Coffee dip pouches

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

airmandan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Coffee dip pouches

Post by airmandan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:54 am

Anyone heard or have any experience with these guys?
https://www.getgrinds.com

Seems like an idea I had back in Afghanistan, looks like these guys actually made it work.

Anyone got any thoughts on this idea?

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Re: Coffee dip pouches

Post by Asymetryczna » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:23 am

This advertisement and product is new to me, the use of coffee beans, grounds and powder as a pinch between the cheek and gum goes back much, much farther. Many people think they thought of it first, myself included. As an example of a much, much newer idea I have been considering is the concept of creating a battle boat of some kind that operates independently while completely under water.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:31 am

I'm going to order a sample pack of these to play around with on the ambulance during 24hr shifts. Should be fun. :lol:

I am going to have to retrain myself though cause this is what their website says.
The best way to absorb the energy from each pouch is to swallow the saliva it produces. When you have a Grinds pouch in, you’re essentially brewing the coffee in your mouth. If you’d like to spit, you can. Your body will still absorb the energy and caffeine, but in a slower, less deliberate manner. The choice is yours.
And anyone who has done chew in the past knows, you don't swallow chaw spit.
-NREMT-P
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:41 am

Asymetryczna wrote: Many people think they thought of it first, myself included. As an example of a much, much newer idea I have been considering is the concept of creating a battle boat of some kind that operates independently while completely under water.
Crazy talk. How would it even run? You'd kill the crew with the engine fumes! You might as well propose some sort of seafaring airport for military planes. That moves on its own accord. :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Now if your underwater battle boat thingy did something special, like run on coffee grounds or some other non-fossil fuel source, you might have an idea worth pursuing ....
Last edited by majorhavoc on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airmandan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by airmandan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:45 am

majorhavoc wrote:
Asymetryczna wrote: Many people think they thought of it first, myself included. As an example of a much, much newer idea I have been considering is the concept of creating a battle boat of some kind that operates independently while completely under water.
Crazy talk. How would it even run? You'd kill the crew with the engine fumes! You might as well propose some sort seafaring airport for military planes. That moves on its own accord. :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Now if your underwater battle boat thingy did something special, like run on coffee grounds or some other non-fossil fuel source, you might have an idea worth pursuing ....
you think that's crazy, I've got a cool idea for a machine that lets you float like a bird!

In all seriousness I'm sure plenty of us have gotten by with the MRE instant coffee tucked in the lip, I just figured you guys might be interested in this as a lightweight, easy to use coffee alternative that requires no water or brewing.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Post by Asymetryczna » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:25 am

airmandan wrote: I just figured you guys might be interested in this as a lightweight, easy to use coffee alternative that requires no water or brewing.
I know. And good on ya for offering it up. Others here are agreeing with you and tipping their cap to you in the way they are most comfortable. Now, is there any more information available on this floating airport concept? If we could frame it in a marketable way we ought to take it onto Shark Tank.

http://kaplifestyle.com/blog/2015/04/10 ... e-grounds/

A Brief History
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:27 pm

Asymetryczna wrote:Now, is there any more information available on this floating airport concept? If we could frame it in a marketable way we ought to take it onto Shark Tank.
We could build it out of pycrete and have it float around in the north Atlantic! It'll never sink!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

dallas

Post by dallas » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:53 pm

I always used sub-lingual freeze dried coffee.

Shiloh
Favorite Zombie Movies: -Zombieland
-Dead snow
-28 days/weeks/months later

Post by Shiloh » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:49 pm

I actually tried these a few months ago and they were pretty cool. The flavor goes away kinda quick but you get a nice slow-release of caffeine for quite a while.
Amateur radio operator - KG7QEL

Tactical furry.

Mampfies

Post by Mampfies » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:19 am

Just crunch on a few coffee beans. Very tasty...

uncleben03

Post by uncleben03 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:38 pm

I used these to help me quit chewing tobacco last year. I did quit. It didn't last, but I was successfully able to quit using these. I'm not a coffee drinker, so the plain mocha flavored ones were gross to me, but the mint chocolate was the closest to my Mint flavored chew, so that's what I bought the most of.
BobtheBreaker wrote:Paramedics must have been pissed! trying to lift that guy onto the gurney with his massive brass stones weighing everything down.
Heks wrote:engagement ring.... is that a MOLLE accessory?

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:21 am

I prefer Columbian sourced beans. I just grind them up on my emergency signalling mirror and take them right to the nose... If you know what I mean
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

grennels

Post by grennels » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:52 pm

I swallow snuff juice. Ever try spitting on a moving motorcycle?
Shot 'em, now I'm gonna hang 'em, then I'm gonna burn 'em!
Damn Zombies. Can't ever be too dead to suit me.

- with apologies to Larry McMurtry

Return to “Other Gear”