War Belt / Battle Belt Holsters and Mounting Options

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ashwednesday
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead

War Belt / Battle Belt Holsters and Mounting Options

Post by ashwednesday » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:45 pm

It seems that there are a bewildering number of options for holsters for these types of belts and further numerous ways to mount them depending on the belt.

I was wondering if we could consolidate some of that info here?

For example, a lot of people seem to be running the G-Code OSH holster with different attachments including the duty belt drop attachment and the RTI wheel attached to MOLLE.

However, I noticed that the bolt pattern matches the two vertical holes for the Safariland MLS accessory fork. So that's another way to mount a G-Code holster to MOLLE.

While I like the flexibility of the RTI system, I can't help but feel like the Safariland hardware and mounting points are the most robust available.

Anyway, this way you just buy the fork and mount it. You don't need the RTI wheel etc. also.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Last edited by ashwednesday on Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:01 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: War Belt / Battle Belt Holsters and Mounting Options

Post by PistolPete » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:24 pm

Not sure if you've seen this thread, but there are lots of different options laid out.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=74377
Angry Peasants, musings on guns and the state of our world

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

ashwednesday
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead

Post by ashwednesday » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:53 am

Seen it, was hoping to have one thread for just holster stuff, maybe that's too fine a distinction? Doesn't seem to be that much interest...

"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.

ashwednesday

Post by ashwednesday » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:30 am

Last edited by ashwednesday on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: None

Post by Asymetryczna » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:37 am

Where did you buy your locking fork? The ones I have seen are square on top and I like yours better. It appears to fit flawlessly.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Badger24
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later

Post by Badger24 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:08 pm

Asymetryczna wrote:Where did you buy your locking fork? The ones I have seen are square on top and I like yours better. It appears to fit flawlessly.
I was just looking at these.
http://www.holsterops.com/MLS

wester

Post by wester » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Picked one of these up recently, sits nice and tight to the belt, seems to hold the pistol well.

http://kctkydex.com/products/molle-link-pals-holster

ashwednesday

Post by ashwednesday » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:48 pm

wester wrote:Picked one of these up recently, sits nice and tight to the belt, seems to hold the pistol well.

http://kctkydex.com/products/molle-link-pals-holster
Interesting. The kydex shop that was working with Ares Armor was doing them that way.

ashwednesday

Post by ashwednesday » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:58 pm

Asymetryczna wrote:Where did you buy your locking fork? The ones I have seen are square on top and I like yours better. It appears to fit flawlessly.
Sorry, I spaced out and didn't see your question until now. The pictured locking fork is the plain old Safariland MLS16 fork. It just happens to match the bolt pattern of the G-Code holster.

ashwednesday

Post by ashwednesday » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:59 pm

Badger24 wrote:
I was just looking at these.
http://www.holsterops.com/MLS
Correct, the MLS16 is the pictured locking fork, their accessory fork which happens to fit the G-Code holster pattern.

rjm

Post by rjm » Sun May 29, 2016 4:15 am

I've heard a ton of stuff about not wearing a fixed blade on your body, but I also listen to stories told by my grandfather who survived Saipan, Tinian, Leyete, and Iwo who will argue that the only reason he survived was because of his K-bar and several very close calls with it. I know everything is going tacti-cool now and everyone is trying to dress like the superheroes, but doesn't it stand to reason that someone who was in a dissimilar environment might be right? It seems like such a small piece of kit that takes up a small space to completely abandon it because it may not be streamlined or ninja enough.
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."

ashwednesday

Post by ashwednesday » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:28 am

I've been trying to figure out a fixed blade for my belt that won't extend up high enough to poke me or interfere with my plate carrier.

I'm a little guy so I'm trying to keep things light and streamlined, trying to minimize stuff that my rifle sling can hang up on. I had a Cold Steel Recon Tanto on an old plate carrier, but I took it off. I have a Kobun Tanto I might try.

So far I'm not happy with my options. I might just attach a little fist dagger or HAK (hideaway knife).

shulatt

Post by shulatt » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:24 pm

ashwednesday wrote:I've been trying to figure out a fixed blade for my belt that won't extend up high enough to poke me or interfere with my plate carrier.

I'm a little guy so I'm trying to keep things light and streamlined, trying to minimize stuff that my rifle sling can hang up on. I had a Cold Steel Recon Tanto on an old plate carrier, but I took it off. I have a Kobun Tanto I might try.

So far I'm not happy with my options. I might just attach a little fist dagger or HAK (hideaway knife).

It's more about sheath options than specific blades... well, unless you're planning on carrying a particularly large blade like a big kukri, machete, seax, etc.

If you look at most bayonet sheaths, you'll notice the attachment point is usually very close to the pommel with a strap of some sort securing the handle, rather than being closer to the point the blade meets the handle.

Unorthodox
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Unorthodox » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:53 am

Are you looking for a knife or a sharpened pry bar?

Is this mainly a utility knife? Or is it's primary function poking someone who's just too close for comfort to gain distance before going to guns?
If you're looking for utility, any half decent multi-tool will get-r-done. Sharpened prybar...gets a little unwieldy unless you're looking to mount to your belt drop style

Hurting people? There's this little sucker below. Sits at an angle so it doesn't dig into your ribs but is enough knife to dig into someone else's ribs

Ka-Bar TDI

Or maybe this little stabby stabber. Designed to be shoved down into the molle webbing for low low profile. Hook your finger in the ring and pull.

Benchmade SOCP (Lower cost licensed alternative to the Spartan CQB tool)
ImageImage
I load my gatteries in my assault clips for my AR-15 battle rifle. | Avatar By Nyssa

ashwednesday

Post by ashwednesday » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:43 am

Unorthodox wrote:Are you looking for a knife or a sharpened pry bar?

Is this mainly a utility knife? Or is it's primary function poking someone who's just too close for comfort to gain distance before going to guns?
If you're looking for utility, any half decent multi-tool will get-r-done. Sharpened prybar...gets a little unwieldy unless you're looking to mount to your belt drop style

Hurting people? There's this little sucker below. Sits at an angle so it doesn't dig into your ribs but is enough knife to dig into someone else's ribs

Ka-Bar TDI

Or maybe this little stabby stabber. Designed to be shoved down into the molle webbing for low low profile. Hook your finger in the ring and pull.

Benchmade SOCP (Lower cost licensed alternative to the Spartan CQB tool)
Interested in both of these. They're actually both on my Amazon wishlist.

ashwednesday

Post by ashwednesday » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:03 pm

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016120 ... 839bcc.jpg[/img]]

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016120 ... b971c1.jpg[/img]]

I ended up adding this little Cold Steel Spike. I guess a small knife is better than none.

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016120 ... a5fcd8.jpg[/img]]

Return to “Other Gear”