Looking for a small chest rig

Other provisions not covered above that may make survival easier if your life is tossed out of the norm. This section is for discussing everything from arc welders to underwear.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Phoenix David
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I am legend, Omega man

Post by Phoenix David » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Looking for a small chest rig, 3 or 4 AR mag capacity, also looking for a cost effective price point

Any pointers?
Nobody ever wishes they brought a smaller gun to a gun fight

Rednex
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Looking for a small chest rig

Post by Rednex » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Its Condor brand so you may want better not sure. GMS has them on sale for $19.95. Condor molle chest panel add your own pouchs.
http://www.gmstactical.com/comochpamc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kaotiktribe
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Kaotiktribe » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Maxpedition makes a mini tac rig thats real low key. Can be worn under jacket. Good price too.

Cmgray612

Post by Cmgray612 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Try High Speed Gear. Top notch product. Look into their Chest Rig

Redeyes
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of The Living Dead 1968

Post by Redeyes » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:25 pm

http://www.hsgi.us/products.php?cat=46" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.skdtac.com/Tactical-Tailor-M ... tr.129.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those would be my picks.

Team Beards&Irons MilCopp 2013

Browning 35 for ZS President 2016. Make Zombie Squad Great Again!

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Redeyes wrote:http://www.hsgi.us/products.php?cat=46

http://www.skdtac.com/Tactical-Tailor-M ... tr.129.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those would be my picks.

I have the hsg one listed above (ao version). I have nothing to compare it to, but it fits the bill for me. Did milcopp in it in June, I run it with 4 double rifle tacos (also known as overkill for pretty much everything :clownshoes: ). I like hsgi, I use a battle belt and mag holders/blowout kit from them too. Good stuff imo.

I'm the jabroni on the left
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

PotatoMuncher
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days/Weeks Later
Anything Romero
Zombi 2
etc

Post by PotatoMuncher » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Aaaaand, /thread

ZSC:40
Greater New Orleans

Frosty709
Favorite Zombie Movies: most of them

Post by Frosty709 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Yeah SOE is great stuff. If you don't want to go with the set up like TatoMuncher shown, SOE also makes one the same size that is of pals webbing, so you can make it however you like with pouches.

Either way, SOE is the way to go. It's a bit pricey, but it's all made in the USA, and I doubt that it even wears out lol.
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote: Sorry.

Look at it this way. At least you aren't a zombie.

Or Pimpslick. :lol:
Follow me on twitter?

Phoenix David
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Phoenix David » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Well I have a warbelt setup but I am wondering if it will just freak them out since it's kind of a practical rifle class or to mall ninjaish

PotatoMuncher
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days/Weeks Later
Anything Romero
Zombi 2
etc

Post by PotatoMuncher » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 pm

If it's a carbine course, then run what you're going to fight with. Nothing wrong with that.
ZSC:40
Greater New Orleans

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:29 pm

I can get my war belt on way faster than my chest rig. And it has a pistol and reloads on it. Doesn't get more practical than that imo :D

Wear what you are likely to use. I just used my chest rig to back-fill my belt at milcopp all but for a few exercises; and that was purposely to run reloads directly from the chest rig.

I think you/me/most people would be just fine with a simple one like the maxpedition one listed above. Inexpensive but durable and purpose built.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:02 pm

PotatoMuncher wrote:Aaaaand, /thread

^ I approve of this msg. Not all that comfortable for long wear but very low profile while still having room for the important gear.
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:09 pm

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/ ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have other ones too. I have the Snubby and it is easily one of my favorite pieces of kit.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:16 pm

olbaid_dratsab wrote:http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/ ... fault.aspx

They have other ones too. I have the Snubby and it is easily one of my favorite pieces of kit.

^ Wow, I have never seen anything that screamed GUN, more than a guy wearing 5.11 pants and a fanny pack until now. :lol:
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

RepoMan73
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by RepoMan73 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:24 pm

docdredd wrote:

^ Wow, I have never seen anything that screamed GUN, more than a guy wearing 5.11 pants and a fanny pack until now. :lol:
Depends on where you see it. The HPG kits are made for outdoors and don't look out of place on a hiker. I wear one whenever I hit the trials and never get a second look. That may be different if I wear it to the mall though.
My opinion...60% of the time, it's right every time!

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:35 pm

RepoMan73 wrote:
docdredd wrote:

Depends on where you see it. The HPG kits are made for outdoors and don't look out of place on a hiker. I wear one whenever I hit the trials and never get a second look. That may be different if I wear it to the mall though.
Oh I am not mocking you brother. Just making a comical observation. I assume EVERYONE is carrying, That way I dont have any surprises :lol:
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:21 am

I don't think I've seen anything that screamed "GUN" more than a guy with a rifle and a chest rig with AR mags in it. I don't think inconspicious was a criteria for the OP.

Maybe not the Recon, I mean hell they named it The Recon, but the other ones look like they fit what ever context the wearer is using them in within reasonable limits.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

Mr.Pliskin

Post by Mr.Pliskin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:13 pm

olbaid_dratsab wrote:I don't think I've seen anything that screamed "GUN" more than a guy with a rifle and a chest rig with AR mags in it. I don't think inconspicious was a criteria for the OP.

Maybe not the Recon, I mean hell they named it The Recon, but the other ones look like they fit what ever context the wearer is using them in within reasonable limits.

I always find it funny when people want to try and hide a chest rig under a shirt. Since the reason for wearing a chest rig is to feed the rifle you'll be carrying.

Oh, and anything from SOE. If you want something to last through the apocalypse, their kit is literally bombproof :D

Kelvar
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Phoenix David wrote:Well I have a warbelt setup but I am wondering if it will just freak them out since it's kind of a practical rifle class or to mall ninjaish

Why are your rifle mags facing different directions?
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

Phoenix David
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Phoenix David » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Kelvar wrote:
Phoenix David wrote:Well I have a warbelt setup but I am wondering if it will just freak them out since it's kind of a practical rifle class or to mall ninjaish

Why are your rifle mags facing different directions?
There's only 1 magazine in there that is facing the correct direction, probably just threw them in there for the photo

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Re: Re: Looking for a small chest rig

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:25 pm

They will freak out if your pistol gets hung up on that IFAK.

~sent via spacearmadillogram~
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:49 pm

It won't.

Mine looks the same way when flat. When worn it won't even be close enough to think twice about.
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Re: Re: Looking for a small chest rig

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:06 pm

gravediggerfour wrote:It won't.

Mine looks the same way when flat. When worn it won't even be close enough to think twice about.
Cool. Had a corpsman that put his IFAK over his M9, and I was having the twitchy flashbacks

~sent via spacearmadillogram~
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Mr.Pliskin wrote:
olbaid_dratsab wrote:I don't think I've seen anything that screamed "GUN" more than a guy with a rifle and a chest rig with AR mags in it. I don't think inconspicious was a criteria for the OP.

I always find it funny when people want to try and hide a chest rig under a shirt. Since the reason for wearing a chest rig is to feed the rifle you'll be carrying.

Oh, and anything from SOE. If you want something to last through the apocalypse, their kit is literally bombproof :D
Who said anything about hiding it under a shirt?

Return to “Other Gear”