Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

For those who live in areas where firearms are not an option and those that are smart enough to have a back up.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

JoergS

Re: Wuuut! Tactical Crossbow

Post by JoergS » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:39 am

Guys, you should not forget that the six-shots-per-minute is the sustained rate of fire, measured based on 100 consecutive shots. Few longbowmen would be able to shoot 100 arrows withing 962 seconds, it is too exhausting.

Plus, don't compare a crossbow to a bow. Bows do have the advantage to shoot more often (within a limited time frame), but they are also harder to master. That is why in medieval times, there were bows and crossbows alike. But THIS crossbow is different, as it allows you to shoot WAAAYYY faster than any other crossbow on the market, even for the sustained rate of fire but drastically so when you look at six shots.

Furthermore, this discussion is EXACTLY the same as the discussion in the 1850ies, when repeating rifles came along. Yes, it took some time to reload an under lever Henry or Winchester, and the sustained rate of fire was probably not that much higher (if even) in comparison to well made single shot guns such as the Sharps. But still, repeaters prevailed. Why?

Because very often, the ability to shoot six shots VERY quickly is essential for the outcome of the fight.

Would you REALLY make a stand against more than six fast approaching Zombies with a longbow? Even if you have enough arrows? You would run, of course, as this would be your only chance. Same here.

The "Adder" is a tactical crossbow, fast repeating, accurate, silent and compact. An excellent weapon against the Undead. It is NOT designed to replace archers in a medieval army.
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JoergSprave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My blog: http://www.slingshotchannel.blogspot.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My forum: http://www.theslingshotforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:37 am

The 7 1/2" arrows/bolts for this cross bow are out of stock every where I've looked. Any one know of a source for aluminum arrow shafts this diameter? And inserts tips half moon nocks?

SHTFCO
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by SHTFCO » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:02 am

Old Post but Im making my own for the Adder. I got one coming from Gogun. Cant wait to get it.

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:43 am

I bought 2 dozen 22" aluminum crossbow bolts and cut them down to obtain 1AM " and 7" bolts. I tried fletching with cut down 3" plastic veins. They work but look crude. The shafts are slightly too thick to feed freely through the magazine. I think some judicious sanding of the channel will work.

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:00 pm

SHTFCO what are you using for the shafts?

Return to “Other Weapons”