Page 1 of 1

Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:48 pm
by doitnstyle1
Joerg you mad genius you have done it again!

https://youtu.be/P2WhUu15B5E

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:26 pm
by ineffableone
OK that is just pure awesome that someone finally built one of these for commercial sale! :clap:

Considering the price of the r9 isn't that high, the price pont for one of these likely isn't going to be too bad either.

Now I have been out of touch being busy on my homestead, so hadn't even heard of the r9 till now. But glad I hadn't becauce I might have bought one and you can't upgrade one. So good timing to hear of these. I can hold out for this new model.

Critters beware, I will have a "rapid fire" crossbow soon. :clownshoes:

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:54 am
by Stercutus
I'd like one of those but if it is North of $2K I probably skip. He has some nice stuff at his store though.

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:56 am
by ineffableone
The r9 which this is built off of is priced at $250 on Amazon. I don't think you will have to worry about a $2K price. I am guessing more $300 range

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:16 pm
by Zed Hunter
Just bought a Cheap Shot version of this crossbow on flea bay for $191.90. 130 lb pull. I'm going to buy the 110 lb and 90 lb limbs in the future.

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:07 pm
by ineffableone
So FYI there is an updated video. Which includes price. 350 Euros. And release scheduled for July.


Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:49 pm
by Stercutus
Interesting. A sustained ROF of six per minute compared to a well trained longbowman averaging 8-20 a minute. Although the time appears to mostly spent reloading.

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:34 am
by moab
Stercutus wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:49 pm
Interesting. A sustained ROF of six per minute compared to a well trained longbowman averaging 8-20 a minute. Although the time appears to mostly spent reloading.
Agreed. Maybe it's another step towards something closer to a longbow though. In reload speed I mean. And supporting this guy that leads in designs like this is a good thing.

I bought a Barnett Recruit for half price last year. Still haven't shot it. But I like it's lbs vs size ratio. It hits a sweet spot. Where it has good poundage. But is a medium to smaller frame. SO it's packable and still strong enough that you could hunt with it. That's my main attraction to these things. Sooner or later the bullets are gonna run out. Or even if they haven't it's a great way to conserve. I've shot a lot of bow growing up. But a crossbows gotta be even easier to take a deer with. Looking forward to taking it out once we move back to the PNW.

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:01 am
by woodsghost
moab wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:34 am
Stercutus wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:49 pm
Interesting. A sustained ROF of six per minute compared to a well trained longbowman averaging 8-20 a minute. Although the time appears to mostly spent reloading.
Agreed. Maybe it's another step towards something closer to a longbow though. In reload speed I mean. And supporting this guy that leads in designs like this is a good thing.

I bought a Barnett Recruit for half price last year. Still haven't shot it. But I like it's lbs vs size ratio. It hits a sweet spot. Where it has good poundage. But is a medium to smaller frame. SO it's packable and still strong enough that you could hunt with it. That's my main attraction to these things. Sooner or later the bullets are gonna run out. Or even if they haven't it's a great way to conserve. I've shot a lot of bow growing up. But a crossbows gotta be even easier to take a deer with. Looking forward to taking it out once we move back to the PNW.
I want to hear the stories of the deer you take! That sounds great!

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:08 am
by Zed Hunter
I bought the Cold Steel Cheap Shot version on fleay bay for just over $200.00. Even though the dot sight is all plastic it hits consistent POI. very easy to cock and load. Disassembled it is very packable.

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:55 am
by moab
woodsghost wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:01 am
moab wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:34 am
Stercutus wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:49 pm
Interesting. A sustained ROF of six per minute compared to a well trained longbowman averaging 8-20 a minute. Although the time appears to mostly spent reloading.
Agreed. Maybe it's another step towards something closer to a longbow though. In reload speed I mean. And supporting this guy that leads in designs like this is a good thing.

I bought a Barnett Recruit for half price last year. Still haven't shot it. But I like it's lbs vs size ratio. It hits a sweet spot. Where it has good poundage. But is a medium to smaller frame. SO it's packable and still strong enough that you could hunt with it. That's my main attraction to these things. Sooner or later the bullets are gonna run out. Or even if they haven't it's a great way to conserve. I've shot a lot of bow growing up. But a crossbows gotta be even easier to take a deer with. Looking forward to taking it out once we move back to the PNW.
I want to hear the stories of the deer you take! That sounds great!
My father was Native American - Yakama Nation. Part Chinook, Wishram and Cascade. He used to hunt deer with a bow or a .22lr. Way better hunter than I'll ever be. But he taught me a lot. Died last year from ALS. The VA took good care of him. He was a Vietnam Vet. Most of my hunting has been with firearms. But I killed a deer with a bow once. Up in Colville WA. We lived on the east side for quite a while. But I was born and grew up in Darrington WA. Up in the westside Cascades. Mount baker ranger district. Hunting was better before I came along. It was hard to get a deer when ever my father and grandfather would take me hunting. I have not been back to hunt there for many years.

I'd like to look into deer populations in that district. But have no idea where to start. Anybody got any ideas? Fish & Game maybe?

I used to hunt with a recurve or long bow. I grew up from the age of maybe 4 or 5 shooting bow and firearms. But bows you could shoot forever. The ammo never ran out. Between that and bb guns. I shot a lot as a child. I was allowed to use those anytime I wanted. And other firearms if I was hunting. But the bow and bb guns around the house all summer long. I used to spread syrup on the front step and shoot the flies off it with my bb gun. My father would buy me a .25 cent roll of 1000 bb's several times a week from the country store by his house. So by time I joined the USMC I was already a good shot with just about any firearm you put in front of me. I was recruited for a Sniper platoon. And always shot Expert.

But since living in LA I haven't shot a bow once. I do when I go home to the PNW. And we plan to move there as soon as my very sick father in law dies. Should be sometime in the next year. I'm gonna settle in Granite Falls or Silverton. With easy access to the Mt. Baker RAnger District. My grandfather and my father and I spent a lot of time in those mountains. (My grandfather and father put a lot of the trails in by contract with the Forest Service. My grandfather did a 40 year study of Mountain Goats in that area.) And since a lot of the logging roads have washed out in floods. Maybe 10 years ago. So I'm hoping the deer population has grown some. Not as easy access as there once was. And a lot of poor hunters in the area. So it was over hunted for some time.

Back in the day when I was like maybe 5. Deer used to eat off our plum tree in the back yard in Darrington. I remember watching my father shave one morning. He stopped suddenly. Pulled his .22 from behind the back door - off the bathroom. And shot a 2 point in our backyard. Left for work. And told my mother to take care of it. lol. My Mother called my grandfather and he came over and took care of it. But that's how plentiful deer were when I was a kid. But by time I became hunting age. You had to hike long distances high up into the mountains to get a deer. It was not sit in a blind on the edge of my corn field type stuff. You actually had to hunt for them in the woods. Spotting and stalking. In the deep brush. But we always got deer. Always had to pack them out from fairly deep forest though. I remember more than one pack filled with so much deer meat I could pick it up and fall down. My father and grandfather laughing at me. lol. My father had this old USGI pack board. That I swear could hold 200lbs of meat. Even with a 100lbs in it when I was 14 it would make me fall over. lol. It wasn't until I got into the MArine Corps that I really learned how to carry a heavy pack for long distances. But I'm sure deer hunting had helped me a lot more than some of those other guys in the Corps that had never even been outdoors.

But that crossbow I picked up is pretty boss. The Barnett Recruit was just replaced with a green version called the Barnett Recruit Recon or something. I don't know how much better the specs are. But the new version is of course near $300. So you can get the older Recruit for about half price if you can find one. I have not looked. I think it normally runs $300 and I got mine for $150 or maybe less. Specs are:

Product Features

Barnett custom composite limbs
High energy cams
Anti-Dry Fire trigger
CNC machined aluminum flight track
Custom composite laminated limbs
Crosswire string and cable system
Finger Guard Pass Through foregrip
Product Specifications

Speed: 300 fps with 400 grain arrow
Kinetic Energy: 80 ft-lbs.
Draw Weight: 130 lbs.
Power Stroke: 12 in.
Overall Length: 34.25 in.
Axle to Axle Width: 16in.
Weight: 6.5 lbs. without accessories
Sight: Red Dot Scope

I really like the 130lbs draw and the 16" wing span. Good for moving thru the forest and packing it. But with enough foot pounds to get the job done.

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:04 pm
by JoergS
Haven't been here in a while but I am happy to see you like the "Adder" I designed together with Ek Archery.

It is based on the RX platform but sports a magazine, allowing very quick follow-up shots.

This is the crossbow that I was looking for all those years.

- High rate of fire
- Easy to cock
. Works in the dark
- Absolutely a Zombie killer
- Accurate
- Silent
- Easy to disassemble and reassemble
- Extremely portable both in assembled and (even more) in disassembled condition
- Shoots field target AND broadhead bolts
- Extremely easy string change
- Affordable (350 € for the complete set including a METAL red dot, rear/front stock, replacement string, bolts, and and and

It will start to ship in September, and I think it will revolutionize the crossbow market forever. Gone are the days when crossbows were clumsy and hard to cock.

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:53 pm
by Halfapint
JoergS wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:04 pm
Haven't been here in a while but I am happy to see you like the "Adder" I designed together with Ek Archery.

It is based on the RX platform but sports a magazine, allowing very quick follow-up shots.

This is the crossbow that I was looking for all those years.

- High rate of fire
- Easy to cock
. Works in the dark
- Absolutely a Zombie killer
- Accurate
- Silent
- Easy to disassemble and reassemble
- Extremely portable both in assembled and (even more) in disassembled condition
- Shoots field target AND broadhead bolts
- Extremely easy string change
- Affordable (350 € for the complete set including a METAL red dot, rear/front stock, replacement string, bolts, and and and

It will start to ship in September, and I think it will revolutionize the crossbow market forever. Gone are the days when crossbows were clumsy and hard to cock.
Great job! Looks mean! I’ve watch you shoot a few different demos on your channel. Any new links?

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:03 am
by moab
Halfapint wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:53 pm
JoergS wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:04 pm
Haven't been here in a while but I am happy to see you like the "Adder" I designed together with Ek Archery.

It is based on the RX platform but sports a magazine, allowing very quick follow-up shots.

This is the crossbow that I was looking for all those years.

- High rate of fire
- Easy to cock
. Works in the dark
- Absolutely a Zombie killer
- Accurate
- Silent
- Easy to disassemble and reassemble
- Extremely portable both in assembled and (even more) in disassembled condition
- Shoots field target AND broadhead bolts
- Extremely easy string change
- Affordable (350 € for the complete set including a METAL red dot, rear/front stock, replacement string, bolts, and and and

It will start to ship in September, and I think it will revolutionize the crossbow market forever. Gone are the days when crossbows were clumsy and hard to cock.
Great job! Looks mean! I’ve watch you shoot a few different demos on your channel. Any new links?
What's his YT channel name?

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:30 am
by Stercutus

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:03 am
by Zed Hunter
I've watched your YT posts and love them. I have the 130 & 110 lbs limbs and am looking for a 90 lbs limb. For small game.

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:21 am
by moab
Stercutus wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:30 am
The Slingshot Channel


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia0wYvmEGkU
OMG. I love that guy! It's him posting? Welcome!

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:15 pm
by yossarian
moab wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:21 am
Stercutus wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:30 am
The Slingshot Channel


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia0wYvmEGkU
OMG. I love that guy! It's him posting? Welcome!
He's been here for years, I think even before he started the YT channel. Watching his work evolve has honestly been one of the coolest things I've seen on ZS or even the internet as a whole.

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:10 pm
by Stercutus
I've been watching him for years. He always brings out the 12 year old in me.

When that bow becomes available in the US I will probably get one. I am willing to bet the US market will be a bit larger than the European market.