Hats

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Mikeyboy

Re: Hats

Post by Mikeyboy » Wed May 06, 2015 8:12 am

moab wrote:
dogbane wrote:This thread inspired me to remove the buttons from all my slouch caps. They were instantly more comfortable. Thanks Dave!
How did you remove them without ruining the hat?
Yeah, I haven't official tried to do it but just looking at all my ball caps I cant see how you would remove the button without it going all FUBAR and leaving a hole at the top of the cap.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Wed May 06, 2015 8:39 am

moab wrote:
dogbane wrote:This thread inspired me to remove the buttons from all my slouch caps. They were instantly more comfortable. Thanks Dave!
How did you remove them without ruining the hat?
I used a pair of pliers and just pulled the rivets out. The resulting holes at the top of the hats are negligible. I burned off a few stray threads with a lighter. The hats are holding up well, although there is a little furring of thread where the button was.

The hats are no-names, bought at Target a few years back, made in Bangladesh. I haven't found any hats as good at Target in a while. Flimsy junk there now.
Mostly not here anymore.

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Mon May 25, 2015 8:52 pm

I just got a ventilated boonie from Duluth Trading. It has snaps on the sides, so I can wear ear protection over it and still have some shade on the back of my neck.

Sent via carrier wave.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

Return to “Other Gear”