based upon what I have read or seen here.

MT
My homemade stove:Homemade Backpack Stove
Radio Page: VE3EFQ

designerchick

Post by designerchick » Sun May 29, 2016 9:55 pm

modustollens wrote:I have bought up a few things lately and I have noticed that it is quite rare to find a shop or a person who does not have PayPal rather than the other way around. Many shops in Canada now have online Interac too, so I can use my bank account directly rather than going via PayPal.

What were you hoping to acquire?
I was doing some shopping last week and I was having a difficult time finding a Paypal-friendly shop. I guess I was just trying the wrong ones. LOL. I ended up going with Option Gray. I was looking for a variety of things, which is usually my situation. If I'm making a large purchase of 1 or 2 higher end things, I'll scout around for the best price and go with whoever has it, even if I have to use a debit or CC. Sometimes though I'm just looking to grab a few different things and it can be hard to find a shop that offers a good variety and Paypal. For instance, I ordered a Maxpedition Mini, some paracord, stainless tweezers, Rite in the Rain notebook, and a better and smaller flashlight for my keychain. Just random things to make my EDC more versatile and lighter, which is an ongoing project for me. They had a pretty good selection, but there were a couple of things I was window shopping for that they didn't carry.

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:35 pm

Gander Mountain (http://www.gandermountain.com) takes Paypal. So does Bass Pro, I think. They both tend to come up with really great deals on useful things.
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

gundogs

Post by gundogs » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:10 am

You can get a credit/debit card from Paypal that can be used like any other card

Return to “Other Gear”